/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions Regarding Marriage

Beardo
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
A married non-Muslim couple converts to Islam. Do they have a Nikkah after their acceptance?

Secondly, is it just me or is it embarassing to say "Yes I accept (or I do)" at your nikkah in front of so many people, possibly on the mic.... I've been to a few Nikkah(s) recently, and went into fits of giggles and laughter. My friends had to calm me down. :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
06-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Nikaah is an Islamic marriage contract, even if they are married legally, they are not married Islamically. So I assume that yes, they would have to do a Nikaah. This is just my common sense talking though, perhaps there's a different ruling.

And to your other question... It's just you.:><:

Beardo
06-24-2009, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Nikaah is an Islamic marriage contract, even if they are married legally, they are not married Islamically. So I assume that yes, they would have to do a Nikaah. This is just my common sense talking though, perhaps there's a different ruling.

Oh. I was thinking the same thing too.

And... :-[ Oh.... :skeleton:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-24-2009, 11:56 PM
I have no clue but I'm gunna agree with sis crayon. Tis just u dude!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
06-24-2009, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I have no clue but I'm gunna agree with sis crayon. Tis just u dude!
>.< It's times like these I wish I could just hide in the closet.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Nah it's cool....probably if I was there and see some odd expression on the couples face while saying that and then hearing someone like YOU giggle...I just might start too :/

Beardo
06-25-2009, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Nah it's cool....probably if I was there and see some odd expression on the couples face while saying that and then hearing someone like YOU giggle...I just might start too :/
There it goes again. You and zAk... "someone like YOU..." Am I another species? :exhausted Just because I'm from the Jannah Network, I become "one of YOU", as zAk told me once.

ragdollcat1982
06-25-2009, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon

In islam one has to be married religiously first as I can understand that marriage is from God, but what if a person is already legally married to someone else in a country where one must be divorced from another before they are free to marry again like here in the US. Would any iman say it is permissable to do the religious ceremony before the civil divorce?

Yanal
06-25-2009, 12:41 AM
:salamext:
Bismillahair Rahmaan Niraheem
Yes they do because they married unislamically because at that time they were not muslims and to make it a halal marriage they need to do Nikkah. As for your other question I say I would also feel embarrassed while saying such a thing. Maybe its because we are under 18 perhaps?

Walakum Asalam Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh

Beardo
06-25-2009, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
In islam one has to be married religiously first as I can understand that marriage is from God, but what if a person is already legally married to someone else in a country where one must be divorced from another before they are free to marry again like here in the US. Would any iman say it is permissable to do the religious ceremony before the civil divorce?

Hm... That's a tough one. I suggest submitting it into askimam.org!

alcurad
06-25-2009, 12:56 AM
this is very simple, yet is also part of the basics, so here goes: there are general rules that need to be met for a marriage to be 'Islamically' valid, such as consent of both parties, both parties being known to each other, and that the marriage be made public-through announcement more or less- and the presence of-two-witnesses and others, there is much literature discussing marriage all over-obviously-.
a legal contract is enough to validate a marriage 'Islamically' if said conditions are met.

again : if a legal contract satisfies these conditions, then the marriage is sanctioned by islam, otherwise it depends on what conditions weren't meat, consent is essential, and if absent the marriage is invalid, however say the public announcement-in the mosque, telling relatives, neighbors etc- doesn't occur, then the marriage is still valid religiously speaking.

as it were, 'Islamic' marriage is/was a legal contract, at that time they didn't have the governments and systems we have now.

OP: probably not. nikah is used to mean marriage most of the time. if they were married then converted to Islam they are still married.

Muslim Woman
06-25-2009, 01:44 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
A married non-Muslim couple converts to Islam. Do they have a Nikkah after their acceptance?
I read that if they become Muslims at a same time , then they don't have to re-marry .

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-25-2009, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
There it goes again. You and zAk... "someone like YOU..." Am I another species? :exhausted Just because I'm from the Jannah Network, I become "one of YOU", as zAk told me once.
lol im sorry i meant it as an example :D

Forgive ur sister in islam please lol.

:skeleton:

Yanal
06-25-2009, 02:19 AM
^ off topic

@Sister Muslim-He clearly said "Married couple" which means they are already married and converted.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.