/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IslamicBoard Template Change

Beardo
06-21-2009, 07:27 PM
I know the first reaction from some people would be "Dictator coming in and changing our land!"

But that's not my intention. lol

Truth is, I love originality. But the current template does not support the side bar, such as the requested donation box. If you go to roadtojannah.org/forum (please don't register there. I'll be using that for Academy purposes), you'll see an example. I plan to have LI's sidebar a LOT better. We'll have a donation box, recent poll, etc on it, Insha'Allah.

But... What would you guys think of a new template? I don't want to change obsessively. Radio Show is a big move for some of you too. Of course, I will give you guys choices to choose from. My main purpose is for the sidebar. That's all. And the side bar's main use is for the requested donation box.

By the way, for those who complained, Alhamdulillah we will be reducing Ads quite a bit!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
06-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Is the new template on?

Beardo
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
...No... Did you read the post? lol...

Yanal
06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
^ you asked "What do you guys think of a new template?"

Which means one of two things:You already installed it;or you are asking our opinions.

So which one?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
06-21-2009, 07:44 PM
i didnt vote for this guy?

Na7lah
06-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Which means one of two things:You already installed it;or you are asking our opinions.
the second ^
i don't know but i guess its ok is its not too much of a change from the current template

Beardo
06-21-2009, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i didnt vote for this guy?
Don't I feel welcomed. :skeleton:

---

Then there'll probably be no change in that case. Let's wait for a few more opinions though.

Yanal
06-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Can you show a sample though?

crayon
06-21-2009, 07:49 PM
'Tis all good, inshaAllah.

Nájlá
06-21-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't mind if there isnt much change...

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Can you show a sample though?
here, read...

If you go to roadtojannah.org/forum (please don't register there. I'll be using that for Academy purposes), you'll see an example.

Cabdullahi
06-21-2009, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Don't I feel welcomed. :skeleton:

---

Then there'll probably be no change in that case. Let's wait for a few more opinions though.
its all good as long as you give me a spot on your radio show

The Ruler
06-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I hate the color.

Yanal
06-21-2009, 08:08 PM
No bro we should keep this one...

piXie
06-21-2009, 08:17 PM
But the current template does not support the side bar, such as the requested donation box.
Is it not possible to put the donation box somewhere else (e.g. on the Load- Islam Website), and leave the Forums Template as it is?

BlissfullyJaded
06-21-2009, 08:28 PM
^ Would as many people see it as would on the LI forums tho? :? Truthfully, I hardly even visit the site much. :X

I like that skin. I remember using it at another forum...

Yanal
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
he has ,it is on his blog. For link click my signature.

alcurad
06-21-2009, 08:54 PM
hmm, if the skin is not update able, then sure, although I'd prefer the current one, it served us well.

wait, 485O_0?

Danah
06-21-2009, 09:16 PM
well, to make things more clear brother eHafiz. If you have a demo or a sample for the new template, then we can give you more useful inputs inshaAllah
because I think we have to change for a new template since we don't have the side box u talked about in the current one.

Its good thing that ads will be reduced, but will we receive PM ads? I hope no <_<

Yanal
06-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Check the skin at http://www.roadtojannah.org/forum

Beardo
06-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Yanal, if you aren't 100% sure, you're better off not saying anything. You're throwing people off track lol.

I said please check the SIDEBAR on that link to give an example of what I want. The template is yet to be chosen. Remember, I said I will give you guys a choice. And Insha'Allah, it'll be a wife selection of choices.

This template will still be here under the options link at the bottom of the forum. But for the default, I want something with a sidebar if you guys agree.

Beardo
06-21-2009, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
well, to make things more clear brother eHafiz. If you have a demo or a sample for the new template, then we can give you more useful inputs inshaAllah
because I think we have to change for a new template since we don't have the side box u talked about in the current one.

Its good thing that ads will be reduced, but will we receive PM ads? I hope no <_<
As far as PM Ads, not sure. We do need the funds. Unless we get adequate donations etc, we might have to do that.

Search "vBulletin templates" or "vBulletin Skins" in google and find something you like. Try to keep it $50 and under! You can post screenshots of your favorite ones here and members can choose insha'Allah!

Yanal
06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Ok.

