/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Usergroups

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 10:44 AM
I've noticed you've changed the look of it a little in the UserCP, its almost like Ummah now. So do we have the option of having our username pink yet or not? :p coz I really wanna be pink. Its simple to do it, promise. U shud try it insha'Allah. And when you go on pplz profiles the word sisters is written in pink and it wasnt before. I'm so sad for noticing that :D

On another note, what do I do to make the admins and mds different colours on a VB board? Like how do I do it. Ima copy LI colours insha'Allah or maybe have SuperMods as purple :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Not all girls are girly enough to agree to that color :ermm: You mean to say you
I not girly, I just like pink. LoL but for real, u have to option, you can choose to associate yourself with the default usergroup or the private one i.e. sisters. So you can choose to stay green or pink. And for bro's I think it's purple ;D

You mean you know how to change it? But don't know how to change it for SMs/Admins? :confused:
I dont know how to change it, but it cant be that hard, can it?

So, could you tell me how its done for Admins etc please coz the root admins user CP I find very difficult to navigate.

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Aha I get you. Where's that set? :ermm:
AdminCP -- Usergroups -- Usergroup manager --- edit that particular usergroup.
Set the 4th field there, named "Username HTML Markup"
Specify the opening and closing tags:
Opening: <b><font style="color:red;">
Closing: </font></b>
Nahi ma'loom. I know what should be done but not how to do it. The epitome of genius :D

Ah, ok jazakAllah khayr akhee. Ima try that now. Ima ask sajid how to do the other thing insha'Allah but bro Rashad shud know too. Since I'm assuming he changed the setting already. Unless it was like that all along

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Done. My name is pink.

I'm a happy fish now and I'm also very stressed at this moment in time so please dont be mean and change it back. Thank you very much :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I changed that. But couldn't overwrite the primary usergroup settings :ermm:
U cant overwrite them, unless you mean you wanted to add the option of associating with another group...and it looks like you've done just that. Alhamdulillah.

If I rep you can you leave it as is it, please? :D

aadil77
07-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I think we should keep it how it was, I never liked the different colours at ummah too much fitna goin on there

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Is this pink going to be for all sisters now? And blue for brothers?
the sisters can choose to associate themselves with the sisters usergroup if they like...much like ummah forum, some sisters are pink and some arent....they can choose. I think on LI bro's will be purple coz blue is taken by mods

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I think we should keep it how it was, I never liked the different colours at ummah too much fitna goin on there
Its a colour. Insha'Allah there'll be no fitnah. Do you lower your gaze when you see a rainbow?

aadil77
07-02-2009, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
Its a colour. Insha'Allah there'll be no fitnah. Do you lower your gaze when you see a rainbow?
yh I do and I say astagfirullah, lets keep it how it was no girly wirly stuff needed you can set your gender for that

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Hmm. I don't like the idea of choosing to be a colour. Either all pink or all green.

Many differnet colours are likely to cause confusion to new members.

I know when I joined ummah, I thought all coloured members were mods. :><:
Thats what the FAQ's are for.

Khayr, you're a mod. I guess you has the power to reverse it

yh I do and I say astagfirullah, lets keep it how it was no girly wirly stuff needed you can set your gender for that
Mmhmm....true we can set our genders for that. But its only a diff colour for crying out loud. What alphi is saying is understandable. But pffft

aadil77
Many differnet colours are likely to cause confusion to new members.

I know when I joined ummah, I thought all coloured members were mods. :><:
yep that got pretty annoying

Güven
Noooooo Change it back , the blue looks hideous.

Green title with Blue names = FAIL.

- IqRa -
InshaAllah it is better if all members aer in green. It is really confusing, personally, when there are too many colours. InshaAllah the mods will take this into consideration, and think for the betterment of this forum.

Assalamu Alaikum

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Noooooo Change it back , the blue looks hideous.

Green title with Blue names = FAIL.
Hmm? Where do you see blue? Its pink. Bro's are purple.

Green title with blue names? Hmm?

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Silver Pearl. See its not only me who likes it :statisfie

Nájlá
07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
Hmm? Where do you see blue? Its pink. Bro's are purple.
the bro's were blue a minute ago but its been changed again so there green again...

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luloah
the bro's were blue a minute ago but its been changed again so there green again...
Ahh ok I get it. I think bro zAk is having a play around with the settings.

