/* */

PDA

View Full Version : TREASURE OF TIME SUMMER CONFERENCE (Peace T.V and Islam channel speakers attending)

Salahudeen
07-04-2009, 02:32 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
07-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Thread Approved!

Excellent thread!

Salahudeen
07-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Treasures Of Time

Friday 31st July to Sunday 2nd August 2009

SPEAKERS :

Dr Bilal Phillips (Qatar),

Salim Al-Amry (UAE),

Assim Al-Hakim (Saudi Arabia),

Yahya Ibrahim (Australia),

Said Rageah (Canada),

Abu Tawbah (The Bronx, USA),

Abu Usamah (USA)

All the above can be seen on Islam Channel and Peace TV. This time you get to see them ALL in the same venue.

A conference based around a critical factor to everyones life; TIME!

How many times have you thought - Tomorrow 'Inshallah' or 'if only I had another 5 minutes'!? This conference will bring a new twist to understanding this topic delivered by lecturers from around the world!

Green Lane Masjid, Small Heath, Birmingham B9 5DB

The Big Debate: a live debate between 2 speakers on some hot topics!

'Interview the Speaker': Live interviews of the speakers with questions you never thought of asking!

**Keep your eyes peeled for the promotional video**

Organiser: Green Lane Masjid

Adnan Khan - Event Manager

For more information please contact:

Email: dawah@greenlanemasjid.org

Phone: 0121 713 0080

Green Lane Masjids BIGGEST EVER EVENT!!

FREE ADMISSION, ALL WELCOME!

http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/

Salahudeen
07-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Well well who's coming to this then? inshallah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
07-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Why cant these things be in CANADA? :grumbling

Salahudeen
07-04-2009, 07:21 PM
aah akhi you can listen online it's easy to do so, also I know Al Kauther institute hold events in Canada but you have to pay for them I'm afraid. This 1s free :)

I'm really upset I got a nose operation on July 21st to unblock my sinuses and it's likely I won't recover in time for this. :(

Yanal
07-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok but where can I listen to it online insh'allah?

Salahudeen
07-04-2009, 07:31 PM
on the day of the talk go to these links

www.greenlanemasjid.org/tv

www.greenlanemasjid.org/radio

It also says on the treasure of time poster that you can watch and listen online via those links.

liya
07-04-2009, 10:03 PM
ITS SOUNDS GREAT MASALLAH ... wich can go to uk soon isa ^_^

Al-Hanbali
07-05-2009, 07:49 PM
MashaAllaah Abu Taubah coming to the UK !!

Uthman
07-05-2009, 07:55 PM
JazakAllahu Khayran for sharing. I can't wait! :D

Fardosa
07-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Wauw that is awesome, I can't wait! Jazakallah Khayran for the thread. And May Allah (swt) heal you so that you can attend the conference Insha'Allah.
Salaam alaikum.

aadil77
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
oh man I need pass my driving test asap

Salahudeen
07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fardosa
Wauw that is awesome, I can't wait! Jazakallah Khayran for the thread. And May Allah (swt) heal you so that you can attend the conference Insha'Allah.
Salaam alaikum.

ameen, I'm so imsad about this I really wanted to go to this, it's going to be their biggest ever conference/event inshallah. And I can't postpone the operation cos I've postponed it 2 times already :(

I'll have to listen online but it's not the same as being there with the brothers, the atmosphere is sooo nice :(

also spread the word people tell every 1 you know bout this conference :D

Salahudeen
07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
oh man I need pass my driving test asap
Come down on train bro, or ask around your masjid if any brothers are coming down and hitch a ride with them there must be some brothers from leicester coming down just jump in the boot of their car :D

Fardosa
07-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I'll have to listen online but it's not the same as being there with the brothers, the atmosphere is sooo nice :(

also spread the word people tell every 1 you know bout this conference :D[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean but you can't do nothing about it than. May Allah reward you for you intention Insha'Allah.
And yeah I just mailed all of my sisters and hope Insha'Allah they will attend it.
Salaam alaikum

Fardosa
07-05-2009, 09:09 PM

also spread the word people tell every 1 you know bout this conference :D[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean but you can't do nothing about it than. May Allah reward you for you intention Insha'Allah.
And yeah I just mailed all of my sisters and hope Insha'Allah they will attend it.
Salaam alaikum

Fardosa
07-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Ooops sorry duplicated the message by accident

Salahudeen
07-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Great!! tell them to drag their brothers and fathers along with them.

Yanal
07-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Who is coming for sure? At an Islamic event here 180 people registered and sadly only 100 showed up. We would not want that happening here,right? I say take a taxi for faster transportation because bus/trains may get delayed or even delay you.

M.B
07-06-2009, 11:27 AM
:sl:

i think its free because the conference is gonna be held in the masjid. Inshallah i'm gonna try to come although i live in leicester and inshallah i have not got mosque exams on this days ameen. :D

:w:

Salahudeen
07-07-2009, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.B

i think its free because the conference is gonna be held in the masjid. Inshallah i'm gonna try to come although i live in leicester and inshallah i have not got mosque exams on this days ameen. :D

Yes it is free are you a brother? if so another brother from leciester wants to come down too but has no transportation :X

Yanal
07-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Maybe the programmers can rent a bus or something...for those brothers..preferbally a double Dutch one so the sisters can have the top one that is air conditioned;) insh'Allah.

M.B
07-08-2009, 11:55 AM

Brother squiggle is the train station near the masjid or is it quite far also could please give me the name of the road of the masjid inshallah.

Salahudeen
07-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Brother squiggle is the train station near the masjid or is it quite far also could please give me the name of the road of the masjid inshallah.

It's 2 miles if you catch a train to Birmingham city centre and then catch a taxi there.

But you could also catch a train to birmingham city centre then get another train to Small Heath station and then it's a 15 minute walk.

