/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam support Iraqi Insurgents?

Clover
06-18-2009, 09:25 PM
As some of you know, I plan on joining up in December/January, and I am wondering about something, cause I know I am gonna end up doing a tour in either Afghanistan, or Iraq; Does Islam support the Iraqi Insurgents who are still trying to fight the UN forces, and attacking the every now and then civilian? Like (I know, one of the words people hate haha), is it allowed in Islam what they are doing, and is it right that they do it?

~Edit~

One reason, I worry about this, is cause I try to be respectful as much as I can be, and I do not want to be over their seen as a Muslim basher, or however people see us Americans as.

Also, if this offends you in anyway, which I think might to some who are touchy, please, before you decide to post a rant, or whatever, pm me, or if you think it's really a 'bad' thing, then report the post, but please do not flame.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
blaze101
08-18-2009, 07:15 AM
good luck on yout tour of Iraq or Afghanistan,there has been a surge in Bombings there lately,and we Wish All of the Worlds troops to stay well and come home Safe.weather we are agaisnt War or not is not for debate anymore,just surportting our troops is what we need to do.Islam and Terrorist will Suport anything that kills Non- Muslims,if you are that,then your answer is no,and im guessing your From the U.S so they will prob just hate you for that. i Have been to Afghanistan for a tour with the Australian Speical Forces Unit,and it is Much tougher in Afghanistan,Just think before you do anything,and always hold your head up high,be kind to the people that are kind to you there,but remeber that your doing a job,but its a job that alot of people in the world take lightly.

Good luck Solider,Hopefully you come back home.

convert
08-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Religion aside, you will be seen as a part of a system that is seen as plunging their lives into a living hell. Islamically, there is not such thing as "civilian" there is "combatant" and "non-combatant" and anyone who is a combatant is fair game. I support whatever method the Iraqis choose to liberate themselves and side with them first and foremost. The best thing for you is to not go; otherwise, watch your back and I will lose no sleep if the mujahideen get you.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blaze101
good luck on yout tour of Iraq or Afghanistan,there has been a surge in Bombings there lately,and we Wish All of the Worlds troops to stay well and come home Safe.weather we are agaisnt War or not is not for debate anymore,just surportting our troops is what we need to do.Islam and Terrorist will Suport anything that kills Non- Muslims,if you are that,then your answer is no,and im guessing your From the U.S so they will prob just hate you for that. i Have been to Afghanistan for a tour with the Australian Speical Forces Unit,and it is Much tougher in Afghanistan,Just think before you do anything,and always hold your head up high,be kind to the people that are kind to you there,but remeber that your doing a job,but its a job that alot of people in the world take lightly.

Good luck Solider,Hopefully you come back home.

You're as ignorant as your grammar!

Religion aside, you will be seen as a part of a system that is seen as plunging their lives into a living hell.
My thoughts exactly. No one invited to be invaded.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imaan
08-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I support the jihaad, not insurgency as u call it. One who fights for his' country and religion is considered a fighter and if dies, will die as a martyr. If Iraqis invade America tommorow cos they have nuclear weapons, what will da 'innocent' shame pooooor Americans be called?

zakirs
08-19-2009, 05:57 PM
either Afghanistan, or Iraq; Does Islam support the Iraqi Insurgents who are still trying to fight the UN forces, and attacking the every now and then civilian?
Does Islam supports killing of civilians ( women and children ) ?

NO , read this verse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic..._jurisprudence)

Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone.

but you should also realise the countries which invaded did the same.where were the laws of human rights when the american planes just showered bombs on the respective country.

Its some thing like this, Its easy to blame the religion but difficult to introspect on the actions that have led to these repercussions.U might say that US invaded Afghanistan for binladen, but what about Iraq ? why was it so hell bent on nuclear WMD , which they failed to find after invading.

I do not want to be over their seen as a Muslim basher, or however people see us Americans as.

brother we believe in you because we know you.but what about people in their respective countries ? I'll give you an example - An indian freedom fighter killed many Britishers when they colonised india , people from england called him terrorist.People in india call him a Freedom fighter and national hero.What would you call this ? " a country that loves violence ?"

