/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your Faith/Belief/Religion:Poll

Sarada
07-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I am curious as to how many Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Agnostics, Atheists and Others are on Load Islam.

You don't have to identify yourself in the poll, however, if you so choose, you could add the reason why you participate in this forum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sarada
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I am interested in knowing how many people of different beliefs are on this forum.

The names of people responding to the poll will not be published, unless you choose to make a comment.

I am also interested in the main reason that people participate in this forum, so, it would be nice to have that feedback as well.

Thank-you.

Sarada

Sarada
07-09-2009, 03:27 PM
I came to this forum for 2 reasons, one, to try to understand Islam, and two to promote a better understanding and acceptance amongst people of all faiths.

'Abd-al Latif
07-09-2009, 03:33 PM
The reason for participating is to promote the true Islamic image as opposed to what people see in the media, read in the news papers and learn from all other non-muslims/unislamic sources about this widely misunderstood system of life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-09-2009, 03:43 PM
^^That and to have a better understanding about my religion and learn more :)

kulsumfatima
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
I m proud to b a MUSLIM

glo
07-09-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarada
I came to this forum for 2 reasons, one, to try to understand Islam, and two to promote a better understanding and acceptance amongst people of all faiths.
My reasons for being in this forum are very similar to yours, Sarada.

But I have been told on occasions (and I need to remind myself frequently) that this is not an interfaith forum, and that therefore it can sometimes seem like interfaith activities/conversations are not very much supported or even actively discouraged.

If Islam is true, then all contradicting teachings or views are false. It's quite simple ...

Over the years we have had people from several other religions, but many didn't stay.
Personally, I very much enjoyed learning more about Judaism, but again our Jewish members left.

glo
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Just realised that there is a double thread running for this thread/poll.
Can mods merge the two?

جوري
07-10-2009, 03:44 AM
I am a Muslim, came to be amongst Muslims from all over the globe, after having been on various other forums, I decided to come home.. I like to think of this forum as a sanctuary and a place to learn about Islam from various aspects.. arts, culture, science, jurisprudence, historical lives of prophets and companions, creative writing, kinship with sisters, news on and about the Muslim world and to share Ramadan and other religious events with Muslims..

north_malaysian
07-10-2009, 04:32 AM
I am a Muslim and would be forever a Muslim!! Even if the whole Muslim ummah decide to leave Islam.. I would stand alone calling myself a Muslim!

Reasons why I love LI Islamic Forum:

1) I want to learn about Islam
2) I want to learn about Muslims abroad
3) I want to share my culture to the Muslims abroad
4) I love the Ramadan month celebrated by all Muslims in this forum
5) I've met lots of great people on this forum

Trumble
07-10-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm an 'other' I suppose, as a Buddhist! I came here more to get a better understanding of muslims than Islam itself, I suppose and just never left. There are some very interesting people here, knowledgeable about all sorts of things. There are few idiots as well, but even they are a 'learning experience' in their way.

Azy
07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Agnostic. I suppose I came here because I like arguing.

abu_musab461
07-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Benefit from the knowledge and discussions that happen on the forum.

To share the little knowledge i have about jinn, magic, evil eye, magicians etc... to wipe away illusions and misconceptions about the supernatural world and also help people understand the ruqya that is pure and free from shirk, kufr and haram- which is so wide spread in the UK.

People who have to correct aqeedah do sermons and lectures reminding us to avoid shirk and kufr but so many people find them selves afflicted with black magic or jinn and have no real alternative solutions than to go to magicians, sooth sayers, and other charlatans.

So to raise awareness about Ruqya Shariya.

Sarada
07-10-2009, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I'm an 'other' I suppose, as a Buddhist! I came here more to get a better understanding of muslims than Islam itself, I suppose and just never left. There are some very interesting people here, knowledgeable about all sorts of things. There are few idiots as well, but even they are a 'learning experience' in their way.

Sorry, Trumble, I should have added a separate line for Buddhist. You are certainly a fixture and a voice of reason on this forum.
:)

ardianto
07-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Muslim.

I was born in a Muslim family, but about 30% of my mummy's big family members are Christians. Alhamdulillah, there is no problem with this religion difference.

My reason to join in LI ?. I want to meet my brothers and my sisters from many places in the world.

Ansariyah
07-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I am a Muslim Alhamdulilah. I am here to learn, share, help..Just be amongst my Ummah.

Charzhino
07-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Other - Sikh. Much like everyone else I am here to learn more about other faiths, mainly Islam.

Gator
07-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm here to learn about Islam, the differnet perspectives of muslims and debate. Thanks.

Woodrow
07-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I came here when I was still a new revert for the purpose of learning more. I stayed and now am here because I desire to shed some light as to what I find Islam to be and dispel some of the misconceptions.

Muhammad
07-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Poll edited :).

Banu_Hashim
07-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I am a Muslim and came here mainly to be with my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters; to engage in discussions that affect us. When I came here I loved the fact that you have Muslims (and non-Muslims) from all over the world, and I wanted to be part of that network.

Sarada
07-11-2009, 03:39 PM
who is the other hindu?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-11-2009, 03:51 PM
^^He is usually active. I forget his nick but it starts with a V. At least the one I know of.

Banu_Hashim
07-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah, there's a hindu member who used to take part in the Urdu sub-forum. I can't remember his name either.

IslamicRevival
07-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Im a Muslim and I post on here once in a while, albeit rarely:)

The reason being I'm aware this forum is 'Salafi' oriented and to be straight up and honest...I'm not sure what this website teaches. What 'brand' of Islam if you like

Zafran
07-11-2009, 08:03 PM
salaam

Muslim

Here to tackle misconcpetions that may have been created from the media or other events/anti Islamic stuff.

peace

Uthman
07-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I came here to increase my knowledge of Islam and to be among my Muslim brethren. There are not many practising Muslims around where I live, so I need that strong sense of community to keep me on the straight and narrow. Living in a Non-Muslim environment, the line that distinguishes right from wrong from an Islamic perspective becomes increasingly blurred. That's why I need a place like LI.