If I was able to go I would meet you when you got off the train and show you the way but I'll be recovering from operation.

Brother check out this link it has instructions on how to get there

http://greenlanemasjid.org/visiting_us.aspx#

The masjid is on a road called "Green Lane" which is off Coventry road in Small Heath.

Small Heath is a well known area amongst asians and Coventry road so if you came down and got lost you could ask some 1.

M.B
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM

Jazakallah Brother may allah make ur recover very well ameen and quick.

M.B
07-09-2009, 11:57 AM

Brother squiggle i wanted to ask u wat does CHAI CHAT mean.????

Salahudeen
07-10-2009, 12:45 AM
"cup of tea and chat" I think

Salahudeen
07-11-2009, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7oUQojNdZI

trailer for the conference

Rabi'ya
07-14-2009, 08:46 PM
subhanAllah excelletn event. wish i lived in london.

M.B
07-14-2009, 11:05 PM

Sister wat do u mean by i wish i lived in london the conference is in birmingham??

Ar-RaYYan
07-18-2009, 08:34 PM
I got an email today from Greenlane masjid stating that sheikh Abdurrahman Sudais has agreed to attend the event!!
wow its going to be three pretty awesome days! :statisfie cant wait!

here is the email:

HOW DO YOU GET 7 FAMOUS ISLAMIC MEN FROM AROUND THE WORLD IN ONE PLACE?

HOW DO YOU GET KNOWLEDGE FROM AROUND THE WORLD FOR YOU TO TASTE?

HOW DO YOU GET MORE THAN 3500 PEOPLE IN ONE PLACE WITH NO DIVISION OF RACE?

HOW DO YOU GET TO WATCH THESE PEOPLE LIVE FACE-TO-FACE?

HOW DO YOU GET ALL THE ABOVE AND HAVE A FAMILY DAY OUT IN ONE PLACE?

***GUEST APPEARANCE - THE IMAM FROM AL-HARAM, MAKKAH;
SHEIKH SUDAIS
HAS AGREED TO ATTEND THE EVENT!!! SPREAD THE WORD!***

M.B
07-18-2009, 11:25 PM

brother squiggle are people allowed to sleep inside the actually masjid?

Salahudeen
07-19-2009, 01:53 AM
YES SHEIKH SUDAIS IS COMING :O

Yes bro M.B they normally let people sleep in the masjid so bring a sleeping bag :) there's a hotel 5 mins away also that only costs £20 or something. I can show you if I recover from operation.

M.B
07-19-2009, 03:10 AM

Brother do u know when sheikh sudais is coming is he coming on friday to do the khutbah or coming for the whole 3 day conference ??? please inform me if he is gonna be coming ofr all three days or only one day and also which day??

Salahudeen
07-19-2009, 03:20 AM

Brother do u know when sheikh sudais is coming is he coming on friday to do the khutbah or coming for the whole 3 day conference ??? please inform me if he is gonna be coming ofr all three days or only one day and also which day??

I'm not sure which day he's coming, he's going to make an appearance in 1 of the 3 days I think but they haven't said which day.

Sizzlerjimer
07-19-2009, 10:19 AM
as salam u alikum wa rehamtulahi wa berkathu

i want to come as well but which day is sheikh sudais coming.Brother sqiuggle use ur ''CONTACTS'' in the mosque to find out for us lol.I am going to come from london you see so i need to know which day he is going to be there.

Barak ALLAH fee

M.B
07-19-2009, 04:18 PM

I think he is going to do jummah khutbah you know.

Sizzlerjimer
07-19-2009, 09:54 PM
asalam u alikum wa rehamtulahi wa berkathu

How authntic is that information? the only reason I ask is because it seemed difficult for Sh. Sudais to be able to get a visa following the nonsensical media on panorama some years ago.He is on the UK visa restriction list.

Ar-RaYYan
07-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Sheikh sudais is on the UK visa restriction list? i didnt know that

how authentic is the information? well akhi the email i received wasn't forwarded to me but i directly receieved from Greenlane masjid. If you want a confirmation speak to the masjid inshallah

M.B
07-19-2009, 11:09 PM

I think brother ur getting confused i think sheikh sudais is not allowed to enter USA he is allowed to come to the UK.

Salahudeen
07-19-2009, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OxygenHacker

i want to come as well but which day is sheikh sudais coming.Brother sqiuggle use ur ''CONTACTS'' in the mosque to find out for us lol.I am going to come from london you see so i need to know which day he is going to be there.

Barak ALLAH fee
lol I'll try to find out for you, but it's likely they're not gonna tell because they want people to attend all 3 days in anticipation of the shake. Why don't you come down and spend the weekend in the masjid or hotel that's 5 mins away from masjid. make a trip of it and spend the weekend here :)

Sizzlerjimer
07-20-2009, 11:13 AM

I am trying to find out that if he is on the UK visa restriction list but as far as i know that he is because of a programm in panoramma some year ago but i will update if i get any information.

brother i will LUBBBBBB to stay in birmingham for the WHOLEEEE weekend but i cant as i will be insALLAH doing a shariah dawrah course with tayibun institute and if i come to bham on sunday i wont be able to get back to london on time for classes on monday,that is because on sundays london's transport system takes a rest well half of it anyways. Staying aint a problem for me i have close relatives living in bham so i will stay there insALLAH will go to desi khana on ladypool road i havent been there in ages insALLAH.

if you get any updates please let us know.

JAZAK ALLAH

M.B
07-20-2009, 08:50 PM

brother squiggle i wanted to know how much capacity is the masjid and up to how many people can the mosque hold.

(the mosque is gonna be extremely packed must come really early)

Salahudeen
07-21-2009, 01:40 AM
The Masjid has separate prayer halls for both men and women. The men’s prayer hall has a capacity of 1500 people and the women’s hall has a capacity of 300 people. At busy times the old Mosque and the Community Hall are also opened up and can accommodate a further 1500 people.

