/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Story from Afghanistan

sister herb
07-04-2009, 05:10 AM
A westerner visiting Afghanistan for the first time in 2000 saw that the women always walked about five paces behind their men.

Eight years later she made a second visit and was surprised to see nothing has changed..the women still walk about five paces behind their husbands. She was curious why in spite of the liberation of Afghan women they are still subservient to the men.

Unable to contain her curiosity any longer, she asked one of the women: "Why do you walk behind your husband?"

With a pitiful look at the westerner, the Afghan woman replied:

"LANDMINES!"

Moral of the story: In front of every Muslim woman is a Muslim man ready to protect and die for her."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
07-04-2009, 05:26 AM
Good message. Don't know if that's the reality in Afghanistan but good story nonetheless.

Ali_008
07-04-2009, 05:29 AM
:sl:
Subhanallah. Allahuakbar
Absolutely beautiful though it contained the landmines.

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women"
Surah An-Nisa : 34

Jazakallah Khair.
:w:

afzalaung
07-04-2009, 07:15 AM
mashaALlah...good story!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
07-04-2009, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Good message. Don't know if that's the reality in Afghanistan but good story nonetheless.

It is not need to be reality in Afghanistan but if you treat muslim woman like that...

:statisfie

I know family from Afghanistan; male relatives sended mom and all daughters to safe country as refugees; hers husband and sons are still somewhere in refugee camp in Afghanistan. :exhausted International Red Cross are still looking them.

May Allah keep them safe and put this family together one day.

ardianto
07-06-2009, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
A westerner visiting Afghanistan for the first time in 2000 saw that the women always walked about five paces behind their men.

Eight years later she made a second visit and was surprised to see nothing has changed..the women still walk about five paces behind their husbands. She was curious why in spite of the liberation of Afghan women they are still subservient to the men.

Unable to contain her curiosity any longer, she asked one of the women: "Why do you walk behind your husband?"

With a pitiful look at the westerner, the Afghan woman replied:

"LANDMINES!"

Moral of the story: In front of every Muslim woman is a Muslim man ready to protect and die for her."
Any Kuwaiti here ? I am really sorry, but this is a true story that inspiring the story from Afghanistan.

American journalist Barbara Walters filed a report on gender roles in Kuwait few years prior to first Gulf War. She noted then that, in traditional Islamic fashion, women customarily walked about a few paces behind their husbands. Recently, Walters returned to Kuwait and observed that the men now walked a few paces behind their wives. She approached one of the Kuwaiti women for an explanation.
"This is marvelous" Barbara Walters said "What enabled women here to achieve this reversal of roles ?".
The Kuwaiti woman replied "Land Mines".

sister herb
07-07-2009, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Any Kuwaiti here ? I am really sorry, but this is a true story that inspiring the story from Afghanistan.

American journalist Barbara Walters filed a report on gender roles in Kuwait few years prior to first Gulf War. She noted then that, in traditional Islamic fashion, women customarily walked about a few paces behind their husbands. Recently, Walters returned to Kuwait and observed that the men now walked a few paces behind their wives. She approached one of the Kuwaiti women for an explanation.
"This is marvelous" Barbara Walters said "What enabled women here to achieve this reversal of roles ?".
The Kuwaiti woman replied "Land Mines".

Yes I have heard this version before - its meaning seems to prove to westerners how bad religion islam really is for women.

:exhausted

So forgive me but thats why I like Afghan version more.

Yanal
07-07-2009, 06:48 AM
I agree that the moral is good but analogy is a bit weak causing it to be a bit confusing but it has a message that was meant to be understood and was understood so jazakAllah Khayr for sharing.

ardianto
07-07-2009, 07:32 AM
The Barbara Walters version story is taken from my 556 pages jokes book. There are many jokes in many sections in this book including some jokes about famous persons such as Bush, Clinton, Mandela or another. But I took that story from 'Believe it or not section', special section for true stories. I like this book because there is no jokes that insulting Islam in this book.

Of course, that Kuwaiti husband was not represent Islam or even represent of Kuwaiti. There are many husbands who treat their wives like a slave. And husbands like those are not only in Muslim community, but in every religion, and in many countries not only in Kuwait.

I'm really sorry if I make you sorry, sister Harb. I like your story.
And I'm agree a man must protect woman. Whoever is he, whatever his religion.

I'm waiting for your next funny story, sister. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.