/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think your religion is true?

cali dude
07-21-2009, 05:33 PM
So what make you think that your religion is true?

Is there any logical reason other than that you believe your prophet or guru?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
07-21-2009, 06:22 PM
:threadapp

Trumble
07-21-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cali dude

It makes sense, both intellectually and experientially. To varying degrees, none of the others do.

I guess I can be more specific in two ways. Firstly, while the Buddhist fundamentals do require 'faith' in the sense they can't be logically or scientifically proven the substantial body of philosophy derived from them is right up there compared with any Western philosophical tradition despite being many centuries older; I'd put them on intellectual 'level terms' maybe only from Hume onwards. That suggests to me the fundamental assumptions have a reasonable chance of being right.

Secondly, Buddhism addresses reality as I see it, and teaches people to accept it and deal with it by their own efforts. No reliance on a God to put things right or reward/punish you, or tales of an afterlife to look forward to help you cope with that reality. The 'problem of evil' convinced me long ago that no such God exists.

Ramadhan
07-22-2009, 03:10 AM
Oh there are so many things that I find Islam to be the true religion.

- It is the only religion that provides guidance in EVERY aspects of human life, hence it is the most complete religion
- Its scripture, the Qur'an, is the ONLY scripture that is unchanged, unaltered
- The life of its messenger, Muhammad SAW, is well-documented to the minutae details and provide best examples how to live life
- As I am a scientifically-inclined person, I find things in the Quran that is proven/known only centuries later after it was revealed
- The teachings of islam appeal intellectually to me
- I see/witness that people who truly observe the teachings of Islam are truly happy persons despite circumstances and most righteous
- I have had numerous personal experiences that strengthen my faith in Islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
barrio79
07-22-2009, 03:34 AM
[QUOTE=naidamar;1189339]

Every religion that has at least one genuine follower is a true religion

- It is the only religion that provides guidance in EVERY aspects of human life, hence it is the most complete religion

All religions provide guidance of some description, some good, some not so good; but the authors of them thought they had all aspects covered

Other holy books have very fervent followers who have a strong view of their scriptures which could make them feel their versions are better.

- The life of its messenger, Muhammad SAW, is well-documented to the minutae details and provide best examples how to live life

Most sects have a figurehead who radiates perfection to its followers.

- As I am a scientifically-inclined person, I find things in the Quran that is proven/known only centuries later after it was revealed

A personal view that gives one safety in a stormy world, but not science based.

A personal view that others have in relation to their own beliefs.

- I see/witness that people who truly observe the teachings of Islam are truly happy persons despite circumstances and most righteous

A common feeling amongst religious peoples of many faiths

A common occurrence amongst religious peoples of other faiths

Uthman
07-22-2009, 07:56 AM
This isn't a debate thread. There are plenty of other threads for that.

As for me, I think Islam to be true because I believe the Qur'an is a miraculous text in several different ways. Having also observed the character of Muhammad (peace be upon him), the idea that he was lying about receiving revelations over a period of 23 years does not seem plausible. The idea that he was 'mistaken' about the revelations is equally, if not more implausible.

Again, if you wish to debate about this, you can create a new thread or find an existing one using the search function.

AntiKarateKid
07-23-2009, 03:59 PM

Every religion that has at least one genuine follower is a true religion
Says who? The true religion is from Allah alone. So either back up your claims that it is from God or drop it.

All religions provide guidance of some description, some good, some not so good; but the authors of them thought they had all aspects covered
You completely sidestepped the point. It doesn't matter if they thought they had everything covered. Islam has everything covered. While others flounded about making up rules for problems their texts can't address, Muslims have a clear guide.

Other holy books have very fervent followers who have a strong view of their scriptures which could make them feel their versions are better.
Another sidestep. It doesn't matter if they FEEL that it is better. The Quran has not been altered and this is historically demonstrable and a sign from Allah.

Most sects have a figurehead who radiates perfection to its followers.
Not all characters are created equal. Not all made so many prophecies that were true. And most of all, none were as successful as the Prophet pbuh who is regarded by histories to be the most successful religious personality and most influential individual in history.