By the way brother oxygen desi khanna is on Stratford road lol.

Sizzlerjimer
07-21-2009, 12:33 PM

i still havent had any confirmation regarding sheikh sudais that if he is on the list.Brother thanks for the information regarding the capacity in the mosque.I probably will have to make it very early.Did you try to find out which day Sheikh sahib is coming.

oh acha stratford road well i think if i will find desi khana even if it was in ''Timbaktu'' lol

Jazak Allah

M.B
07-21-2009, 02:13 PM

Whos sheikh sahib??

Salahudeen
07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
aslaamu alaykum wr wb brothers and sisters, I just got this message on facebook from green lane masjid.

"Salaam

I have been bombarded with messages about when Sheikh Sudais will be at Green Lane.

He will Inshallah be here for the Treasures of Time Conference, Please see the events page on the Green Lane Masjid group for more info.

Jazakallah Khair

M.B
07-21-2009, 08:44 PM

brother squiggle it does not say anything on the website all it says is that sheikh sudais will be attending.

Sizzlerjimer
07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
asalam u alikum wa rehamtualhi wa berkathu

if you read my blog regarding bbc and islamic values you will find why sheikh sudais might be banned but nevermind i will still be in birmingham on firday and if he doesnt come firday then saturday insALLAH.

Salahudeen
07-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Good news I had my operation yesterday and alhamdulilah, I am not that bad just nose is all blocked with blood should clear up by July 31st. :)

how do I get onto your blog oxygen hacker?

I know bro M.B they don't wanna give the exact day and time cos they want people to attend as much as possible not just turn up when sheikh sudais comes and then leave when he goes.

Sizzlerjimer
07-23-2009, 09:16 PM

subhanALLAH that your operation went well hope to see you at the conference then???hope you get well very soon brother

oh i dnt have a blog what i mean was my other thread called BBC panaorama against Saudis and Islamic Values in General

i personally think he will come on firday and deliver the khutbah.

Jazak ALLAH

Fardosa
07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Salaam aleykum,

Yeah I have been informed that apparently Adnan Khan the event manager has confirmed that Sh. Sudais is InshaAllah going to attend the conference but I'm not sure. I hope he does attend the conference and inshaAllah leads the Juma'ah prayer hopefully.

Sizzlerjimer
07-23-2009, 10:01 PM

sister this manager adnan khan tell him mate listen yea there are people coming for london for Sheikh Sudais so come on give us a clue if he doesnt listen offer him some pakistani ''CHONSA'' mangoes lol.

can any one please tell me that what time are the friday prayers in the mosque as it doesnt say on the website also it says on there website that Sheikh Sudais has confirmed the attendance ALLAH O AKBAR i cant wait now he is my allllllll time favourite sheikh.

ps has shabaan starterd??

Jazak ALLAH

Fardosa
07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah there have been many complaints by people one of which was that which you poinyed out : That they should be more specifically because many people will be travelling from far distances etc. But I don't know what the manager's answer was upon those questions or rather 'complaints'. And about usual time of the friday prayers in the mosque, I don't know it of the top of my head but I can Insha'Allah find out about it.

M.B
07-23-2009, 11:27 PM

I totally agree with u brother they should tell us when sheikh sudais is coming but on a other hand the whole conference has changed in being sudias conference;D instead of treasure of time.

Salahudeen
07-24-2009, 12:24 AM

subhanALLAH that your operation went well hope to see you at the conference then???hope you get well very soon brother

oh i dnt have a blog what i mean was my other thread called BBC panaorama against Saudis and Islamic Values in General

i personally think he will come on firday and deliver the khutbah.

Jazak ALLAH

Yes you will see me inshallah :D who are you coming down with?? if anybody needs help with directions ask me.

it'd be good if all the brothers from LI forum met up at the conference lol but there's gonna be so many people it's gonna be hard to know who's who.

M.B
07-24-2009, 10:52 AM

I think i'll have to come extremely early on every day starting from friday inshallah. I remember when sheikh adil al kalbani arrived i wanted to ask was it really packed then?? if it was packed then wat do u think will happen if sheikh sudais is coming. subahannallah.

Salahudeen
07-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Bro M.B who are you coming with?? by yourself or with friends?

By the way, Jummah khutba begins at 1:30 and the prayer is read at 2.

yes it was packed when sheikh adil al kabani came but the masjid was not full to the max however. When the sheikh tried leaving all the people surrounded him trying to shake his hand and give him salaam. he looked worried when all the people came rushing to him.

M.B
07-24-2009, 02:34 PM

brother i'm coming with my big brothet and freinds inshallah.

Salahudeen
07-24-2009, 02:46 PM
alhamdulilah, that's great. There's lots of eating places near the masjid also that you can try out :) cheap also.

oh brother I think you do have to register your place for overnight stay in the masjid.

They need to know how many people are planning to stay over night so that they can make sure there's enough room for every one.

I just saw this now lol

"Accomodation in the masjid can be facilitated. please email dawah@greenlanemasjid.org to register your overnight attendance".

Just email them and tell them you plan to stay in the masjid and how many people will be staying with you.

Sizzlerjimer
07-24-2009, 03:48 PM

brother squiggle i will be the one with the beard :hmm:;D

yeaa there are places close by namingly DESI KHANA brother mb make sure u go there its awesmly wkd MASALLAH.

yes brothers should meet up and have a mango party.

i have this feeling that Sheikh Sudais is going to end the conference on sunday, i myt not be able to attend sunday imsadimsad as i will need to come back to london because i am doing the dawrah shariah course with tayyibun institute.