Also, if this offends you in anyway, which I think might to some who are touchy, please, before you decide to post a rant, or whatever, pm me, or if you think it's really a 'bad' thing, then report the post, but please do not flame.
I always think its better to clear doubts rather than having to ponder over them all the time.

salaams :)

Eric H
08-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Clover;

Forget Afghanistan and forget religion for the moment, give me one just reason that America has to be in Iraq.

How does American style justice allow for thousands of innocent men, women and children to be killed?

How does America justify a million Iraqi refugees to be driven out of their homes and country?

If you want to serve as a medic, or engineer that is fine.

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace on Earth.

Eric

zakirs
08-19-2009, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Forget Afghanistan and forget religion for the moment, give me one just reason that America has to be in Iraq.

How does American style justice allow for thousands of innocent men, women and children to be killed?

How does America justify a million Iraqi refugees to be driven out of their homes and country?

If you want to serve as a medic, or engineer that is fine.

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace on Earth.

Eric
nice reply :).:bravo:

Clover
08-19-2009, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Does Islam supports killing of civilians ( women and children ) ?

NO , read this verse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic..._jurisprudence)

Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone.

but you should also realise the countries which invaded did the same.where were the laws of human rights when the american planes just showered bombs on the respective country.

Its some thing like this, Its easy to blame the religion but difficult to introspect on the actions that have led to these repercussions.U might say that US invaded Afghanistan for binladen, but what about Iraq ? why was it so hell bent on nuclear WMD , which they failed to find after invading.

brother we believe in you because we know you.but what about people in their respective countries ? I'll give you an example - An indian freedom fighter killed many Britishers when they colonised india , people from england called him terrorist.People in india call him a Freedom fighter and national hero.What would you call this ? " a country that loves violence ?"

I always think its better to clear doubts rather than having to ponder over them all the time.

salaams :)
I don't blame Islam. I gotta admit, their are a lot of members of Islam, I would love to have a brawl with, because they act stupid, but I say that for anyone who acts stupid, especially in my own.

I don't believe that. I am pretty sure a majority here see me as a anti-Islamic American, who just wants to kill innocent people. Honestly, that's fine, nearly every major religion looks at my beliefs and calls me a Satan worshiper, so I mean, at least some people aren't that ignorant.

I guess I am just gonna go with this, and stop replying in this topic, I mean, I don't know why this topic suddenly came alive, when I made this months ago, and I have got over the thought of people hating me. They can go to hell, I am not scared to die, or fight, I know what's gonna happen to me, and I am fine with it.

format_quote Originally Posted by convert
Religion aside, you will be seen as a part of a system that is seen as plunging their lives into a living hell. Islamically, there is not such thing as "civilian" there is "combatant" and "non-combatant" and anyone who is a combatant is fair game. I support whatever method the Iraqis choose to liberate themselves and side with them first and foremost. The best thing for you is to not go; otherwise, watch your back and I will lose no sleep if the mujahideen get you.
So, if I see a iraqi kid with a gun on him, Islamically, I can kill that kid and not be in any trouble?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-20-2009, 02:23 AM
if you really want to be respectful, you wouldn't go to begin with...

north_malaysian
08-20-2009, 02:29 AM
personally, I dont support people who bombed marketplaces and mosques and people who killed innocent civilians.

Clover
08-20-2009, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
if you really want to be respectful, you wouldn't go to begin with...
Oh? So, I sign up, and say "sorry, but I can't go, cause I respect them, even though they would love to kill me without honor what so ever :)." Really. Then don't join? Sorry, I want to go to college, and no, their isn't any grants or scholarships for my university, other then the Army.

Yes, I know. Since I am going, I plan to burn villages, kill the innocent, and desecrate every holy site I can...if this is what you think I am going to do, then you obviously have no clue who or what I am.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Dang...you totally pulled that out of the air! :hmm:

zakirs
08-20-2009, 04:52 AM
I guess I am just gonna go with this, and stop replying in this topic, I mean, I don't know why this topic suddenly came alive, when I made this months ago, and I have got over the thought of people hating me. They can go to hell, I am not scared to die, or fight, I know what's gonna happen to me, and I am fine with it.
dude we do not hate you :). But you should understand that whatever reason it may be behind their actions, It is wrong because as i said islam strictly prohibits killing of women and children.but regarding why do they attack people of UN , they did the same to russians when they invaded afghanistan.Its more of nationalism than religious fanatiscm.People only invoke god so that they can get more fighters thats it.And the fact is *whatever* the reason may be you are still on their homeland which equals to occupation.I guess Americans fought wars to get freedom from british ? what was that?
( correct me if i am wrong i remember american civil war vaguely)

