View Full Version : LI Writing Contest - The Entries! - Comments Here

Na7lah
07-04-2009, 06:07 PM
:sl:

Post your comments here and not in the other thread

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
07-04-2009, 06:21 PM
When will the winner be announced insh'Allah?

Güven
07-04-2009, 06:43 PM
by closing the thread you also closed the poll :X

I reopened it again , now the poll is open.

and I voted for Snapshot the others were really good but Snapshot was definitely the best. :ooh:

Tony
07-04-2009, 06:46 PM
wow the standard of writing is excellent. voted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Na7lah
07-04-2009, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
by closing the thread you also closed the poll :X

I reopened it again , now the poll is open.

and I voted for Snapshot the others were really good but Snapshot was definitely the best. :ooh:
oops :hiding:

i'm looking foward to reading them, the poll will be open for ten days then the winner will be announced inshallah

Yanal
07-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Are their judges or only poll based?

Na7lah
07-04-2009, 07:28 PM
poll based

جوري
07-04-2009, 10:17 PM
only four entries? that is a shame I was expecting more.. they were all good.. I voted for the one I liked the most.. I was expecting a good 15 entries.. nonetheless better a quality few than a quantitative nightmare ..

:w:

Muhaba
07-06-2009, 12:52 AM
still only 6 votes?

Ummu Sufyaan
07-07-2009, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
only four entries? that is a shame I was expecting more.. they were all good.. I voted for the one I liked the most.. I was expecting a good 15 entries.. nonetheless better a quality few than a quantitative nightmare ..

same...

Yanal
07-07-2009, 04:51 AM
To add on sister Skyes comment on the quanity of the stories here is my perspective: The stories are considerbly long and many stories like these would create to much time spending on one thread only reading them so some may get impatient and just vote the one they are currently reading and that could have been anyones even the worst grammical,concept story,would that be fair for a person who did everything almost to attain perfection rather than a last minute document with amusing errors(typos)? So I prefer having a less amount and better quality to read rather then the opposite. I have yet to vote because I was in vacation on a ferry for a few days and have not yet voted so do not get panicked over the quanity of votes because in time insh'Allah they will increase rapidly because brother Muezzin is advertising it almost anywhere you can think of,may Allah bless him.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2009, 04:58 PM
:salamext:

I was stuck between two of the stories (Broken and Jeruesalem). All the stories were really excellent.

Tony
07-07-2009, 05:09 PM
will there be another one anytime soon

Muezzin
07-07-2009, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Was it really necessary to make it a public poll?
It's to discourage entrants from cheating by voting for their own entries. That's happened in the previous contest, unfortunately.

Tony
07-07-2009, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It's to discourage entrants from cheating by voting for their own entries.
how very suspscious of you muezzin, would you vote for you bro:D

Muezzin
07-07-2009, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
how very suspscious of you muezzin, would you vote for you bro:D
I don't need to vote for me.*

:p

But seriously speaking, jazakallah to all who have taken the time to read and vote so far. :)

We need to advertise the heck out of this thing, so it would be great if everyone spread the word :)

*and neither do any other entrants. Everybody's entries are good enough to stand on their own merits.

Tony
07-07-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't need to vote for me.

:p
are you implying the voting system is rigged:statisfie

Muezzin
07-07-2009, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
are you implying the voting system is rigged:statisfie
I'm implying (over)confidence in my own writing skills.

Let's stop derailing the thread and leave it for its original purpose, which was for people to share their thoughts on all the great entries in this contest. :)

Al-Zaara
07-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I liked Broken. It wasn't too long nor too short and well-written. Except the story-line. It was beautiful but boring too, as I've read similiar lots of times, in this board especially. It is a good solid Islamic theme. I like how effetcs were used, italics and bold, always something I appreciate, it gives depth.

The second one which I liked was Snapshot. Quite long and obviously time has been used. I didn't know what to expect whilst reading which I like a lot though the ending was a bit abrupt in my opinion. After all the describing of the events prior, the ending just came "BAM, good guy didn't kill, BAM, the end." That was a bit dissappointing. I did choose to vote for Snapshot because of its story-line mainly, not the everyday islamic story about either war or Emaan loss. Especially the ending line was brilliant and weighed a lot in the scale, "Nobody would steal his frozen moments." The language was good too.

JazakAllah kheyrun for all the participants' time and effort, very much appreciated!

Yanal
07-13-2009, 11:23 PM

Insha'Allah I am voting for Snap Shot.

One day left.

Yanal
07-14-2009, 08:52 PM

Anyone win yet?

-Elle-
07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I wrote Broken:D...thanks to those who voted for it:statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
I liked Broken. It wasn't too long nor too short and well-written. Except the story-line. It was beautiful but boring too, as I've read similiar lots of times, in this board especially. It is a good solid Islamic theme. I like how effetcs were used, italics and bold, always something I appreciate, it gives depth.

[
Really?I never read any similar stories...but then again, I never really read "islamic" stories,lol. I wrote this story more for someone than for the contest, I guess you could say that it was "inspired" by something/someone in my life...I decided to send it in, just to share it with people who might be struggling with issues similar to the main character's problems...I am happy people liked it!

Next contest insh'Allah I'll think up a great story line,this one was a bit boring/dull in terms of actions...but like I said before, it was more an "emotional" piece,hehee..

Anyway, I enjoyed the contest, congrats to the winner!<3

AabiruSabeel
07-14-2009, 08:55 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Anyone win yet?
^^Snapshot has got maximum votes. And by judging with the writing style, it could be Muezzin.

Forgot to add, I was too lazy to read them all, or should I say too busy moderating?

Yanal
07-14-2009, 09:02 PM

Broken was also good:). I recall Muezzins story,the coconut tree. It did have the same composture and text. :thumbs_up.

Na7lah
07-14-2009, 11:18 PM

Do I have to announce the winner? :><: You can already tell from the poll, and i'm not sure if there are prizes or not...

Yanal
07-14-2009, 11:23 PM

If you want I can announce it..?The prizes can be duas for all participants,last time sister Hafsah as I recall took herself shopping. Perhaps Muezzin can do the same? All we can do is give you suggestions on what to buy and what not to.

Muhaba
07-16-2009, 03:28 AM
So the first prize goes to Snapshot, second prize goes to Broken, and On the Road to Juresalam and Jihad get Third Prize! With so few entries, every entry is a winner! lol

BTW I voted for Broken.

Muezzin
07-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Well, I wrote Snapshot. Thanks to everyone who voted for it!

And jazakallah to everyone who took the time to read all the stories. :)

Muhaba
07-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Well I didn't know you were Pakistani, brother Muezzin.

Your story was great but i couldn't really undertand the ending. BTW why did you choose pattan names for the antagonist?

Muezzin
07-20-2009, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
Your story was great but i couldn't really undertand the ending.
Oh? What didn't you understand?

BTW why did you choose pattan names for the antagonist?
Had a nice ring to it.

Re.TiReD
07-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Dangg! If you're telling people which entry was yours that means we must have a winner, who was it? :><:

I think I slept for a month, how strange :><:

Muhaba
07-21-2009, 04:44 AM
brother Muezzin's story Snapshot won. I wonder what the prize is. does the winner get a prize?

Muhaba
07-22-2009, 06:06 AM
Oh? What didn't you understand?
I couldn't understand the ending. Did he have his brother killed?
there were some other parts too which i had to read several times to understand them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.