Jazak ALLAH

Salahudeen
07-24-2009, 06:11 PM

brother squiggle i will be the one with the beard :hmm:;D
Walaykum aslaam wr wb, lol that really narrows it down brother lol mashallah the majority of people who go Green Lane have beards lol even the youth. It's not like other masjid's where just the old men have beards. lol

Yeah he might come on Sunday that's what I think too cause they want people to attend all 3 days in anticipation of the sheikh.

Sizzlerjimer
07-24-2009, 10:14 PM

brother i allready bookeed my train tkt i got it cheap because i booked it in advance i got it for £12.50 usually its £18 for offpeak travel and £27 for peak and £48 for super peak. I be there insALLAH on friday and saturday.
Do you know the timings of the conference what time does it start on friday and saturday and what time they open the doors and close them.

Jazak ALLAH

Tony
07-24-2009, 10:22 PM

brother i allready bookeed my train tkt i got it cheap because i booked it in advance i got it for £12.50 usually its £18 for offpeak travel and £27 for peak and £48 for super peak. I be there insALLAH on friday and saturday.
Do you know the timings of the conference what time does it start on friday and saturday and what time they open the doors and close them.

Jazak ALLAH
wow u get emaan boost at knock down price, thats cool:D

M.B
07-24-2009, 11:19 PM

Inshallah i was thinking of going with train but alhamdulliah i found a mini bus to take our group inshallah this conference will be perfect.

Salahudeen
07-25-2009, 06:01 AM

Jazak ALLAH
Walaykum aslaam wr wb, on Friday it starts at 7:30 in the evening and lasts to Isha. You may as well come for Jummah on friday which begins at 1:30 till 2:15.

I'm not sure what time the masjid doors open, I assume it must be early because it's day of Jummah so the doors will probably be open around 10-11 am. You've got lots of relatives in Birmingham haven't you? if you got bored after jummah waiting for the conference to begin you could go see them ;D

Also brother on the first page of this thread is an itenary for the conference showing the times of alll the talks :)

or you could go here to this link to see the time of all the talks http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/head_banner.aspx

Salahudeen
07-25-2009, 06:03 AM

Inshallah i was thinking of going with train but alhamdulliah i found a mini bus to take our group inshallah this conference will be perfect.

that's cool what time will you be arriving on friday? Did you remember to email them for overnight stay?

M.B
07-25-2009, 11:54 AM

brother squiggle inhsallah we will be leaving at 9am in the morning so inshallah we will be arriving arond around 10 o'clock inshallah i want to be for jummah and then for every single talk;D inshallah if Allah makes it possible for me.

Sizzlerjimer
07-25-2009, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Walaykum aslaam wr wb, on Friday it starts at 7:30 in the evening and lasts to Isha. You may as well come for Jummah on friday which begins at 1:30 till 2:15.

I'm not sure what time the masjid doors open, I assume it must be early because it's day of Jummah so the doors will probably be open around 10-11 am. You've got lots of relatives in Birmingham haven't you? if you got bored after jummah waiting for the conference to begin you could go see them ;D

Also brother on the first page of this thread is an itenary for the conference showing the times of alll the talks :)

or you could go here to this link to see the time of all the talks http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/head_banner.aspx

noooooooo way are you serious that the real conference starts at 7.30 omg i thought it started after jummah that aint good coz i was gna get my family to drop me off at jummah and then go back to where i livearound 7 8ish.my family is not actually inside bham outskirts of bham no no not wolverhampton PHLEASEEEE lol.Now i will have to spend money on train tkt to bham arghhhh.What about saturday the same time??

Brother MB thats very goood ALLAHAMDULIALLAH you got it sorted for jummah there is going to be a rush so i will insALLAH get there by 11 11.30.

Brother squggle u said u live close to the mosque so you wont have to come that early.btw how is your nose is it still blocked??May ALLAH make it easy for you.

Jazak ALLAH

M.B
07-25-2009, 12:58 PM

Exactly brother oxygenhacker good timing 11o'clock issh brother i think me and u have to come early as everyone will be thinking that sheikh sudais will be doing the jummah khutbah just to make sure everyone is gonna come for jummah and its gonna be jam packed.

May i ask brother squiggle did u pray ur jummah in green lane masjid yeatserday if u did did they say any new information about the conference and sheikh sudais??

Sizzlerjimer
07-25-2009, 09:06 PM

brother squiggle let me narrow it down for you a bit more i will be the one with the beard and wearing a white shalwar kameez insALLAH

brother MB are you staying overnight?

Jazak ALLAH

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Hmmm I'm sure there will be more people with a white shalwar kameez. Why dont u hold a board thats says "OxygenHacker?" LOL.

The event sounds fun MashaAllah.

o0o0o I jus realized one for the Bronx in the US? Hmm..

Sizzlerjimer
07-25-2009, 09:17 PM

:laugh::laugh: where is the fun in that erm how about i will be the one with beard wearing white shalwar kameez and a topi and also my phooncay will be above my anckles (did i speel anckles ryt?)

yeahhhhhhh 50posts yipee wohooooo SUBHAN ALLAH.

Salahudeen
07-25-2009, 11:51 PM

noooooooo way are you serious that the real conference starts at 7.30 omg i thought it started after jummah that aint good coz i was gna get my family to drop me off at jummah and then go back to where i livearound 7 8ish.my family is not actually inside bham outskirts of bham no no not wolverhampton PHLEASEEEE lol.Now i will have to spend money on train tkt to bham arghhhh.What about saturday the same time??

Brother MB thats very goood ALLAHAMDULIALLAH you got it sorted for jummah there is going to be a rush so i will insALLAH get there by 11 11.30.

Brother squggle u said u live close to the mosque so you wont have to come that early.btw how is your nose is it still blocked??May ALLAH make it easy for you.

Jazak ALLAH
on Saturday it starts at 12 till isha and the same for Sunday. hmm if you come for jummah on friday what are you gonna do for all that time till the conference begins. Because jummah finishes at 2 and the conference is in the evening.