Peace bro :) we never think you are hater :P

zakirs
08-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Also killing a kid with gun is fine because he would kill you if you don't. ( considering you both are in a war and you are doing it in self defense )

Can i get a clarification if this is right ?
big people of this forum?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-20-2009, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Oh? So, I sign up, and say "sorry, but I can't go, cause I respect them, even though they would love to kill me without honor what so ever :)."
yes, i would want to kill someone who invaded my country as well.

Yes, I know. Since I am going, I plan to burn villages, kill the innocent, and desecrate every holy site I can...
i guess you're just going to go to have a par-tay then?

Really. Then don't join? Sorry, I want to go to college, and no, their isn't any grants or scholarships for my university, other then the Army.
so you have to kill people and invade their lands in order to get an education. wow! thats a new one!

if this is what you think I am going to do, then you obviously have no clue who or what I am.
i don't recall claiming i did.

So, if I see a iraqi kid with a gun on him, Islamically, I can kill that kid and not be in any trouble?
yes, you will be in trouble, because you shouldn't (Islamically) be there to begin with.

Muslim Woman
08-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Salaam/Peace;

.. Does Islam support the Iraqi Insurgents who are still trying to fight the UN forces, .
And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, illtreated and oppressed among men, women, and children, whose cry is: "

Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help."

( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #75)

killing innocent people is haram in Islam. But fight against enemies / invadors is a must for Muslim . So , I am sure those who are fighting against US , UK forces in Iraq and Afghanistan are doing the right
thing . May Allah bless them with paradise .

If unwillingly they kill innocent people , InshaAllah they will be forgiven.
And God Almighty knows Best.

Muslim Woman
08-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Salaam/ Peace;

...Since I am going, I plan to burn villages, kill the innocent, and desecrate every holy site I can...if this is what you think I am going to do, then you obviously have no clue who or what I am.

Why are you going there ??

convert
08-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Not with uncle sam. If I were to see you on the street talking about it, I would attack you straight up.

zakirs
08-20-2009, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace;

:sl:
i guess not they wont be forgiven since the rules of war clearly state that women and children shouldnt be killed.If that is the case what is the difference between opressors and these people :)

Clover
08-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Not with uncle sam. If I were to see you on the street talking about it, I would attack you straight up.
haha! I encourage you to do this, I really do, cause if this is how you plan to solve all your problems, then your not going to last very long, no matter where you live. I have fought in the streets, and I know what it is like, and it is not very smart. All you do, is settle your differences temporary, then that person can come after you with 3 friends, then you come back with 5. In the end, it only ends with someone either giving up or dying. Pretty dumb to be honest.

Salaam/ Peace;

Why are you going there ??
Cause, my MOS that I am going in for (in a year and a half, I think, less then 2 years now, thank the world) is one of the very popular ones that are sent over-seas, I love the MOS I want though, it's a MOS that will benefit future jobs I have after the Army. If I survive, that is.

Salaam/Peace;

And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, illtreated and oppressed among men, women, and children, whose cry is: "

Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help."

( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #75)

killing innocent people is haram in Islam. But fight against enemies / invadors is a must for Muslim . So , I am sure those who are fighting against US , UK forces in Iraq and Afghanistan are doing the right
thing . May Allah bless them with paradise .

I am not going to kill anyone unless they plan to kill me. I cannot be ordered too. Unlike popular belief, a soldier can refuse a order if the order is considered in-moral. If they put a woman in front of me and say "rape, kill" I can say "no sir" and if they try to do it, I have the right to arrest them, and hold them until their detained for trial. At least, that's what I have been told.

yes, i would want to kill someone who invaded my country as well.

i guess you're just going to go to have a par-tay then?

so you have to kill people and invade their lands in order to get an education. wow! thats a new one!

i don't recall claiming i did.

yes, you will be in trouble, because you shouldn't (Islamically) be there to begin with.
Then why are they accepting training from US Army Advisers for their police forces, and militia? Kinda hypocritical don't you think?