Moreover, this si where authenticity comes in. Followers often add and embellish the lives of their leaders but in Islam, the science of hadith eliminates this problem and leaves a true account of the Prophet's pbuh character.

A personal view that gives one safety in a stormy world, but not science based.
Your comment appleis more to you than anyone else. Muslims reached the height of their scientific progress right after revelation showing that Islam encourages scientific pursuit (the scientific method was pioneered by early Muslims). Moreover, the scientific miracles in the Quran such as the creation of rain and origin of iron are clear indications of divinity.

A personal view that others have in relation to their own beliefs.
There is no doubt that the teaches of Islam appear to the intellect as has been shown by the scientific progress of early Muslims. Unlike Christians who had to kick their faith to the curb before they could advance scientifically.

A common feeling amongst religious peoples of many faiths
Righteousness is only called so if God deems it so. Those people who consider themselves good would have to show that their definition of good is supported by God.

A common occurrence amongst religious peoples of other faiths
True enough. But one must understand the differences between such experiences. Most, if not all, Muslim reverts give intellectual arguments and often cite scripture and logic as the basis for their faith. Unlike Christians who cite ambiguous dreams, feelings, or apparritions which more often than not are delusions of their own making and comparable to the effects of hallucinogens.

Uthman
07-23-2009, 04:02 PM
No more debating. Future posts of that nature will simply be deleted.

Tony
07-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Logic leads me to have no doubt in the existence of a Creator, the origins of life, the systems within ants, migratory butterflies, reproduction and much more. The line of prophets that have unfaulteringly bought to us the message of one God only with no partners, Prophet Muhammads (peace be upon him) incredible life, story and Hadiths, the existence of the unchangeable Qur'an, the circumstances in which the Qur'an came to being. Then since beleiving there is the answering of dua's, the incredible people such as Dr Zakir Naik, Harun Yayha, the Sheiyks who cry when resciting our Noble Qur'an, the poor and destitute, those who have been persecuted in palestine,Darfur etc who never fail in their belief and in their ability to humble us with their strength, the many scientists who come to embrace Islam out of logical process. But above and beyond allis the fact that when trust is placed in Allah I truly feel protected and righteous. Hope it helps, I could expand for hours but tried to give an overveiw. May Allah guide you and bring you to Islam, Ameen

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Qur'an. There is no way a human being, let alone an illiterate man, can come with Speech so intricate in it's qualities, so eloquent in it's language, so subtle and perfect in it's grammer and style, so cohesive that each Surah flows from one to the next in a perfect union without ever denting the flow, so marvelous in it's beauty, so enchanting to the ears - only an ignoramus will ever disbelieve in it. The fact that each word is in it's proper place and perfectly suited for the place it has been used - such that one cannot take one word from one verse and replace it in another. The fact that it is gramatically unsurmountable - to the extent that it became the standard of perfect grammar for the Arabs, Muslims or not. The amazing depth of imagery in the very choice of words used.

The fact that it can be memorized in it's entirety by kids as young as 6 and 7 that I personally know. The fact that it can be memorized by people well past the age of learning, in their 60s, 70s, and even 80s. The fact that it is memorized by millions of people, to the extent that every Muslim has some portion of it memorized. The fact that not only do we have the Qur'an the same as it was when the Messenger (saw) spoke it to the people, we even know how he spoke it and how he recited it, we know how he moved his mouth when pronouncing a word or letter. The fact that the listener is never bored from it, unlike how it so often happens with song and story books.

So bring another Book that can achieve something similar. You will never be able to.

{Allah has sent down the best statement: a consistent Book wherein is reiteration. The skins shiver therefrom of those who fear their Lord; then their skins and their hearts relax at the remembrance of Allah. That is the guidance of Allah by which He guides whom He wills. And one whom Allah leaves astray - for him there is no guide.}[az-Zumar: 23]

aamirsaab
07-26-2009, 06:47 PM
:sl:
Many things. Particularly my upbringing of well-mannered and respectable family. Also, the teachings of the Prophet pbuh and the Quran/sunnah/hadith in particular the rulings of sharia (which I have been studying for a year or so)

Most recently though, my pilgrimage to Umrah where I witnessed two very fascinating things:

1) Birds doing a variation of a tawaaf (circumbobulation) around the Kabah and tweeting to the fajr namaz.

