/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ads

glo
07-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Looking at the ad banner at the top of the page I just spotted some lingerie adverts ... linking to a page of women in underwear ...

Have we no control over the ads on that banner??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
07-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi
Two words: Mozilla firefox
And 3 more words: "Addblock plus" add-on
(or is that 4 words? ^_^)

glo
07-04-2009, 09:02 PM
You are speaking in riddles, brother.

Can you explain to this technophobe what you mean? :)

جوري
07-04-2009, 09:21 PM
if you view LI from a firefox browser you block ads using one of its many addons that will not show you banners all together.. I for instance see banners promoting Christianity or atheism, I can ignore them or I can use one of the many features on firefox that block offensive ads all together..

all the best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
07-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Mozilla firefox is an open-source alternative webbrowser. In plain English that means, it is a free program that allows you to look at the internet (just like internet explorer).

However, it being open-source does not only mean that it is free of charge, it also means that people are legally free to alter the program as they see fit. So there are a lot of "add-ons" that you can install to tweak the program. One of these add-ons is "ad-block plus" which blocks adds on websites. You see the same page as you would see on internet explorer, only the adds isn't displayed and the content of the website is moved up or down accordingly, so that there isn't an "open gap" either.

Yanal
07-04-2009, 10:27 PM
A more simple advice: Dont click them(3 words,13 characters)

Abdul Fattah
07-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Well they're still annoying even if you don't click 'm ^_^

Yanal
07-04-2009, 10:57 PM
You have a life,do something else rather than stare at them.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-05-2009, 12:09 AM
^^That's besides the point Yanal which I dont think you understand. It catches your eye one way or another, whether liked or not, so someone would simply want to avoid it. I dont see what the fuss is about.

Yanal
07-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Then just pray to Allah to stop your gaze.

Beardo
07-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Please next time send me a screenshot so I can send it over to our contractors. It hasn't occurred to me yet personally, but Allahu Alam! Forgive me for those mistakes. Insha'Allah they will NOT happen again! If they do, by rare chance, please send it in to me via info@jannahnetwork.com, PM, or contact form.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-05-2009, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Then just pray to Allah to stop your gaze.
It happened and so someone is letting us be aware. It HAPPENS. It's better to get rid of.

Yanal
07-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Yes but it rarely happens as brother eHafiz stated.

$tranger
07-06-2009, 02:10 PM
u can always use 'Aria' template and u wont see any banners/ads :-\

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-06-2009, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Yes but it rarely happens as brother eHafiz stated.
That's not even the point. Whatever you have said has had no relevance. No point in going in circles.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!