Beardo
06-21-2009, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Ok.
lol hope you didn't take it offensively. As I said, I'm still a villager from rtj forums. :skeleton: Moving in to the big city is so... fast! :enough!:

The Ruler
06-21-2009, 11:01 PM
I said please check the SIDEBAR on that link to give an example of what I want. The template is yet to be chosen. Remember, I said I will give you guys a choice. And Insha'Allah, it'll be a wife selection of choices.
I see. But I still don't like it. Then again, I don't really 'like' any of the existing themes. It's a matter of getting used to what I see on screen. I suppose in time, I'll get used to that sidebar. Everyone will. So now, the decision is pretty much upto you, eHafiz.

Beardo
06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
I see. But I still don't like it. Then again, I don't really 'like' any of the existing themes. It's a matter of getting used to what I see on screen. I suppose in time, I'll get used to that sidebar. Everyone will. So now, the decision is pretty much upto you, eHafiz.
Noooo. Don't say that. Decision is first and foremost up to the staff, then to the members. As Alpha kindly reminded me, I am a n00b lol. I'm just putting forth suggestions. I think it'll encourage people to donate more though, if we have a sidebar.

The Ruler
06-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Noooo. Don't say that. Decision is first and foremost up to the staff, then to the members. As Alpha kindly reminded me, I am a n00b lol. I'm just putting forth suggestions. I think it'll encourage people to donate more though, if we have a sidebar.
Maybe... But really, if I want to donate, I wouldn't mind a few more clicks to go to your blog and do so. That's my opinion.

Hoho~ Lady's rather nice, isn't she. And she calls me a grouch. Heh.

Maybe we could have a trial? Because I won't know how comfortable I am with that skin unless I've used it.

Beardo
06-22-2009, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Maybe... But really, if I want to donate, I wouldn't mind a few more clicks to go to your blog and do so. That's my opinion.

Hoho~ Lady's rather nice, isn't she. And she calls me a grouch. Heh.

Maybe we could have a trial? Because I won't know how comfortable I am with that skin unless I've used it.
Trials can't be done. I can show you a demo version, but not even a penny can go in waste. If we purchase a template, then we have to purchase with full assurance that it'll be in use. We're very tight on funds at the moment. If we can pass through this month, then we're fine. But it's this first month that's crucial.

جوري
06-22-2009, 01:19 AM
LI, looks beautiful, it is user friendly and attractive..
I have been on this middle eastern forum which is in pink and everyone is somehow gay but I don't think they know it from all their sordid poetry and unusual busy glittering creatures which they have stuck every where and bizarro contents and dialogues, you can't distinguish text from signature & it gave me nightmares literally... I dreamt I had to paint this hideous pink house with crumbling tiles blue, and I woke up very tired from all the work..

at least if you will do anything to it keep it simple.. simplicity literally translates to understated elegance.. do you ever wonder why Marni cardigans cost over $400 when there is nothing but soft cashmere and three buttons.. proving the saying always held true.. Less is more...

my two cents

:w:

Yanal
06-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Bro ehafiz it should be a no for the first month cos we are low in money.

Beardo
06-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Gossamer, that's one of the best feedback I've received.

Instead, I think what I will work towards is the same template re-installed and with a sidebar. How does that sound to you guys? I suppose originality should remain.

Yanal
06-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Good.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Remember, I said I will give you guys a choice. And Insha'Allah, it'll be a wife selection of choices.
I know this is a completely useless addition to this thread, but I just had to point that out! :D

Yanal
06-22-2009, 09:16 PM
^you could choose then right?:D

On a serious note may Allah bless you with a good woman.

Beardo
06-22-2009, 10:39 PM
LOL! :-[

I'm serious, I wasn't even THINKING about that! lol... typo!

I meant wide*

The Ruler
06-22-2009, 10:42 PM
LOL! :-[

I'm serious, I wasn't even THINKING about that! lol... typo!

I meant wide*
I couldn't have guessed. I was wondering why you didn't say husband, but then left it to the fact that you're a boy.

Silver Pearl
06-23-2009, 03:07 AM
I plan to have LI's sidebar a LOT better. We'll have a donation box, recent poll, etc on it, Insha'Allah.
But we like our tacky looking side bars.

But... What would you guys think of a new template?
We shall not stand for such drastic change! Most of us are emotionally, mentally or in some way disoriented as it is, this would drive us to the brick of insanity.

Radio Show is a big move for some of you too.