2) The mere fact that after every prayer there were at least 5 000 people coming out of the haram yet no signs of aggression or fighting (I was there for about 2 weeks and 0 crimes committed save a bus crash): pure humbleness and respect for everyone. Compare this to say a football match where a crowd with as many people would have at least a scuffle.

Bittersteel
07-26-2009, 07:02 PM
The Quran and the Prophet's(PBUH) life and research on both of them for nearly two complete years.I am not that practicing but grew more knowledgeable and more aware of my own religion now.

Follower
07-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Why do I think my religion is true?

Proof through prophecy.

Proof through archaelogy.

Eywitness accounts of events during Jesus' time.

Jesus dying on the cross for me out of love from the Father.

People willing to die, recieve torture trying to tell the Gospel message.

The miracle of the Holy Bible parts thousands of years old, 40 inspired writers -beautiful stories and parables- pertinent today and forever.

The Holy Bible easily translated into every written language of the world so that people can and are encouraged to read the Holy Bible in their own language.

The concern of the Holy Bible with the spiritual world, being with GOD, nothing to do with trying to gain material wealth or power in this world.

A number of close encounters with GOD during prayer, after prayer- in times of trouble.

Actually heard the Holy Spirit speak to me.

IF, IF Jesus were proven to have never existed I would still want Hm to be my perfect example of the way to live my life.

AntiKarateKid
07-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Islam:

-uncorrupted book with historical evidence and miracles
-prophecies in quran and Prophet Muhammad pbuh (historically documented)
-book is memorizable and better than music
-covers every part of life and leaves nothing ambiguous
- Prophet Muhammad pbuh biography and the fact that, according to historians, he was the most influential man in history.
-unified religion with a single language and a single way to pray so everyone is together
-makes sense without any nonsense mysteries or trivial embellishments or
"super-human" priesthood and encourages you to challenge illogical dogma
- impossible to destroy it as every Muslim has memorized at least two chapters of the Quran

Muhaba
07-29-2009, 06:40 AM
islam is perfectly according to human nature; there is absolutely no conflict between Islam and our nature. When following some Islamic principle, you don't feel like you are doing something wrong or against your nature.

the belief in one God who is Single, Unique, and has no partners is also according to human nature. You don't have muslims wondering about the nature of God or whether there could be more than one god, but you do have Christians wondering about the trinity and athiests wondering whether there is god or not. ppl of other faith are not satisfied with their beliefs but muslims are.

The Quraan is a miraculous & perfect Book. Reading it sincerely tells you that it couldn't have been written by human. It's laws and commands are extremely just and good, hense it couldn't be from jinn or satan as some have alleged.

The Prophet (SAW) was a perfect human being. Only a true prophet could be that perfect. If we compare the Prophet's character to all the false prophets, we can clearly see that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW)'s character was outstanding while all the others had terrible character flaws.

The true followers of Islam are perfect human beings. After 9/11 attacks, christians in western countries became so enraged that they killed ppl who they thought were muslims. They took out their anger on innocent ppl and it was unsafe for muslims to live in western countries but westerners were pretty much safely living in muslim countries despite the fact that the western countries attacked muslim lands. Shows a huge character difference.

Trumble
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
The true followers of Islam are perfect human beings. After 9/11 attacks, christians in western countries became so enraged that they killed ppl who they thought were muslims. They took out their anger on innocent ppl and it was unsafe for muslims to live in western countries but westerners were pretty much safely living in muslim countries despite the fact that the western countries attacked muslim lands. Shows a huge character difference.
Where did these supposed murders occur?

That aside, you might at least compare like with like. You claim the 'true followers' of Islam are perfect human beings (and I have yet to meet a perfect human being of any religion!), suggesting there are other kinds - like those, presumably, responsible for 9/11 - yet all Christians are tarred with the same brush.

Azad
07-30-2009, 01:22 AM
I believe that islam is the true religion because:

- The Quran is the most perfect book in the world and even though i do not know arabic, ive learn a few surahs and can recite them by heart al'hamdulilah

- when we were doing our GCSE's, it was going rough. After prayers i asked Allah to make our tests less difficult and help us get through....and we did :)

- Going to friday prayer and seeing all the different typed of culture and races come together as one. I saw a muslim african man holding the hand of a small white child which to me shows that racism does not exist is islam.

