/* */

PDA

View Full Version : BNP's Griffin: Islam is a cancer

Uthman
07-11-2009, 01:32 PM
As the BNP struggles for right-wing support in the European Parliament, leader Nick Griffin tells Cathy Newman he believes there is "no place in Europe for Islam".The BNP leader Nick Griffin has described Islam as a “cancer” that should be removed from Europe by "chemotherapy".

In an interview with Channel 4 News, Mr Griffin, who has just been elected to the European Parliament, said there was "no place in Europe for Islam".

He added: "Western values, freedom of speech, democracy and rights for women are incompatible with Islam, which is a cancer eating away at our freedoms and our democracy and rights for our women and something needs to be done about it".

The BNP leader said he agreed with a candidate for the Flemish far right party, Vlaams Belang, who had declared: "We urgently need global chemotherapy against Islam to save civilisation."

The remarks will fuel controversy over the BNP’s success at the European elections last month. The party’s two winning candidates - Nick Griffin and Andrew Brons - take up their seats in the European Parliament next week.

Mr Griffin has been holding talks with other far right parties in Europe such as Vlaams Belang and Jobbik, from Hungary.

The BNP had hoped to team up formally with a range of European rightwingers, giving them access to up to €1m of public money to spend on staff and offices. However, those talks have ended in failure.

The BNP will still work together informally with Jobbik, with both parties saying they share common ground on issues such as law and order.

Jobbik has formed its own militia, the Hungarian Guard, which wears Nazi-style uniform and marches across the country to tackle what it calls “gypsy crime” by Roma travellers.

Mr Griffin told Channel 4 News that he believed Britain had “got a problem with Romanian gypsy crime”. Jobbik’s use of the term has led to accusations that it is seeking to criminalise an entire ethnic group.

The BNP leader said: “There are two sorts of gypsies in Britain. There are the old fully-established anglicised Romanies who have been here for generations and who when they go to an area, when they leave it, it is spotlessly clean and you can not see they have been there. We have got no issue with that.

"And on the other hand there are the travellers - mainly from Ireland - and the Roma gypsy beggars and pickpockets in London. And while the liberal elite may say it is politically incorrect to say so, I would say that they have a very high level of criminality."

One of Jobbik’s MEPs, Krisztina Morvai, has been accused of anti-Semitism after text she wrote on an online forum.

Questioned by Channel 4 News about the remarks, she did not deny writing them, but said she did not want to make any comment. She then terminated the interview.

Although Jobbik still sees the BNP as an ally, Vlaams Belang distanced itself both from Mr Griffin and the call by one of its candidates for "global chemotherapy" against Islam. One of its MEPs said he did not agree with comparing "people to diseases".

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
07-11-2009, 02:00 PM
What an idiot. We need "chemotheraphy" against idiocracy, that's what we need.

Banu_Hashim
07-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Griffin is a racist idiotic pig. Realistically he has no support in the UK. I don't know why people even take his views seriously. He should just be ignored.

Muezzin
07-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Global chemotherapy.

Is he trying to help out barbers?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Looks like those eggs weren't enough for him, we need to think big

Muezzin
07-11-2009, 02:18 PM
We should ask Dave Benson Phillips to throw a special show of Get Your Own Back.

Nick Griffin + ten-foot ride into vat of gunge = comedy for all the family

Trumble
07-11-2009, 02:19 PM
The man is a total nutter, in addition to being a bigot/racist/fascist etc, etc. This from him last week;

Sink boats of migrants

In a way it's for the best, though. Before the Euro elections it was all kid-gloves stuff and trying to look like a 'real' political party, but at least people can now clearly see what the BNP is really all about.

aadil77
07-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Now how was I thinkin of that same green gunge? I Could remember that program but not the name of it

But I think the gunge should have sum nice additions to it like ie; stink bombs+o( or sumin that will make him smell like the pig he is

amireh
07-11-2009, 02:46 PM
its so sad though that people actually voted for his party. and once they have a seat in the european parliament his decisions do have a big influence in europe.

Muezzin
07-11-2009, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
But I think the gunge should have sum nice additions to it like ie; stink bombs or sumin that will make him smell like the pig he is
In polite conversation, I can't say what I'd like to substitute the gunge for.

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
The man is a total nutter, in addition to being a bigot/racist/fascist etc, etc. This from him last week;

Sink boats of migrants
format_quote Originally Posted by Nick Griffin
The only measure which is going to stop illegal immigration and stop large numbers of sub-Saharan Africans dying on the way to get over here is to get very tough with those coming over.
Yes, the only way to stop large numbers of illegal immigrants dying on their journey overseas is to sink the boats they're travelling in.

But wait, there's more:

format_quote Originally Posted by Nick Griffin
I didn't say anyone should be murdered. I say boats should be sunk. They can throw them a raft so they can go back to Libya.
So it's not enough to waste time and money scuttling boats containing illegal immigrants in order to 'save their lives', you also have to waste time and money throwing them rafts so they can float back to their home countries.

This coming from a man who represents a party that says illegal immigrants are inherently a waste of time and money.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Griffin, elected last month, admitted his party had been snubbed by other far-right parties and had failed to form a European Parliament group.

aamirsaab
07-11-2009, 04:16 PM
:sl:

I'd love to debate this punk.

nocturnal
07-11-2009, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Griffin is a racist idiotic pig. Realistically he has no support in the UK. I don't know why people even take his views seriously. He should just be ignored.
He is a bigoted individual certainly, but his fascist ideology does have some appeal in the UK. The evidence of this is the fact that he is now an elected MEP (Member of the European Parliament).

We can't kid ourselves and pretend that his insidious popularity isn't a problem. If we don't raise awareness and implement measures to tackle the causes that lead people to vote BNP, we'll end up cultivating a society dominated by extremist Islamophobic zealots. Much like Israel.

nocturnal
07-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I think there's a reason he made the comment alluding to the sinking of boats in reference to Libya. He knows that most of them journey to Italy and part of Berlucsconi's coalition there is the fascist Northern League, who advocate very similar if not more despicable ideas.

It's probably in an attempt to win over some prominent allies.

GuestFellow
07-14-2009, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Looks like those eggs weren't enough for him, we need to think big
How about glass bottles? XD

sarah85
07-14-2009, 09:29 PM
well what did we expect....Muslims should have used their vote to keep him out and because they didnt we have to suffer him and his cronie being elected.

GuestFellow
07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sarah85
well what did we expect....Muslims should have used their vote to keep him out and because they didnt we have to suffer him and his cronie being elected.
I think it was due to the MPs scandal that is what got the BNP extra votes.

Amadeus85
07-14-2009, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nodigitsever
or because you are a bunch of uncivilised savages?
Well if we compare achievments of Islamic civilization and civilization of ...Wicca, You are on very poor position fellow. I think that even the Jedi believers beat You down.

jeff d
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
I am in total agreement with you Al-Zaara! You have said it best! idiocracy is the culprit here!! It's abominable that anyone would say such a thing about people! It's people like this that ruin the chances of peace in the world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.