/* */

PDA

View Full Version : contstrucive critisism needed...

Ummu Sufyaan
07-01-2009, 04:03 AM
:sl:
observe this sketch and state in which ways (if any) it may need improving...improving meaning things like the proportions of the objects drawn/shadings, etc not the picture itself...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-01-2009, 01:06 PM
*bump...

Afifa
07-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Most of the picture has a 3d effect just the moon looks 'flat' between everything.
Nice sketch mashallah. Did you draw it?

Nájlá
07-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Did you draw this? Its nice mashallah.

Yeh i agree with Afifa the moon needs to look like 3d.
also on the Sea where you have the darker shades i think it needs to be a bit darker.
And maybe you could add a bit of shading to the sky. It doesn't look like its night....

Apart from that its :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
-Elle-
07-01-2009, 04:39 PM

The proportion of the moon is too big in comparison to its surrounding elements (the lighthouse or the boat).

Try adding different kinds of shading to the water, to give it that 3D effect and make it appear more vivid.

I was going to mention something about perspective drawing,but I don't know if its too much info fo what you're looking for...:)
(if you're interested, here's a link: http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/intro2.html)

Anyway, lastly, I'd suggest adding a few more elements to the right side of the drawing, since the drawing appears to be concentrated in one area, then rather empty in another (compare the right side to the left side...)...adding elements or even different drawing techniques(such as shading,like you did), can make the image appear more balanced.:)

Nice drawing all in all!
:w:

Whatsthepoint
07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
The cresent can never look like that, and you can probably never see the stars so close to the moon, let alone inside it and the light from the beacon lights in the same direction as the moon, which would probably make it less visible for the painter. And most importantly, it's too light for a night picture.
The door knob is too high.
The boat is not detailed and shaded. It's nice though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.