- The fact that there are soo many miracles with Allah. From Lions to Birds calling out Allahs name to tamatoes and fishes and even honey to carry the name of Allah. And theres a picture on the internet of a line of trees which says in arabic " Ash'haduan la ilaha ilallah wa ash'haduana Muahmmadan rasullallah" which means "Theres is no god but Allah and Muhammed (PBUH) is his messenger". I dont know about you Christians or Athiest or Bhuddist but if this is a coincidence then truly shaytan is your best friend.

and there are many more miracles out there and signs aswell which makes me believe that Islam is the true religion and way of life.

جوري
07-30-2009, 01:30 AM
You set a criterion and you measure against it.. of course .. the criterion is the Quran.. prior to which religion though, there needs to be, do I believe in God?..otherwise there is no point to this exercise..

all the best

Clover
07-30-2009, 01:44 AM
I don't think it is..I know it is. haha just kidding.

I don't consider mine the "truth" I consider it my way, and I don't care if someone thinks theirs is or not, as long as they leave me alone.

Salahudeen
07-30-2009, 01:58 AM
I read the Prophets peace be upon him biographie and was amazed and came to the conclusion that such things could not take place without divine intervention. I also read the Qur'an and it was as if it was talking to my soul, it would describe feelings that I felt before Islam and made me think this book is describing exactly me and my situation.

Also I had an encounter with a jinn in days of ignorance which increased my faith.

IAmZamzam
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
I have many articles on my site explaining a few reasons for this. Here are some:

A Process of Elimination Proving the Koran's Divine Inspiration

How the Koran's Parallels in Various Traditions Actually Validates It

The Magic of Surah 55

Gubbleknucker
07-30-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't think that my religion is true. I am pretty sure that it is not.
It could be, though.

In case anyone is interested, my religion is that I am God, and that I created the universe with a complete history 23 minutes ago.

Prove that this is not the case.

IAmZamzam
07-30-2009, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gubblenucker
In case anyone is interested, my religion is that I am God, and that I created the universe with a complete history 23 minutes ago. Prove that this is not the case.
If the challenge is serious: an atheist should know better than anyone (given how often they point out the fact in their writings) that you can't prove a negative.

If the challenge isn't serious: you're flametrolling.

AntiKarateKid
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gubbleknucker
It could be, though.

In case anyone is interested, my religion is that I am God, and that I created the universe with a complete history 23 minutes ago.

You have made mistakes (evident from some of your posts).
God doesn't make mistakes.
You aren't God.

If you want to make yourself out as a god that makes mistakes, then you aren't worth worshipping or fearing. Nor are you the God I worship who is above such things.

HinduIconoclast
07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
It could be, though.

Why do God-deniers like you feel the need to ask these useless questions to religious people? What are you trying to achieve? You KNOW that you're not God and you KNOW you didn't create the universe 23 minutes ago, so why do you feel the need to ridicule faith and God. Also, just because something cannot be disproven that doesn't make it true in the least bit.

There is a touchstone of theology in Islam (I am using Islam as an example because it is the most logical single religion).

God is one and only - Are you the only person to claim to be God? No.
God is eternal and absolute - Are you eternal/immortal? No.
God does not beget not was He begotten - Were you always in existence instead of being born. No, you were born like everyone else.
There is nothing like God - Are you truly unique? No, you are an atheist and so are other people. You have a physical body, five senses, etc. and so does everyone else.

God is The Only One who can create something from nothing. Can you do that? No, you can't.

جوري
07-30-2009, 10:51 PM
^^^ good post Hindu..
I used to get heated up about it too, then figured it a complete waste of my time.. since they (atheists) too have beliefs that they like to express with convictions .. I am just not sure why their expressions are so deficient .. but then the more I thought about it, the more it made sense.. there is a lack of depth that can only come from reflections and philosophy which atheism rid itself of and it makes it inherently sterile as a path of life!

peace

HinduIconoclast
07-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Thank you, sister.

