/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do i say(in transliterated Arabic?)

love_quran
06-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks be to Allah
Thanks be to Allah, Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds

Also, is there a pattern to Dua prayer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ragdollcat1982
06-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Is it possible to learn transliterated Arabic? I would love to speak it before I read it.

love_quran
06-30-2009, 06:22 PM
well i mean transliterated into the english phoneme

ragdollcat1982
06-30-2009, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
well i mean transliterated into the english phoneme
Me too. I have tried to start to learn the alphabet from the free Madinah arabic course and I just get so confused:confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks be to Allah

Shukr means thanks, so your phrase thanks be to Allah is;

Shukru [thanks] L [for] ilahi [God] Rabb [Lord] il (of) [the] Aalameen (worlds)

However, Muslims usually say Alhamdulillah [the praise is for Allah] - the Lord of the worlds. So Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Aalameen [this is the first verse in the Qur'an by the way.]

Al [the] hamdu [praise] L [for] ilahi [God] Rabb [Lord] il (of) [the] Aalameen (worlds)

- Qatada -
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't know what u mean by pattern in prayer, but we can pray our personal supplications in our own languages, however - the prayer [salah] that we pray 5x a day is in arabic, since we recite Qur'an in it etc. :)

Peace.

جوري
06-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks be to Allah

you would say it like this:
1-Al-Ĥamdu Lillāhi Rabbi Al-`Ālamīn

2-Ar-Raĥmāni Ar-Raĥīm

try this teaching tool

http://transliteration.org/Quran/Web...nch/Fram2E.htm

I usually make my supplication during sujood

:w:

Hayaa
06-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks be to Allah

:salambox:

Here's my attempt. :)

Alhamdulilah = Thanks be to Allah
Rabbil- 'aalameen= Lord of the Worlds

so it'd be like.. Alhamdulilahi Rabbil- 'aalameen when you say it all together.

And there are tons of dua's that you can recite, depending on the occasion/purpose.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

:w:

love_quran
06-30-2009, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
I don't know what u mean by pattern in prayer, but we can pray our personal supplications in our own languages, however - the prayer [salah] that we pray 5x a day is in arabic, since we recite Qur'an in it etc. :)

Peace.
well...for example...When i was mormon (ouch that was a waste of 14 years of my life ..i will NOT being that again) they had a "pattern of prayer [keep in mind my typing this out is not an intended prosylization of/for the mormon church and its doctrine]. It was

1. Address God ("heavenly father...")
2. Thank him for blessings
3. Ask for what you need
4. close in the name of Jesus

part of the "acid of my heart" is the prolonged effects of my having been in that religion for as long as it was. Thanks be to Allah i was led out of that filth by HIM. In any case i was wondering if there were any kind of pattern to dua prayer i should be following or a way of picking out verses from to quran to pray etc. that i can be sure not offend in my dua prayers to Allah.

(if any of you reading this are or were mormon or are thinking about becoming mormon please visit exmormon.com and exmormon.org some of the posts there have some profanity but for the most part you will find plenty of evidence to stay away or get away from the mormon churches altogether)

جوري
06-30-2009, 07:14 PM
here is a sample of du3a/ supplication with translation..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6s...ngl_shortfilms

جوري
06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
more du3a/supplication but this one has no translation unfortunately

Media Tags are no longer supported

- Qatada -
06-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh ok, yeah there is a method in Islam.

Its to ask Allah to send peace and blessings (salaat and salaam) upon Prophet Muhammad.

Then it is to call upon Allah by His beautiful Names and Attributes, so if you are asking Allah for His Mercy, then call Him by His Merciful names, and if you are praying against the oppressors, then to use Names of Allah which suit that context.

Here's two links to read the different Names and Attributes of Allah with translation of the meaning;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFh6gXmWdIo
http://www.islamicity.com/Mosque/99names.htm

Then you should say your prayer to Allah, continuously calling Him by His beautiful Names.

Then to ask Allah to send peace and blessings upon Allah's Messenger again to end the prayer.