Also are you going to catch the train back home in the evening on Friday?? why don't you just stay the night because the conference will begin early the next day at 12 till isha. So there's no point going back home.

my nose is still blocked with blood and hurts when I touch it imsad

I didn't go jummah brother M.B cos of operation, they said I can't go out for two weeks. The good thing is blood has stopped dripping from my nose. Now it's just blocked up.

Salahudeen
07-25-2009, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Hmmm I'm sure there will be more people with a white shalwar kameez. Why dont u hold a board thats says "OxygenHacker?" LOL.

The event sounds fun MashaAllah.

o0o0o I jus realized one for the Bronx in the US? Hmm..
what you mean one for the bronx in the US??? one of the speakers at the conference is from the bronx in the USA there's not an actuall talk in the USA.

Brother M.B is gonna stay overnight :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Ohhhhh man and i got excited :raging:

M.B
07-26-2009, 10:34 AM

ohhh ok inshallah it will get better. btw why did u have a operation??.

Brother oxygenhacker inshalllah if Allah wills i intend to stay overnight for all days. Its a event i canr miss inshallah.

Sizzlerjimer
07-26-2009, 11:55 AM
on Saturday it starts at 12 till isha and the same for Sunday. hmm if you come for jummah on friday what are you gonna do for all that time till the conference begins. Because jummah finishes at 2 and the conference is in the evening.

Also are you going to catch the train back home in the evening on Friday?? why don't you just stay the night because the conference will begin early the next day at 12 till isha. So there's no point going back home.

my nose is still blocked with blood and hurts when I touch it imsad

I didn't go jummah brother M.B cos of operation, they said I can't go out for two weeks. The good thing is blood has stopped dripping from my nose. Now it's just blocked up.
asalam u alikum wa rehamatulahi wa berkathu

brother squiggle insALLAH sheikh sudais will do jummah and then i will go bk to my relatives house but if that doesnt happen then erm i donot know what i will do after jummah perhaps go desi khana lol.

I am catching the train bk to london on sunday but friday night my mama jee will pick me up it shouldnt be a problem insALLAH we only live like half hour from bham. I dnt know what he is gna say if i tell him i am gna stay at the mosque he is gna go why why when we are here why stay at the mosque (atleast i hope he does say that lol).If i stay till friday evening that be late night init so i dnt wana give any sort of problems to my family just in case they may say arghhh we have pick him up ufff u getz me?

what time do u think i should get there on saturday as it starts at 12.I am praying that Sheikh SUDAIS comes on friday INSALLAH.

May ALLAH make it easy for you INSALLAH you will get well soon hang in there.

Jazak ALLAH

Salahudeen
07-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Brother on Saturday get there for 11:30, on Friday why don't you stay till 9 or 10, the first talk is going to be a live debate between Abu Usamah and Bilal Philips then there's going to be a live questions and answers session.

I had operation brother M.B cos my nose is always blocked on 1 side, so they unblocked it so now I should be able to breathe through it when I get better.

The first talk is from 7:30 to 8:30 why don't you leave then brother oxygen at 8:30.

M.B
07-26-2009, 05:26 PM
edit

Sizzlerjimer
07-27-2009, 09:25 PM

brothers and sisters i have a news a good news well its not really a news it a GUESS by me may ALLAH make it true AMEEN.

apparently sheikh sudais doesnt know how to speak english so what will he do on saturday and sunday at the conference so i think he will INSALLAH do friday prayer.

again donot quote me on this

Jazak ALLAH

M.B
07-29-2009, 03:00 PM

it has been announced sheikh sudais will be doing jummah khutbah.:D

Fardosa
07-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Salaaam alaikum wr wb
Would like to share this but propably most of you may already now.

***SHEIKH SUDAIS UPDATE***

As you may have already heard Sheikh Sudais, The Imam of Masjid Al-Haram - Makkah, is attending the Treasures of Time Conference which starts this Friday (31/07/09) at 1930hrs.

Below is a list of his activity at Green Lane Masjid, Birmingham;

Friday 31st July

Delivering Jumah Khutbah which will be translated (starts at 130pm)
Delivering an opening speech for the Summer Conference; Treasures of Time (730pm)
Leading Maghrib Prayer (starts at 905pm)

Beblessed
07-29-2009, 09:02 PM
i'll be coming inshAllaah, cant wait

Salahudeen
07-29-2009, 09:05 PM
hey Khadija how you put treasure of time banner in ur name at the bottom??

Beblessed
07-29-2009, 11:20 PM
go to Insert Image, then copy this there http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/dimag...time_anim2.gif on ur signature

I hope it helps :)

Salahudeen
07-30-2009, 02:40 AM
it dont work :SS oh well no point now only 1 day left till conference.

Salahudeen
07-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Just 1 more day left now ;D

Sizzlerjimer
07-30-2009, 08:30 AM
as alam u alikum wa rehamtulahi wa berkathu

brothers and sisters i have a very good news SUBHANALLAH (well for me lol)

i prayed behind shiekh sudaid yday at masjid tawhid in leyton in east london i was in the 5th row alhamdulilALLAH i cant beleive i will pray with the shiekh twice this week subhanALLAH.See i told you bro squiggle he will do jummah khutba

about 2oclock i got a call from my ''contact'' telling me his plans for his tours and the word spread like fire mosque was packed masALLAH.it was amazing recitation masALLAH. ALLAH O AKBAR one of my wishes came tru all praise to ALLAH.I dnt know waht to type ryt nw as i am getting emotional again lol.

make sure u get to the mosque early to green lane mosque coz its going to be busy like it was yday but me and my friend had the camera to make video so we were like the CAMERA CREW lol and we got the first 5 rows alhamduliLALLLAH.He has got soooo much noor on his face subhanALLAH and he smelled very very nice.Guess what this guy tried to do he tried to kiss the table where sheikh sudais was giving a lecture ASTAFIRUALLAH.wat a ignorant.