Does pink look amazing or does it look amazing? :statisfie

- IqRa -
07-02-2009, 11:49 AM
We should have a choice whether we want to change colour or not. Not all brothers would like to be blue and not all sisters would like to be green. Personally, keep it as it was before.

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
We should have a choice whether we want to change colour or not. Not all brothers would like to be blue and not all sisters would like to be green. Personally, keep it as it was before.
You have a choice sis. User CP >> Group memberships and choose what group you wanna be associated with. At the end of the day, I'm just making a big deal over being pink because I'm a fish. Its only a colour and people shudnt get too worked up over it. I've had my 2 seconds of fishiness. If its such a big deal for ppl it shud be changed back insha'Allah.

No offence, am just saying.

aadil77
07-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I think its time for a public poll, most votes in a day wins :thumbs_up

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I think its time for a public poll, most votes in a day wins :thumbs_up
Good idea. I bet all the ones who hate pink visit the forum today <_<

Silver Pearl
07-02-2009, 11:54 AM
:wasalamex

Perhaps tomorrow, the Pinks with take over. You've heard it from me first!...I guess not...

zAk you should be sacked! [It rhymes O_O].

- IqRa -
07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
You can't change the colour in this forum like you can in others, from your User CP.

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:59 AM
he undid it, darn it!

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
It was an interesting game I see :D I enjoyed it :P Well atleast I figured how to change it and all. Thanks fishy. It was just a test. Let's see how your poll goes...
Lol. Alhamdulillah. If the poll is in my favour will something be done insha'Allah? Also, could you share how its done? Because the same way we have an option, there's an option for mods too, they dont have to show that they're mod and they can disassociate themselves with that group and appear as normal members also. I'm not saying we should do that but I want to know just for my own info.

Yanal
07-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Which forum sister?

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Which forum sister?
Nothing that would be of much interest, lol an Islamic one but one probably relevant for those living in a certain part of teh country.

I has a problem, got about 5 people registering every minute, all spammers ...but I've set it so that accounts have to be approved so its all good. But it makes the online list look messy <_< when you join LI you have that verification string thingy so you dont get no bots, isnt there anything else you can do to stop idiotic people signing up with idiotic names?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-02-2009, 10:48 PM
How come I don't see the different colors :confused:

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik
How come I don't see the different colors :confused:
Sorry? U mean the one to be associated with diff grps? zAk disabled it and didnt share how to do it <_< need to know that though insha'Allah. It was under group memberships before. All that is left now is my pretty little screenshot with my pink name.

Re.TiReD
07-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Aha I get you. Where's that set? :ermm:
AdminCP -- Usergroups -- Usergroup manager --- edit that particular usergroup.
Set the 4th field there, named "Username HTML Markup"
Specify the opening and closing tags:
Opening: <b><font style="color:red;">
Closing: </font></b>
I made the admins magenta just to annoy the others ;D haha

I hate people who abuse their powers :statisfie

Re.TiReD
07-03-2009, 12:08 PM
What are YOU then? Not an Admin? :confused:I thot I told u already :confused: Specify the colors as I said before and set the option to be able to override the primary usergroup HTML markup.
I'm not an admin, which is hysterical since I have access to both admins accounts. One of the admins has gone AWOL and the other one doesnt know how to work the forum yet.

Hey, I have a key I have to use in the JavaScript code that is served to the users, whats that in English? :-[

Re.TiReD
07-03-2009, 01:58 PM
How do I delete loadsa users real quick without going to the prune option, I not gonna prune coz it doesnt give the option of deleting by username, in other words I want like a list to come up with all the members usernames and then to be able to check a box next to their name and delete the user. But I doubt its guna be that simple :exhausted

Re.TiReD
07-03-2009, 02:00 PM
This is mega mega frustrating.

Ima so scream

Re.TiReD
07-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Why not use the prune option? You will get what you want. You can get to list ALL the members with that and a checkbox besides each :ermm:
No checkboxes....quite sure :?

Re.TiReD
07-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Does LI use http://recaptcha.net/ by any chance?

Re.TiReD
07-03-2009, 07:59 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...8-vb-fish.html http://www.islamicboard.com/technica...min-now-_.html

can these two threads be merged with this one insha'Allah?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!