Allah knows best.

rk9414
06-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Try this website and check mark transliteration
http://www.guidedways.com/chapter_di...erTranslations[]=6&otherTranslations[]=5

Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheem
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi alAAalameen
Alrrahmani alrraheem
Maliki yawmi alddeen
Iyyaka naAAbudu waiyyaka nastaAAeen
Ihdina alssirata almustaqeem
Sirata allatheena anAAamta AAalayhim ghayri almaghdoobi AAalayhim wala alddalleen

love_quran
06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
part of why i am asking this is beacause:

A: I feel ALOT of gratitude to Allah for seeing me through my times of difficulting keeping my faith in HIM alive and for leading me to Islam.

B: I wish to bring into my everydaylife reminders of Allah's Love/message of Islam and an Arabic translation of those phrases i feel may help me in some part

C: i already mentioned above my acidic mormon past i am still reeling from the damage they (the mormons and their church) caused me. I am so grateful Allah has helped me heal as much as i have already

جوري
06-30-2009, 07:32 PM
^^^ That is beautiful.

you can try some of this du3a

Quranic Supplications
The original text is given in Arabic, followed by its transliterated forms, as well as by the English meaning of each Du'a'.
"Rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatan wa fil 'akhirati hasanatan waqina 'adhaban-nar."
"Our Lord! grant us good in this world and good in the hereafter, and save us from the chastisement of the fire." (2:201)
"Rabbana afrigh 'alayna sabran wa thabbit aqdamana wansurna 'alal-qawmil-kafirin."
"Our Lord! pour down upon us patience, and make our steps firm and assist us against the unbelieving people." (2:250)
"Rabbana la tu'akhizna in-nasina aw akh-ta'na. Rab-bana wa la tahmil 'alayna isran kama hamaltahu 'ala-lladhina min qablina, Rab-bana wa la tuhammilna ma la taqata lana bih, wa-'fu 'anna wa 'ghfirlana warhamna anta Maulana fansurna 'alal-qawmil kafirin."
"Our Lord! do not punish us if we forget or make mistake; Our Lord! do not lay on us a burden as Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! do not impose upon us that which we have not the strength to bear; and pardon us and grant us protection and have mercy on us, Thou art our Patron, so help us against the unbelieving people." (2:286)
"Rabbana innaka man tudkhilin-nara fa-qad akhzaytahu, wa ma liz-zalimina min ansar."
"Rabbana innana sami'na munadiyan yunadi lil imani an aminu bi-Rabbikum fa-amanna, Rabbana faghfir lana dhunubana wa kaffir 'anna sayyiatina wa tawaffana ma'al-abrar. Rabbana wa atina ma wa'adta-na 'ala russuli-ka wa la tikhzi-na yauma-l-qiyamati innaka latukhlifu-l-mi'ad."
"Our Lord! surely whomsoever Thou makest enter fire, him Thou hast indeed brought to disgrace, and there shall be no helpers for the unjust."
"Our Lord! We have heard the call of one calling (us) to faith, saying, Believe in your Lord; so we do believe; our lord! forgive us our faults and cover our evil deeds and make us die with the righteous; Our Lord! and grant us what Thou hast promised us by Thy messengers and disgrace us not on the day of reserrection; surely Thou dost not fail to perform the promise." (3:192-194)
"Rabbi 'j'alni muqima's-Salati wa min Thurriyati, Rabbana wa taqqabal du'a', Rabbana'ghfirli wa li walidayya walil-Mu'minina yawma yaqumul-Hisab."
"O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring. O our Lord! and accept Thou my prayer."
"O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness - me, my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!" (14:40-41)
"Rabbana atina min ladunka rahmatan wa hayyi' lana min amrina rashada."
"Our Lord! give us mercy from Thy presence, and shape for us right conduct in our plight." (18:10)
"Rabbi-'shrah li sadri wa yassirli amri wa-hlul 'uqdatan min lisani yafqahu qawli."
"O My Lord! expand my breast for me. And ease my task for me; and loose a knot from my tongue, (That) they may understand my saying. (20:25-2)