Shiekh sudais is coming back to london and going to various venues including the east london mosque on tuesday where he is leading magrib salat. insALLAH.

i am sooooo happy ALLAH O AKBAR

Jazak ALLAH Khayrun

M.B
07-30-2009, 12:07 PM

brother oxygenhacker have u got the video ?? i heard the recording that was recorded yesterday during maghrib sheikh sudais read surah hashr and shurah saff right.

bro oxygenhacker u r sooo lucky mashallah that u can see and hear sheikh sudais 2 times if not 3 time cuz his comin bck to london

Salahudeen
07-30-2009, 12:18 PM
hey i wanna listen to recording too where is it

sarajulldin
07-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Salam bro/sisters,

I will be insallah attending the conference, but only for one unfortunally, as I live over 100 miles away, however as said earlier the whole conference is being broadcast live on the webiste, so will hook my laptop to my tv and insallah watch it live

M.B
07-30-2009, 12:47 PM

i believe its live on islam channel and peace tv.
if u have them channels then u can watch it on tv

sarajulldin
07-30-2009, 12:50 PM

i believe its live on islam channel and peace tv.
if u have them channels then u can watch it on tv
salam, this is something im not sure, i have checked the schedule for both channels this weekend and no mention of the conference but will see, i hope the friday prayer is live so I can listen to the khutbah

Beblessed
07-30-2009, 01:04 PM
for those who cant attend u can watch live >> http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/tv/

Salahudeen
07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
lets prey they get the live t.v perfect, in the past they've had hicups with it, like bad sound or keeps pausing every 2 mins.

sarajulldin
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
lets prey they get the live t.v perfect, in the past they've had hicups with it, like bad sound or keeps pausing every 2 mins.
i pray too, i hope thats not the case, if it wasnt for the live availability i would be going for the whole weekend

Salahudeen
07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Well if you can't get picture then audio always work without hiccups. you know how to get audio?

sarajulldin
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
im really thinking about going for the weekend now, i rather be there in person.

ummm......

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-30-2009, 08:52 PM
what time is conference airing?

Sizzlerjimer
07-30-2009, 10:01 PM

brother oxygenhacker have u got the video ?? i heard the recording that was recorded yesterday during maghrib sheikh sudais read surah hashr and shurah saff right.

bro oxygenhacker u r sooo lucky mashallah that u can see and hear sheikh sudais 2 times if not 3 time cuz his comin bck to london

asalamu alikum wa rehamatulahi wa berkathu

all praise to ALLAH brother i am just his slave and he had written this for me ALLAH O AKBAR

my friend just needs to edit the video then i will give it to you and also to you brother squiggle.Yea he read the surahs u mentioned u can hear the recording at haramainrecordings.com Surah Al Hashr 18-24 and As Saff 10-14 it was amazing MASALLAH.

INSALLAH i will pray with him on tuesday as well when he comes to east london mosque on tuesday insALLAH i thank ALLAH that he has made this possible for me SUBHAN ALLAH

NOTEEE

I DONOT LIVE IN EAST LONDON

lol i had to put this in there coz u knw east london is a wkd muslim area but its ............:hmm: :hiding::hiding:

Salahudeen
07-31-2009, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
what time is conference airing?
look at the first page of this thread, it says on the first 2 images. it's uk time though convert it to yankee time ;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-31-2009, 05:34 PM
oooooooooookie u noob :D ty

aadil77
07-31-2009, 08:48 PM
ye ye its on right now

its all in arabic

sarajulldin
08-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Salam,

Listened to the lecture which was very nice, also had a chance to meet the imam of Masjid Aqsa and listen to him

Salahudeen
08-01-2009, 09:00 AM
THERE WAS SOOOO MANY PEOPLE THERE :O I NEEDED THE LOO WHILTE WAITING FOR IMAM SUDAIS TO COME AND GIVE JUMMAH KHUTBA BUT DIDNT WANNA GET UP COS PEOPLE WERE NICKING EACH OTHERS SPACES.

in the end i got up and told this big brother who goes gym to watch my place and make sure no 1 sits there while I go renew my wudu ;D

I've never seen that many people at that masjid I think there was like 5,000 they were only expecting around 3,200 one brother told me there was 7-8 thousand.

The masjid was full with people the car park was full with people and I heard people were praying on the street outside the masjid grounds, not sure how authentic that is though.

Looks like the word really spread about this conference ;D well done people :) however we'll see how busy it is today with no sudais. I have a feeling that it won't be as busy because no sudais but we'll see :p

I hope it isn't as busy personally lol cos it was so busy that you couldn't even stretch your legs out infront of you, our move around cos u were completely surrounded by people right up to your back and front and sides. And I felt so hot and bothered cos people all around me cramping you.

what's anoying was the people who came 5 minutes before the jummah khutba was about to begin and they still expect to get a place at the front and try to force themselves in. So irritating. :raging:

I came 3 hours early and only got a place in the middle and they come 5 mins before and try to force their way in at the front :raging:

I have to say the stewards were very fair with regards to this they didn't let any 1 else in at the front once they deemed it to be full there was one man who tried to force his way through and they wouldn't let him past and they were aruging for about 5 mins telling him to go back then eventually he went back.

It would've been unfair if they let him through and everyone would've done as he did then :heated:

Beblessed
08-01-2009, 01:04 PM
THERE WAS SOOOO MANY PEOPLE THERE :O I NEEDED THE LOO WHILTE WAITING FOR IMAM SUDAIS TO COME AND GIVE JUMMAH KHUTBA BUT DIDNT WANNA GET UP COS PEOPLE WERE NICKING EACH OTHERS SPACES.

in the end i got up and told this big brother who goes gym to watch my place and make sure no 1 sits there while I go renew my wudu ;D

I've never seen that many people at that masjid I think there was like 5,000 they were only expecting around 3,200 one brother told me there was 7-8 thousand.

