/* */

PDA

View Full Version : women going to friday prayers

muslimah1234
07-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Can someone plz tell me whether it is recommended for women to pray friday prayers at the mosque? preferably with some backing hadith...i know it is recommended for eid prayers but i'd like some evidence plz...jzk!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
:sl:

Well if it is recommended then the community dont make a big thing over it!!

As far as I know its permissible, but again preferred for women to pray at home.

I'm sure someone will post evidence for you inshAllah :) I love attending Jumuah prayers but it's been along time since I did.

ardianto
07-11-2009, 06:05 AM
I have seen women went to a mosque to friday prayers, when I was living in Yogyakarta city. But that was only in one mosque. Most Ulamas ban women going to friday prayers.

If you want to going to friday prayers in a mosque, at first you musk ask Imam in that mosque. If he allow you, you can going to friday prayers in that mosque. But if he forbid you, you must understand. Don't try to debate him.

- IqRa -
07-24-2009, 01:02 PM
.... :|

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mozzas
07-24-2009, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I have seen women went to a mosque to friday prayers, when I was living in Yogyakarta city. But that was only in one mosque. Most Ulamas ban women going to friday prayers.

If you want to going to friday prayers in a mosque, at first you musk ask Imam in that mosque. If he allow you, you can going to friday prayers in that mosque. But if he forbid you, you must understand. Don't try to debate him.
I have never heard Ulamas would ban women from going to friday prayers. Where did you hear that? Sorry, but I think it's ridiculous for an Imam to decide whether the women can or can not pray at the mosque where he's at. The women want to be closer to Allah, then let them be!

Let me quoting some explanations from ************** here;

the Friday prayer is not obligatory for women; and if a woman performs the Friday prayer, it is valid. [Nawawi, al-Majmu`, 4.350, quoting Ibn al-Mundhir and others]

The reason why it is not obligatory for women to perform the Friday prayer is because of the hardship and possible harm entailed in them doing so, especially in the case of mothers and others. However, if a woman goes ahead and attends the Friday prayer, it counts because she bore the hardship entailed. [Sarakhsi, al-Mabsut; Nawawi, al-Majmu`]

Imam Nawawi mentions that it has been established by a large body of authentic hadiths that women used to pray behind the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) at his mosque, and women's interaction with men is not haram when there isn't seclusion (or any other harm) entailed. [Nawawi, al-Majmu`, 3.350]

Allah knows best.

Salaam,

crayon
07-24-2009, 01:34 PM
I go to Friday prayers occasionally, I love it. Usually, if the mosque has a women's section, they have friday prayers available for women. If not, then they don't.

Jazak Allah khair, brother mozzas!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Imam or not, Islam has allowed women to go to the masjid, so there's no reason why we should obey that "imam."

ardianto
07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mozzas
I have never heard Ulamas would ban women from going to friday prayers. Where did you hear that? Sorry, but I think it's ridiculous for an Imam to decide whether the women can or can not pray at the mosque where he's at. The women want to be closer to Allah, then let them be!

Let me quoting some explanations from ************** here;
Do you want me tell you, who is Ulama who say women are banned to going to friday prayer ?.

I can't, brother, I can't.
Okay, I am wrong if I say Ulamas ban women going to friday prayer. They just say "Friday prayer is obligatory for men".

But why I had an opinion like that ?. Because I am living in Indonesia, and in Indonesia, women usually banned to going to friday prayer.

When you going to friday prayer in Indonesian mosque, you can see some women are waiting on parking yard. They are wives of Muslims who going to friday prayer. If they must wait on parking yard, that because no section for women and mosque's Imam never allows them pray in friday prayer. Except in certain mosques.

When I was in Yogyakarta, i saw few women went to friday prayer in a mosque, only in that mosque not in other mosque. And when I told this experience to some people, the always comment "What ?, they allow women went to friday prayer ?".

In Indonesian Muslim families, if a girl ask her parent "Can I going to friday prayer ?".
The parent usually answer "Friday prayer is for male only".

But this is in Indonesia. I don't know about other countries.

And this is only for friday prayer. In Subh, Zuhr, Azhar, Maghreeb and Isha prayer, women are allowed to pray in Indonesian mosques.

Jazak Allah khair, brother mozzas. :)

Banu_Hashim
07-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Women are very welcome to go to the masjid in Islam for jumma. But in our local masjid for example, which is basically a house, only during holidays or bank holidays are there any rooms available for women for jumma' because of space.

Ar-RaYYan
07-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Most of the time if a mosque does not have facilities for sisters its usually because of lack of space rather than the imam forbidding them going to the masjid

ardianto
07-24-2009, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
.... :|
I am waiting for your comment, brother.
:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-24-2009, 05:52 PM
^^T.I.A is a sister, no?

ardianto
07-25-2009, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^T.I.A is a sister, no?
Oops. I am sorry, sister T.I.A.
I though you are brother because there is no gender information about you.
:)

I am not scholar, but ordinary Muslim. Maybe I make a fault again in this discussion and I hope someone can tell me what is my fault.

ardianto
07-26-2009, 05:27 PM
When I was teenager, my friend told me he saw a woman went to friday prayer in a masjid in my city. I thought that was strange.

When I was in Uni in other city, I saw some women went to friday prayer in a masjid. I thought that was strange.

This morning I saw a picture on my newspaper, many Muslims out from a masjid after friday prayer, and there are some women in this picture. But, this time I cannot thinking because the masjid in this picture is Masjid al haram.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
It shouldn't be strange to you because it is allowed. It might be that you aren't used to it.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Your salah should be loud enough for you to hear.

Ermm dont take my word for it. InshaAllah someone answers it.

'Abd-al Latif
07-26-2009, 07:11 PM
:salamext:

Women praying Jumu’ah: two rak’ahs only

Q.Assalamualaikum,
Is it permissible for women to pray the friday Zuhr prayer in the mosque that is only two rakat . When i was a child Iwas told that two rakat of Zuhr prayer on friday is only for men and women are supposed to pray on friday as any other day . Please guide me . Jazakallah khair .

A.Praise be to Allaah.

Women do not have to pray Salaat al-Jumu’ah (Friday prayer). Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “As regards women, there is no difference (among the scholars) concerning the fact that Jumu’ah is not obligatory for them.” (Al-Mughni ma’a al-Sharh al-Kabeer, 2/151). But if a woman prays Jumu’ah in the mosque, then she should pray two rak’ahs, just like the men. Ibn Hazm (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Jumu’ah is not obligatory for one who is weak because of sickness or who has another valid excuse, or for women, but if any of these people attend Jumu’ah, they should pray two rak’ahs.” (al-Muhallaa, 5/81). So if a woman goes to the mosque and prays Jumu’ah, this is good enough, and she does not have to pray Zuhr too. And Allaah knows best.
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2229

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.