I usually do not get so heated when debating with an atheist, but I take great personal offense when they insult belief in God by making fun of it and degrading it in the manner that Gubbleknucker the atheist did.

GuestFellow
07-30-2009, 11:19 PM
It could be, though.

I don't get it. You come here to discuss your beliefs and at the same time you mock our beliefs? What are hoping to achieve? Haven't you got anything productive to do in your life?

HinduIconoclast
07-30-2009, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I don't get it. You come here to discuss your beliefs and at the same time you mock our beliefs? What are hoping to achieve? Haven't you got anything productive to do in your life?
My point exactly (as I said earlier).

Tony
07-30-2009, 11:53 PM
It could be, though.

Edit as part post was deleted with good reason, but subtracted from what I wanted to say

HinduIconoclast
07-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Precisely. And in dealing with the problem of false gods of any kind we can always apply the test of Surah al-Ikhlas to disprove the existence of any god besides Allah SWT.

Gubbleknucker
07-31-2009, 06:30 AM
God is The Only One who can create something from nothing. Can you do that? No, you can't.
I did, yesterday.
God doesn't make mistakes.
You aren't God.

If you want to make yourself out as a god that makes mistakes, then you aren't worth worshipping or fearing. Nor are you the God I worship who is above such things.
I neither claimed that I was above making mistakes nor asked anyone to worship me.

I also don't like it when people fear me. It makes me hurt inside imsad

جوري
07-31-2009, 07:05 AM
pls proceed to Stockholm and pick up your Nobel prize, plus get yourself signed on some reality show.. you are wasted on a public forum!

IAmZamzam
07-31-2009, 04:43 PM
I suggest that we stop replying to Gubblenucker. A troll is wasting his time if nobody takes the bait. Not that he isn't wasting his time anyway, but still....

HinduIconoclast
07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Good point brother Yahya. Gubbleknucker is just trying to get a response out of us for his own satisfaction and he's not looking for the truth.

Follower
07-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry I have to tell this joke- Gubbler made me think of it when he said he created something out of nothing-

A scientist speaking to GOD said, “God, we don’t need you anymore. Science has finally figured out a way to create life from dirt just as you did in the beginning.”

“Oh, is that so? replies God. “Yes,” says the scientist, “scientisits can now take dirt and create life.”

“Well, that’s very interesting…says GOD, show Me.”

The scientist bends down to gather some dirt from the earth. “No, no, no…” interrupts God, “Get your own dirt.”

Tony
07-31-2009, 09:35 PM
^^ haha good one I like it

Afg
08-01-2009, 02:00 AM
I did, yesterday.
I neither claimed that I was above making mistakes nor asked anyone to worship me.

I also don't like it when people fear me. It makes me hurt inside imsad
may i know, what did you create? :)
you automatically claim that you dont make mistakes if you claim to be God. as God cant make mistake.

Gubbleknucker
08-01-2009, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afg
you automatically claim that you dont make mistakes if you claim to be God. as God cant make mistake.
Since it's MY religion, I can give MY God whatever characteristics I want.

My God can make mistakes.

Nobody worships my God, either, under penalty of being ridiculed.

Afg
08-01-2009, 02:21 AM
oh ok. since you are the God, you give watever characteristics to yourself as God, you can make mistakes, and nobody worships you. ok got it. may i still know what you created? if you dont mind off course:D

Tony
08-01-2009, 10:31 AM

Wow its gonna be so hot where your going:cry:

AntiKarateKid
08-01-2009, 08:44 PM

Then what is a god in your opinion? Under your logic you can call anything a god. But nevermind. Call what you want a god. It won't make it true nor will you be able to provide evidence for it.

Xiaus
08-01-2009, 09:22 PM

You wouldn't have to penalize people not to follow your so-called religion because nobody in their right mind would follow it anyway. How exactly can an atheist be God? And where were we all last week before you allegedly created us? That's assuming you are God, which you couldn't possibly be because the term 'God' itself implies a supernatural being devoid of imperfections and the last time I checked, mistakes aren't supernatural. Not even close. In fact, they're below average.

Sorry to shatter your fantasies but you'll have to find a new term for yourself because this one is taken.

