/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for phrases of respect for Allah and His Messengers

rpwelton
07-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum,

Many times when people write Allah they will write SWT after it, a kind of shorthand for showing respect to His Name. The same goes for Muhammad (pbuh). However, I think a better way this should be done is to be able to write the Arabic phrase instead.

There used to be a button to automatically add the Salaam and Wasalaam (what happened to that?). I think a similar button should be added for the Arabic equivalent of SWT, PBUH, and AS (for the other prophets).

Usually the phrase is written in a compact way so that it does not appear as a string of text, but rather as a kind of calligraphy "symbol" (if you know what I mean).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brasco
07-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Just look that VIDEO how much respect these scholars had when it came to the Messenger of Allah ta'ala! (SAW)!!

Yanal
07-13-2009, 11:31 PM
:sl:

It's your intention that matters but none the less,it's a good idea that should be considered:thumbs_up.

:w:

AabiruSabeel
07-14-2009, 06:57 AM

InshaAllah, we will be getting those soon. We are currently trying to get better smilies. Meanwhile, you can still use the codes for Assalamu Alaikum and wa Alaikum Assalam, : sl: & : wa: without the space after colon.

If you can get better smilies than these, please let us know:

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
07-14-2009, 07:12 AM

A slight correction,it's : w: without that extra 'a'.

AabiruSabeel
07-14-2009, 07:13 AM
^Both ones are there. Try it.

: w: is :w: read as WasSalamu Alaikum

: wa: is :wa: read as wa Alaikum Assalam

Ramadhan
07-14-2009, 08:02 AM
let me try

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.