/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Listening to the Qur'an Recitation

Ali_008
07-21-2009, 01:18 PM
:sl:

I have this question. I once heard in an Islamic gathering, actually I was late and so just when I joined them they were saying that even listening to every letter of the Qur'an's recitation brings reward equal to recitation. As an authentic hadith in At-Tirmithee proves: “Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.

So similarly just listening to Alif, Laam, Meem will get you 30 rewards.

So I wanna ask if its true or not because I've never heard or read it anywhere again. Can someone put more light on this issue with authentic Ahadeeth to support it???

I know that listening has its own reward as it is stated in Surah A'raf verse 204

When the Qur'an is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy.

but is it equal to reciting it??????
:?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
07-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Who said Tirmidhi is not Authentic?

rpwelton
07-21-2009, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
:sl:

I have this question. I once heard in an Islamic gathering, actually I was late and so just when I joined them they were saying that even listening to every letter of the Qur'an's recitation brings reward equal to recitation. As an authentic hadith in At-Tirmithee proves: “Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.

So similarly just listening to Alif, Laam, Meem will get you 30 rewards.

So I wanna ask if its true or not because I've never heard or read it anywhere again. Can someone put more light on this issue with authentic Ahadeeth to support it???

I know that listening has its own reward as it is stated in Surah A'raf verse 204

When the Qur'an is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy.

but is it equal to reciting it??????
:?
:w:
What is the hadith they provide for the reward of listening being the same as reciting?

MuhammadHamza1
01-22-2018, 02:20 PM
https://islamqa.info/en/197900
Mostly the same topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.