It was? O_O

And the side bar's main use is for the requested donation box.
I mean I suppose we can kinda live with a donation bar, anything else may and could upset us.

By the way, for those who complained, Alhamdulillah we will be reducing Ads quite a bit!
Oh I'm glad we've all come to the conclusion that they were a pain.

In all honesty, most of us aren't that concerned how the board looks on the condition that its not annoying to look at it.

Inshaa'Allaah the template goes well.

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer
I have been on this middle eastern forum which is in pink and everyone is somehow gay but I don't think they know it from all their sordid poetry and unusual busy glittering creatures which they have stuck every where and bizarro contents and dialogues, you can't distinguish text from signature & it gave me nightmares literally... I dreamt I had to paint this hideous pink house with crumbling tiles blue, and I woke up very tired from all the work..
LOL, I think the men thought, ah but we see men wearing pink shirts in America so we can do it too and it got too far and now all they see is pink, fluff and glitter. No wonder the women seem to be content. :skeleton:

Beardo
06-23-2009, 03:53 AM
For all those who didn't want the template change, thank Silver Pearl...

جوري
06-23-2009, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

LOL, I think the men thought, ah but we see men wearing pink shirts in America so we can do it too and it got too far and now all they see is pink, fluff and glitter. No wonder the women seem to be content. :skeleton:

I don't know if it were just the pinkness although that alone was a complete eye sore.. it was the entire attitude.. I dislike effeminate men, I mean I really dislike effeminate men and women who lay it on extra thick.. did I also mention I detest[ 'energized' for lack of better word :rollseyes] teenagers... Yeah, I couldn't wait to get out of there.. gave an advise to one sincere Yemeni guy about his mom's diabetes and left in a hurry -- kept cleaning all my caches and cookies and history not to have any trace of it, but I still get messages from them in my email box ...

BlissfullyJaded
06-23-2009, 04:48 AM
^ Ohh my! When I first read pink I thought it was a women's only forum. Jeez, men on a pink forum, that's a scary thought!

We shall not stand for such drastic change! Most of us are emotionally, mentally or in some way disoriented as it is, this would drive us to the brick of insanity.
Thanks for telling him what we were all trying to cover up about ourselves. imsad

جوري
06-23-2009, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
^ Ohh my! When I first read pink I thought it was a women's only forum. Jeez, men on a pink forum, that's a scary thought!

yesssss.. and they were acting very pink like .... I'd link it here, except I can't bear it.. lol

Beardo
06-23-2009, 06:04 AM

Thanks for telling him what we were all trying to cov
er up about ourselves. imsad
My only concern is that I'll mix in.

Silver Pearl
06-23-2009, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I don't know if it were just the pinkness although that alone was a complete eye sore.. it was the entire attitude.. I dislike effeminate men, I mean I really dislike effeminate men and women who lay it on extra thick.. did I also mention I detest[ 'energized' for lack of better word :rollseyes] teenagers... Yeah, I couldn't wait to get out of there.. gave an advise to one sincere Yemeni guy about his mom's diabetes and left in a hurry -- kept cleaning all my caches and cookies and history not to have any trace of it, but I still get messages from them in my email box ...

Hahaha, that kid is just so creepy looking O_O. Teenage years rocked! You could be a complete pain and people just said 'ah teenagers' as though that explained it all. Great times :p

LOL Perhaps, just perhaps those men are colour blind, yes! yes that could explain it all!

Thanks for telling him what we were all trying to cover up about ourselves. imsad
Sorry! I thought they had already sussed us out O_O :-[.

My only concern is that I'll mix in.
So we welcome you. With open arms. [Terms and conditions apply]

Yanal
06-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Uhhhhhhh...so we are not making any changes right?

Beardo
06-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Matrimonial Advert Notice:

I am working towards getting them removed. It's quite unfortunate that we actually had them on the site. Ads are the only way to pay for the monthly hosting. Alhamdulillah, our contractors agreed to only two Ads, and insha'Allah we will receive our pay. I won't disclose quantity, but it pays just about right, possibly more I hope.

Its a matter of getting through until next month, since our payouts come every 30 days of advertising.

In terms of how much we need more to cover this month, is $140 more. Please do support us by donating! I did post a donation box up.

Insha'Allah, thisll be the only month I'll be insisting on donations. Otherwise, we will keep quiet. PM or use contact form if you are looking to donate sums over $75.

Jazakumullah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.