/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shab E Meraj

baby_muslimah
07-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Salam.

All my life ive been told to fast two days after shab e miraj however, as usual i havent been told why or what the story behind it is. Im bengali if that helps :skeleton: Is this just another act of bi'dah or is it really mentioned in the Quran/hadith?

Wasalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Shab E Meraj ?.
Do you mean Isra Mi'raj ?. RasoolAllah's traveling to masjidil Aqsa then up to Sidhratool Munthaha ?.

Although some people say if we fast two days in Isra Mi'raj we can get reward same as five years fasting, there is no shaheeh hadith about this.
I have read many articles that written by scholars in my place, Isra Mi'raj fasting is bid'ah.

noorseeker
07-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes your bengali, im understading, my mum told me today why didnt i remind her ,
i was like guullee marraw, bengali phrase shoot the bullet at it. meaning forget about it

Their set in their ways

nebula
07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
There is no authentic proof of the date of which night of the Isra and Miraj happend. Celebrating it is Bid'ah.

read this fatawa

here

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al Ansari
07-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Post has been deleted

bismillah

We are not saying there is a problem with fasting. We are saying the eid that you are fasting for? What is your niyyah for the fast?
Wa Allaahu alim.

hrm
07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
There is no authentic proof of the date of which night of the Isra and Miraj happend. Celebrating it is Bid'ah.

read this fatawa

here
Nebula :sl:
First of all the Fatwa source I have checked you mentioned is from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Any Fatwa coming out of Saudi Arabia is not to be considered the word of God.For your kind information such fatwas are excepted by some muslims and some do not.
But the gist of the matter is that there is no authentic proof of celebration of miraj nor in keeping fast on or before that date.
:wa::statisfie

Pk_#2
07-29-2009, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
guullee marraw
;D;D;D;D loool I swear ma uncle always says that!!

ardianto
07-30-2009, 05:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
In Indonesia Isra Mi'raj is a Muslim holiday, when schools and offices getting off. And almost in every masjid you can find Isra Mi'raj celebration although this celebration is not always on 27 Radjab, but on another day/night.

However, you are right. Some Muslims start to say, no authentic proof of the date which night of Isra Mir'raj happened.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.