The masjid was full with people the car park was full with people and I heard people were praying on the street outside the masjid grounds, not sure how authentic that is though.

Looks like the word really spread about this conference ;D well done people :) however we'll see how busy it is today with no sudais. I have a feeling that it won't be as busy because no sudais but we'll see :p

I hope it isn't as busy personally lol cos it was so busy that you couldn't even stretch your legs out infront of you, our move around cos u were completely surrounded by people right up to your back and front and sides. And I felt so hot and bothered cos people all around me cramping you.

what's anoying was the people who came 5 minutes before the jummah khutba was about to begin and they still expect to get a place at the front and try to force themselves in. So irritating. :raging:

I came 3 hours early and only got a place in the middle and they come 5 mins before and try to force their way in at the front :raging:

well people came early but they tried to find somewhere to park their cars, cus my frend told me there was no space for parking and morrisons parking was full thats why they ended up comin late and the traffic jams in small heath.

i had no problems my sister lives in small heath so we just walked it but came with car from home.

I have to say the stewards were very fair with regards to this they didn't let any 1 else in at the front once they deemed it to be full there was one man who tried to force his way through and they wouldn't let him past and they were aruging for about 5 mins telling him to go back then eventually he went back.

It would've been unfair if they let him through and everyone would've done as he did then :heated:
It was amazing, it looked like eid day, there were loadsz of people from different cities and countries.
for one min i thought i was in makkah, it reminded me when i was der, sheikh sudeisi's voice was BEAUTIFULL MASHALLAHH!!

Beblessed
08-01-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/tv/

Sizzlerjimer
08-01-2009, 01:12 PM

i was there from london it was truly amazing sister

what is with covnetry road its like niqabi central lol masALLAH realy amazing i really enjoyed coventry road as i havent seen that many sisters with proper islamic dress not even in london.SUBHAN ALLAH

this place on coventry road called karahi king was packed i had doner bruger from there it was very very very gd.

brother squiggle i came around 12.30 i was in the upstairs hall i got place easily but yea ur ryt it did look like it was very very busy.

sister khadija i recorded his recitation it was truly amazinggggg.did you go for magrib salat and his lecture he is brilliant poet listen to his poem when he started his lecture SUBHAN ALLAH.

he is SHEIKH-UL-QALOOB

i cant w8 for him to come to east london now insALLAH.

Jazak ALLAH

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-01-2009, 01:35 PM

Oi wow, I envy all of u that went :p MashaAllah. Sounds awesome.

noorseeker
08-01-2009, 01:45 PM
I went for jumma , my friend left at 12 . i thought it was to early, and left home at 12.30. normally 15 mins it took me half hour.

It was so packed man, i couldnt get in, as nearly jumma prayer was commencing, i decided i need to find another masjid, lol

so i walked by my car, went to the next masjid, on coventry rd, couldnt find a parking space, i accidently found another masjid, lol. so i went inti there,

I went later in evening, it was packed again, people go crazy for the sheikh, standing up ,pushing , everyone rushing forward, video recording him

Mashallah he has a lovely voice, and gave a nice talk as well

Beblessed
08-01-2009, 01:52 PM

i was there from london it was truly amazing sister

what is with covnetry road its like niqabi central lol masALLAH realy amazing i really enjoyed coventry road as i havent seen that many sisters with proper islamic dress not even in london.SUBHAN ALLAH

lol Yeah there are lots of sisters with niqaab and jilbaab mashAllaah.

this place on coventry road called karahi king was packed i had doner bruger from there it was very very very gd.

brother squiggle i came around 12.30 i was in the upstairs hall i got place easily but yea ur ryt it did look like it was very very busy.

sister khadija i recorded his recitation it was truly amazinggggg.did you go for magrib salat and his lecture he is brilliant poet listen to his poem when he started his lecture SUBHAN ALLAH.

he is SHEIKH-UL-QALOOB

i cant w8 for him to come to east london now insALLAH.

Jazak ALLAH
yea same here i recorded it on my phone. I was there for magrib salaat, which poet i think i missed that one.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Is it really necessary for people to go that nuts? I mean really, let em breathe :p lol

Sizzlerjimer
08-01-2009, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija
yea same here i recorded it on my phone. I was there for magrib salaat, which poet i think i missed that one.
sister when he started the conference his lecture started at 7.30 or i dnt knw the time actualy but he started the conference

wat time did u go for magrib salaat.

Jazak ALLAH

$tranger
08-01-2009, 06:53 PM
:( no Abu Taubah

Sizzlerjimer
08-01-2009, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahm@d
asalam u alikum wa rehmatulahi wa berkathu

wat is abu taubah???

Salahudeen
08-01-2009, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahm@d

I noticed imsad I wonder what prevented him from coming

Sizzlerjimer
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I noticed imsad I wonder what prevented him from coming
asalam u alikum wa rehamatulahi wa berkathu

brother sqiuglle i was looking for you

i went to the downstairs hall after the jumaah prayer and was looking for some one a bandages on there noses it was weird looking at ppls noses lol u ok now?