IAmZamzam
08-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Gubblenucker, it looks to me like you're the one who started and is perpetuating the "ridicule" here. I don't know how many times I have tried in vain to explain to atheists that if they don't want to reinforce negative stereotypes about their ethical nature then they need to stop feeding into the stereotypes with all the jeering, insulting, and vitriol. You're not representing your kind well. You're just feeding the stereotypes.

HinduIconoclast
08-02-2009, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Gubblenucker, it looks to me like you're the one who started and is perpetuating the "ridicule" here. I don't know how many times I have tried in vain to explain to atheists that if they don't want to reinforce negative stereotypes about their ethical nature then they need to stop feeding into the stereotypes with all the jeering, insulting, and vitriol. You're not representing your kind well. You're just feeding the stereotypes.
I agree with you a 100% brother!

Afg
08-02-2009, 01:33 AM
all Gubbleknucker did was to say what he believes is his religion, as this thread asks why do you think your religion is true. and after all he's only said what he believes. he did not start arguing with us when we said why we think Islam is the truth.

AntiKarateKid
08-02-2009, 02:40 AM
all Gubbleknucker did was to say what he believes is his religion, as this thread asks why do you think your religion is true. and after all he's only said what he believes. he did not start arguing with us when we said why we think Islam is the truth.
Do you understand the concept of "flamebait" sis?

Afg
08-02-2009, 08:54 AM
^who is it and what is it in your term? you can explain to me if you want.

AntiKarateKid
08-03-2009, 03:31 AM
^who is it and what is it in your term? you can explain to me if you want.
Someone says something for the sole purpose of irritating the responders and flaring tempers, though they may actually believe what they are saying.

//-Asif-\\
08-03-2009, 04:35 AM
To all the folks that are taking Gubbleknucker's comments as anything other than a very lousy attempt at humor, please just don't waste your time typing up any rebuttal towards him. Leave that stuff to Gubbleknucker, he has plenty of time on his hands since he has no diety to go and worship and thank for breathing and allowing him to have the intellect and choice to disobey Him.

Afg
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Someone says something for the sole purpose of irritating the responders and flaring tempers, though they may actually believe what they are saying.
brother, im not going to argue with you over Gubbleknucker. its funny though..:). Gubbleknucker just said what he believes. but we dont believe him. it was just a respond to a thread for different religions. he might say something, and know we're not going to like it. but it shouldnt really matter, if he's purpose was to start an argument or just reply to a thread. i do understand what your saying though :).

MMohammed
08-04-2009, 11:43 AM

We dont think that our religion is true.We know our religion is true.Just step out of your home and see around yourself, there are uncountable things.Who created it?It definitely can't be a fluke or something.One Who created is who we call Allah and the men who were sent by Allah to teach people were Prophets.If there were no prophets, there wasn't any name of shame.Hindus believe that there idol created it.It even can't move the bee sitting on it!!Can it?!It even cant talk!It even can't do something and the worst, the people create it.The difference is that our God created us and they create their God! Christians believe that Jesus(ISA R.A) is the son of Allah.Can this even happen?How can a person be a son of A lord, which is completely different?And dont you know that Isa(R.A) himself said when he was borned that I have no father.
These are the two major religions so I talked about them.

qarasz
08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Assalmu allikum.....I would like to share my part.

there is to two poof for the existance of God.

1] Quran
2]heaven,earth.................all Living & Non Livingthings

1] QURAN

A
]NO ONE CAN CREATE A SINGLE SURAH IN QURAN...NO TILL DATE HAS NOT, & CANT DO THIS ITSELF MAKE WHOLE QURAN OUT OF MANS CREATION.

B]SCEINTIFIC KNOWLEDGE IN QURAN......ALL FINDS IN QURAN ARE IMPOSSIBLE 1000 YEARS BEFORE...BECS IT NEED BOTH MAN & ADVANCE EQUIPMENTS,,,.............BUT IN THE 600AD THERE NO EQUIPMENT TO FIND BY MAN.

C]HISTORICAL KNOWLEDGE IN QURAN.......WITHOUT ANY MISTAKES .........(PAST)

D]PREDICTION OF FUTURE......