"Rabbana Isrif 'anna 'adhaba Jahannama, 'inna 'adhabaha kana gharama, innaha sa'at mustaqarran wa muqama."
"O Our Lord! turn away from us the chastisement of hell, surely the chastisement thereof is a lasting evil. Surely it is an evil abode and (an evil) place to stay in." (25:65-66)
"Rabbana hab lana min azwajina wa dhuriyyatina qurrata A'yunin waj'alna lil-muttaqina imama."
"Our Lord! grant us in our mates and offspring the joy of our eyes and make us patterns for those who guard against evil." (25:74)
"Rabbi awzi'ni an ashkura ni'mata-ka-llati an'amta 'alayaa wa 'ala walidayya wa an a'mala salihan tardahu wa aslih li fi dhurriyyati, inni tubtu ilaika wa inni minal-muslimeen."
"O My Lord! grant me that I should be gateful for Thy favor which Thou hast bestowed on me and my parents, and that I should do good such as Thou art pleased and do good to me in respect of my offspring; surely I turn to Thee, and truly I submit (to Thee) in Islam." (46:15)
"Rabbanaghfir lana wa li-ikhwaninal ladhinal sabaquna bil-Imami wa la taj'al fi qulubina ghillan lil ladhina amana Rabbana innaka Ra'ufun Rahim."
"Our Lord! forgive us and those of our brethren who had precedence over us in faith, and do not allow any spite to remain in our hearts towards those who believe, Our Lord! surely Thou art Kind, Merciful." (59:10)
"Rabbana 'alaika tawakkalna wa ilaika anabna wa ilaikal-masir. Rabbana la taj'alna fitnatan li-lladhina kafaru waghfir lana Rabbana innaka Antal 'Azizul-Hakim."
"Our Lord! on Thee do we rely, and to Thee do we turn, and to Thee is the eventual coming. Our Lord! do not make us a trial for those, who disbelieve, and forgive us, Our Lord! surely Thou are the Mighty, the Wise." (60:4-5)
"Rabbana la tuzighqulubana ba'da idh hadaitana wa hab lana min ladun-ka rahmah, innaka antal Wahhab.
"Our Lord! do not make our hearts deviate after Thou hast guided us aright and grant us from Thy mercy; surely Thou art te most liberal Giver." (3:8)
"Rabbana zalamna anfusana, wa in lam taghfir lana wa tarhamna la-nakunanna minal-khaasirin."
"Our Lord! we have been unjust to ourselves, and if Thou forgive us not, and have (not) mercy on us, we shall certainly be of the losers." (7:23)
" ... Anta waliyyuna faghfir lana warhamna wa Anta Khayrul-ghafirin. Waktub lana fi hadhid-dunya hasanatan wa fil-akhirati inna hudna ilay-ka."
" ... Thou art our Guardian. Therefore, forgive us and have mercy on us, and Thou art the Best of the forgivers. And ordain for us good in this world's life and in the hereafter, for surely we turn to Thee." (7:155-156)
"Rabbana la taj'alna fitnatan lil-qamidh-dhalimin. Wa najjina birahmati-ka minal qawmil-kaafirin.
"Our Lord! make us not a trial for the unjust people. And do Thou deliver us by Thy mercy from the unbelieving people." (10:85-86)

I got it from this website which has more for different situations..

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/

UmmSqueakster
06-30-2009, 08:57 PM
For more info on duas, check - http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/dua.html - lots of different dua, the importance of dua, ettiquette of dua, etc.

love_quran
07-06-2009, 03:57 PM
I thought Duas in ones own language were permissable? Also are there any good sites with good tutorials on recognizing the letters in the arabic language alphabet??

- Qatada -
07-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey..

There's alot of sites if you search for 'Arabic alphabet' phonetics etc. on google.

Here's a good example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUKvz7XTRv8

And dua's in your own personal language are permissible :) however in the prayer [5 daily prayers] they should be in arabic.

islamlover_girl
07-07-2009, 02:24 AM
I thought Duas in ones own language were permissable?
yes of course ,it`s permissiable

Also are there any good sites with good tutorials on recognizing the letters in the arabic language alphabet??
this is a good site,it contains a good audio for arabic letters and vowels
http://arabic.speak7.com/arabic_alphabet.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.