Jazak ALLAH

Salahudeen
08-01-2009, 10:00 PM
:( I haven't got bandange anymore it came off u should've told me I would've give you my number

$tranger
08-02-2009, 08:47 AM
asalam u alikum wa rehmatulahi wa berkathu

wat is abu taubah???
Who*

www.thefiks.org <-- his website

Beblessed
08-02-2009, 12:40 PM
okay, lets get back to d topic :)
for those who want to listen quraan recitation of Sh. Sudeisi & his Jumaah Khutbah in the 'TREASURE OF TIME SUMMER CONFERENCE'

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ISPVYTY
Khutbah by Sh. Sudeisi 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8086FIQT
Khutbah by Sh. Sudeisi 2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YDW7LEEO
Leading Jummah prayer by Sh. Sudeisi

Simply_Logical
08-02-2009, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija
okay, lets get back to d topic :)
for those who want to listen quraan recitation of Sh. Sudeisi & his Jumaah Khutbah in the 'TREASURE OF TIME SUMMER CONFERENCE'

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ISPVYTY
Khutbah by Sh. Sudeisi 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8086FIQT
Khutbah by Sh. Sudeisi 2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YDW7LEEO
Leading Jummah prayer by Sh. Sudeisi
jazakallah sis,
i loved the way he recited,
especially surah ghasiya,
had to pray salat in the car park,
but it was wicked praying salat on the concrete floor,
and the sun hitting down on you,
was one of my best jummah salats ever :D;D:D

p.s he recited maghrib really nicely too! :D

Beblessed
08-02-2009, 08:55 PM

sister khadija Jazak ALLAH for that but it says download the file do i need to download it?i have never used megaupload thot i will ask u ps also do u have the lecture of sheikh which he delivered at the conference and also his magrhib salaat?

May ALLAH reward you highly for this AMEEN
ameen

walaykum salaam warahamatullahi wabarakatuh
akhee yea u have to download it. I didnt record any of the lectures, but you can watch some of d lectures you missed here inshAllaah http://www.ustream.tv/channel/green-lane-masjid-live

unfortunately, i dont have the magrib salaat recorded, i wish i had it was beautifully recited tho mashAllaah

Beblessed
08-02-2009, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
jazakallah sis,
especially

wa iyaak
surah ghasiya with sudeisi recitation reminds me when I was watching taraweeh in ramadan
yea magrib salat was beautifully recited too mashAllaah!

M.B
08-03-2009, 08:24 AM

it was sooooooo packed as brother oxygenhacker said. i arrived at around 11 oclock alhamduliah i got a seat were the line goes and the guards were standing i was soo close to the first 5 safs but the do not allow. yesterday sheikh salim al amry was very good mashallah. also sheikh asim hakeem they were making so many jokes. the chai chat was really good mashallah. the security was toooo hard to go through it was even more harsher then masjdul haraam at least over ther u can see the shikh walking with guards and u can try and make salaam. the most funniest thing was when all the guards stood up after jummah wat did they think that sheikh was gonna get rushed over like 3 ,2 years ago.

alhamdulliah it was a really beneficial lectures from all the shyuookh. they were saying that sheikh shuraim was gona come but then the sheikh told them that he cont come in two weeks for reasons (in guessing it know ramadhan inshallah and he has to leadtaraweeh so i think he is going to get prepared for it. inshallah they have agreed that inshallah he is going to come after ramadhan.

Salahudeen
08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
lol that's what they were worried about the sheikh getting rushed over they wanted to make sure 100% it didn't happen. And apparently people were threatning to kill him on the internet so they had to keep security really tight.

sarajulldin
08-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Yh thats why police were involved due to threats, otherwise police would have not bothered.

I just hate some people who just made life hard for him, rushing at him, chasing his car and jumping on it??? Where in the Quran does it say you have to do this, to get Allah's blessing?

As Abu Usamah said, Do not go overboard ! He said it at the start of the conference and at the end.

I was there from Saturday morning to Monday morning, and masallah, I loved it all, the lectures were very beneficial to me personally and now I am practising Islam much more and want to continue with it.

Sheikh Assim Al-Hakeem is coming to our mosque here in Nelson, Lancashire this Friday at 6pm, and look forward to it greatly !

P.S the Chai Chat feature was unique for an islamic conference !

Salahudeen
08-04-2009, 11:05 AM
mashallah, yeh chai chat was good was orignal and the live panel discussion was good but was abit too short. And the live debate was good also. What surprised me is alot of brothers from all the other masjid's in birmingham turned up which was surprising because normally the majority of masjid's in Birmingham don't agree with Green Lane and tell their attendees' not to go there.

So they stay away all year and bad mouth the masjid when the imam of kabba comes they rush down and moan they can't get in. Can you believe people actually started swearing and hurling abuse at the stewards because they wouldn't let them in???

Subhanallah they come to a masjid and start abusing the people who are working in the path of Allah. what kind of people do this, maybe this is why they didn't get there in time and get in because Allah didn't want such people in the masjid.

sarajulldin
08-04-2009, 01:56 PM
To be honest I prefer not to have such people coming to Green Lane, in a way i see it as good that other mosques dont like Green Lane, becuase if thats how people from these other mosques treat staff and the mosque and chase down imams, then no thanks

Salahudeen
08-04-2009, 02:33 PM
yeah, but in the past when sheikh sudais came not as many people came to the masjid but that was few years ago Green Lane's reputation must've grown loads in those few years and that's why so many people found out about it this time.

what was very disappointing to see that on the days sheikh sudais didn't come not as many people attended the conference. :(

i actually prefer it when the masjid isn't that rammed because you can relax and stretch out and listen with ease. When it's rammed you're all squashed up and you get cramps in your legs and sweating and can't move your body on any side because there's some 1 there.

sarajulldin
08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
thats is very true brother, to be honest it shows why people come and then dont,

in my eyes i was impressed with the turn throughout the weekend ok compared to the Sheikhs attendance it was lacking, but still impressed individuals had come and actually listen.

I stayed the whole weekend and listened to every lecture and enjoyed it very much, and look forward to further conferences

ummee
08-04-2009, 10:12 PM
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! mashAllah tabarakAllah!

Simply_Logical
03-13-2016, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
jazakallah sis,
especially surah ghasiya,

bit of an old thread but i always remember this event especially jummah an maghrib slaat, beautiful recitation :Emoji45:

Simply_Logical
01-22-2021, 09:11 PM
Still remember shaykh sudais recitation of surah ghasiya amazing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.