Yanal
07-12-2009, 08:27 AM
:sl:

I needed a place to expand on Islam and it's true concept. I was young when I came and clueless as an atheist but mashAllah now because of LI I know the true meaning of Islam. Islam is my religion. I have learned excessive because of LI.

:w:

Al-Zaara
07-12-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't remember how I got here, to be honest.

I've all my life been surrounded by at least 90% only non-Muslims, I'm not bothered by it, I love it actually, that I can really get to know other kinds of people, get more depth than usually Muslims can.

The forum is good for me. It's good to feel more connected to other Muslims and hear their opinions. I've been surprised by very close-minded opinions and heated reactions by things which I myself never would agree with, but it's good to learn.

bewildred
07-12-2009, 09:01 AM
I am a Muslim and so very proud to be so. Every day, I thank Allah for I was born and raised in a muslim family. El Hamdoulillah alladi jaâlani mina al muslimin.....

I am here to learn more about my religion. It's a genuine honor to be amongst sisters and brothers who are always ready to help out the bewildered people like me.

S.

zanjabeela
07-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I pop in occasionally to revel in the feeling of inspiration that can come from being around Muslims. The discussions are lively and intelligent, and actually make me feel like we're growing as an Ummah. If I were surrounded by Muslims in my day-to-day life, I'm not sure if I would feel the same way, mainly because this is a place free from the hassles/gossip of "real life." So, it's a place for me to enjoy the good that we have to offer, and not worry about the bad.

It's refreshing, to put it in a nutshell.

:w:

Pygoscelis
07-12-2009, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I came here more to get a better understanding of muslims than Islam itself, I suppose and just never left. There are some very interesting people here, knowledgeable about all sorts of things.
This sums it up for me as well.

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^He is usually active. I forget his nick but it starts with a V. At least the one I know of.
Venugopal?

MeccaStar
07-13-2009, 01:51 AM
i'm happy to be a muslim. i have been on many forum websites and i have learned so much about islam,muslims,The Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him), and many of the other icons of islam.everyday you learn something new about islam.

Woodrow
07-13-2009, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Im a Muslim and I post on here once in a while, albeit rarely:)

The reason being I'm aware this forum is 'Salafi' oriented and to be straight up and honest...I'm not sure what this website teaches. What 'brand' of Islam if you like
We are doing our best to be non-sectarian. There is only one Ummah we are all Muslim, there is no room for any adjective.

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
We are doing our best to be non-sectarian. There is only one Ummah we are all Muslim, there is no room for any adjective.
true..

KiWi
07-13-2009, 03:22 AM

i am a proud Muslimah
reasons y i joined LI…
was to increase my knowledge of Islam n everything abt it
wallahi i’ve learned more abt Islam in this forum than any other ones
i love the fact that ppl in this forum give proofs than just opinion by itself
n i love the fact that i can lean on my sis' shoulders when i need them
i feel more comfortable on this forum b/c the atmosphere n the ppl r just gr8 mashallah
may Allah bless u all…ameen

IslamicRevival
07-13-2009, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Yes we are all Muslims but im also aware of the fact that there are 73 sects in Islam and only one will enter paradise...We are one ummah but its pointless being non sectarian when we know 72 sects are on the wrong path

We all need to strive to the truth and make people aware of those who are ignorant and are on the wrong path with proof from the Quran and hadith in a respectful manner

Uthman
07-13-2009, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Yes we are all Muslims but im also aware of the fact that there are 73 sects in Islam and only one will enter paradise...We are one ummah but its pointless being non sectarian when we know 72 sects are on the wrong path

We all need to strive to the truth and make people aware of those who are ignorant and are on the wrong path with proof from the Quran and hadith in a respectful manner
See this excellent link brother: http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...-al-oadah.html

Asiyah3
07-13-2009, 12:49 PM
salaamu aleykum

I'm am so thankful and proud to be a muslim, alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah).
I joined Li becauz I learn more and more about Islam. It's great to be amongst muslims & share your feelings.

and also like KiWi said

"i feel more comfortable on this forum b/c the atmosphere n the ppl r just gr8 mashallah
may Allah bless u all…ameen"

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-13-2009, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Venugopal?
Yes there we go. I just remembered another one, justahumane :)

love_quran
07-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Until I take the shahada:) you can mark me as a Monotheist(an option i see you have neglected to include in your list:?).

Ramadhan
07-14-2009, 07:57 AM
I am a muslim
I first came here when I googled on "islamic discussion boards" a few months ago to help me increase my knowledge about my own religion. By reading all the discussions on this site, I have learned SOOO much about so many things, including most important on aqeedah and syariah. I am hoping as my knowledge increase, I will be able to contribute more in the future.

Banu_Hashim
07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
^ When you Google 'Islamic forum' the first result is LI Islamic Forum :D

GuestFellow
07-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Muslim.

I just came to ask for help and wasn't planning on staying, though I met nice members so I decided to stay. :)

Muhaba
07-16-2009, 04:22 AM
I am a muslim, which is a great thing btw! It's awesome being Muslim; it makes you feel so peaceful! I wonder if people of other religions feel the same peace that we muslims feel? Maybe I will start a thread about this.

Anyway, I am here because I love the atmosphere. The members are all awesome and very knowledgeable. Another reason is that I can learn more about Islam from the discussions as well as discuss Islam with nonmuslims, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.