Nope, I will end up patrolling, like my cousin does in South Korea, for around 8-12 hours a day.

I only kill who try to kill me, sorry, I would prefer not to die.

Ok, thanks for answer.

convert
08-20-2009, 07:31 PM
haha! I encourage you to do this, I really do, cause if this is how you plan to solve all your problems, then your not going to last very long, no matter where you live. I have fought in the streets, and I know what it is like, and it is not very smart. All you do, is settle your differences temporary, then that person can come after you with 3 friends, then you come back with 5. In the end, it only ends with someone either giving up or dying. Pretty dumb to be honest.
I'm not bragging or speaking big or anything. If you go around bragging about killing muslims on the street, I will go for you. I seek the pleasure of Allah and not whatever you think.

What is the purpose of this thread? Why would a kaffir want to know the islamic stance of a kaffir killing a muslim? What do you expect a muslim to say when you pose that question? Please go to Iraq, I await seeing you on an as-Sahab video.

Clover
08-20-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm not bragging or speaking big or anything. If you go around bragging about killing muslims on the street, I will go for you. I seek the pleasure of Allah and not whatever you think.

What is the purpose of this thread? Why would a kaffir want to know the islamic stance of a kaffir killing a muslim? What do you expect a muslim to say when you pose that question? Please go to Iraq, I await seeing you on an as-Sahab video.
Sure you aren't. When did I ever say I would do that? I was being sarcastic, you moron.

Please re-read the OP, my question was, does Islam support the Iraqi Insurgents.

And I await to see if you actually would try to hurt me, cause if you did, #1, you'd go to prison #2 you'd probably lose.

S_87
08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
there are protecting their honour and lives against oppressors...im sorry but you will be seen as an invader

Eric H
08-20-2009, 10:22 PM

does Islam support the Iraqi Insurgents.
I would call them freedom fighters, rather than insurgents. A few years ago these people would have just been getting along supporting themselves and their families. America and Britain have forced them to take up arms.

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace for all people

Eric

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Why result to insulting? Just shows lack of patience...tsk tsk.

Clover
08-21-2009, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Why result to insulting? Just shows lack of patience...tsk tsk.
Cause I am having a bad day. I have strained my ankle, I have to wear a cast for the next week, and I have to do a sports wrap on my wrist, for at least 3 days, until a Orthopedic Surgeon arrives.

Muslim Woman
08-21-2009, 02:34 AM
Salaam/ Peace;

.. it's a MOS that will benefit future jobs I have after the Army. .

Iraqi people are not responsible for 9/11 and there is no WMD , what's the justification for Americans to be in Iraq ? To get a better job in future , you are ready to go there to help US Govt. to go on killing innocent ? That's strange .

On the final day , it will be very difficult for you to justify this decision in front of God Almighty. If we can't stop any evil , at least we must not support it .

Number Of Iraqis Slaughtered Since The U.S. Invaded Iraq "1,339,771""

www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq/iraqdeaths.html

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-21-2009, 02:36 AM
In Islam, when we get angry, we're advised to sit down, if not then lie down, if that doesn't work then...make wudhu. The first two you could do..

Ummu Sufyaan
08-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Then why are they accepting training from US Army Advisers for their police forces, and militia? Kinda hypocritical don't you think?
you mean becuase they have other choices given to them from a bunch of people who invade their land and have placed themselves an authority over them? :exhausted its either beat 'em or join 'em.

Nope, I will end up patrolling, like my cousin does in South Korea, for around 8-12 hours a day.
you mean patrolling people who have every right to kill to you, since you are "patrolling" their territory and people illegally, while your governments takes their wealth and oil. wow, hail America all! :bravo:

I only kill who try to kill me, sorry, I would prefer not to die.
as im sure those Iraqis who you are "patrolling" would like, likewise.

Ok, thanks for answer.
no worries.

nice try...but thats the exact same concept your heroic army endorses.

What is the purpose of this thread? Why would a kaffir want to know the islamic stance of a kaffir killing a muslim?
well since he loves and respects Muslims he tries to win us over by signing on an Islamic forum and acting as our hero and friend, but then insists that we are the bad guys for defending ourselves against people like him?

What do you expect a muslim to say when you pose that question? Please go to Iraq, I await seeing you on an as-Sahab video.
he was trying to get us to admit that our brothers in Iraq are terrorists for fighting for their rights.

Muslim Woman
08-21-2009, 02:41 AM
:wa:

:sl:

what is the difference between opressors and these people :)
when US Govt dropped bombs in Iraq , they knew that Iraqi people are innocent . They intentionally killed men , women , children .

I hope , those who are fighting for freedom are not killing their own people intentionally --their target is armed enemies . If they missed the target , there is a chance Allah will forgive them and Allah knows Best.

convert
08-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Sure you aren't. When did I ever say I would do that? I was being sarcastic, you moron.

Please re-read the OP, my question was, does Islam support the Iraqi Insurgents.

And I await to see if you actually would try to hurt me, cause if you did, #1, you'd go to prison #2 you'd probably lose.
1. i dont care
2. dont be so sure about that, e-toughguy

why are we arguing about that. re-read your posts. what is the purpose of this thread?

go to iraq. have fun. the only response you will get if you come back in a casket is alhamdulillah.

zakirs
08-21-2009, 07:03 AM
i guess this post is getting a bit serious ... cheer up guys ! :D ..

I guess clover understood different views ?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-21-2009, 01:27 PM
i guess this post is getting a bit serious ... cheer up guys ! :D ..
Yes...take a chill pill, have some icecream!

Clover
08-22-2009, 10:46 PM
1. i dont care
2. dont be so sure about that, e-toughguy

why are we arguing about that. re-read your posts. what is the purpose of this thread?

go to iraq. have fun. the only response you will get if you come back in a casket is alhamdulillah.
I was asking a question...

e-toughguy? haha, yes, I am sitting here, proving my strength to a bunch of guys/girls on the internet. This makes my day...sorry, nope :).

you mean becuase they have other choices given to them from a bunch of people who invade their land and have placed themselves an authority over them? :exhausted its either beat 'em or join 'em.

you mean patrolling people who have every right to kill to you, since you are "patrolling" their territory and people illegally, while your governments takes their wealth and oil. wow, hail America all! :bravo:

as im sure those Iraqis who you are "patrolling" would like, likewise.

no worries.

nice try...but thats the exact same concept your heroic army endorses.

well since he loves and respects Muslims he tries to win us over by signing on an Islamic forum and acting as our hero and friend, but then insists that we are the bad guys for defending ourselves against people like him?

he was trying to get us to admit that our brothers in Iraq are terrorists for fighting for their rights.
No, I was asking if Islam supports them, I am not trying to win you guys over. I don't really care, cause if I wanted too, I would have lied, but I didn't. I do not want to be a hero, for anyone. I never called you or anyone on here the bad guys, but thanks, you know more about my reasoning to be here then I do apparently.

Salaam/ Peace;

Iraqi people are not responsible for 9/11 and there is no WMD , what's the justification for Americans to be in Iraq ? To get a better job in future , you are ready to go there to help US Govt. to go on killing innocent ? That's strange .

On the final day , it will be very difficult for you to justify this decision in front of God Almighty. If we can't stop any evil , at least we must not support it .

Number Of Iraqis Slaughtered Since The U.S. Invaded Iraq "1,339,771""

www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq/iraqdeaths.html
I am not going to try to justify myself to anyone, and not even a "God", cause if he is "God" then I would be wasting my breath, he would know everything and would already be sending me to wherever he wants.

S_87
08-22-2009, 11:07 PM
No, I was asking if Islam supports them, I am not trying to win you guys over.
if that is what you really want to know then yes, they are supported by muslims and even many non muslims because they are defending themselves against oppressive invaders and they are fully in their right to do so and fight the invaders who are killing their families and destroying their homes and lives.
its an illegal war based on lies.

Clover
08-22-2009, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
if that is what you really want to know then yes, they are supported by muslims and even many non muslims because they are defending themselves against oppressive invaders and they are fully in their right to do so and fight the invaders who are killing their families and destroying their homes and lives.
its an illegal war based on lies.
ok. I am going to request a topic lock.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.