E] UN COMPARABLE & APPROPRIATE LIFE STYLE ADVISED IN QUARN - IS SCEINTIFICALY,SOCIALY & ECONOMICALY FOR WELLBEING HUMAN KIND...........IS NOT MUSLIMS & NON-MUSLIMS ?

F]IT REMAINED UNALTERED SINCE IT REVELLED FROM ALL & CHALLAENGE IT STAY TILL LAST DAY.

H]ALL OTHER RELIGIOUS TEXTS LOST ITS ORGINAL EXISTANCE...AND CONTAIN SCEINTIFIC & CONTARARY MISTAKES.

WHAT MORE U NEED ....IF U HAV WISDOM..Y U COULDNT UNDERSTANT DIVINITY OF QURAN.

2]EATH&HEAVEN & LIVING & NON LIVINGTHINGS........

A] R MAN CREATED AS PER WISH OF MAN/HIS PARENTS ...ANSWER IS NO.......
HE ONLY KNOWN ABT HIS IDENTITY AFTER HE CREATED & GIVEN WISDOM
-----------THEREFORE WHO GIVEN THIS LIFE......CREATOR

THE MENTAL&PHYSICAL STRUCTURE GIVEN TO US IS NOT AS PER OUR WISH...SO DECIDED TO GIVE US THIS STRUCTURE WITH WISDOM IS SOLE OWNER OF HUMAN BEING.....SO OBEY & REPENT TO HIM

B] IF ALL WERE CREATED BECAUSE AS PROCESS OF NATURE AS PER ATHIESTS......

THEN Y THERE IS DIVISON BETWEEN LIVING & NONLIVING THING...

WHY ALL NOT TURNED TO LIVINGTHINGS.

C] IF U LOOK THE MANGO TREE...U CAN FIND HOW IT IS GROWN AND AT A SUDDEN HOW RED MANGO'S COME OUT OF THE SEEDS WHICH TASTY AND EATABLE......
CAN MAN MAKE A SMALL TREE/POWDER OF SOIL......NO............

SO MAN IS ONLY SMALL PART OF NATURE / ANOTHER MANGO TREE......

THIS ALL WORLD IS ABSOLUTE WONDER IF U THINK...SO THER IS POWER..BEHIND IT...

ITS ALLAH SWABAHAN THAHALLA.............

qarasz
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Asssalamu allikum.............

3] prophetMohammed( salawu allaiwa sallam)..................

a]1st he is honest...all muslims & non muslim...agreed....so wat he said is true.

b] his life...is miracle....its him through allah......shown....policitcal,social,economical,s ceintifcal...historical..revelation...its not possible for any person /group to make a miraculos texts like this

c] mohammed(sas)............most followed man in the world.........

d) all his action is recorded...........

jazaka llah ghair

czgibson
08-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by MMohammed
We dont think that our religion is true.We know our religion is true.
That's the kind of certainty that only religious faith can provide.

Peace

MMohammed
08-04-2009, 01:18 PM
You are right but still its like an inner feeling that Islam is correct after seeing through the different things.And its not too difficult to follow as people make it.

IAmZamzam
08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

That's the kind of certainty that only religious faith can provide.

Peace
I don't know. You certainly seem certain, or else you wouldn't be an atheist, you'd be an agnostic.

Gubbleknucker
08-05-2009, 03:15 AM
I don't understand why everyone freaked out about what I said.

There was also no need to defend it based upon it being my belief. It is not my belief.

This thread was about religion, not belief. I know many people who practice a religion they do not really believe in.

You certainly seem certain, or else you wouldn't be an atheist, you'd be an agnostic.

This has been explained many times: Atheists are generally agnostics as well. If you can give solid evidence of God's existence, I will convert, so it cannot be said that I accept atheism on faith. I don't know, and I don't believe.

"Words are slippery things, and language is inexact. Beware of assuming that you can work out someone's philosophical point of view simply from the fact that she calls herself an atheist or an agnostic. For example, many people use agnosticism to mean what is referred to here as "weak atheism," and use the word "atheism" only when referring to "strong atheism."

from http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...hew/intro.html

Definition of atheism

czgibson
08-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Greetings,
I don't know. You certainly seem certain, or else you wouldn't be an atheist, you'd be an agnostic.
Have a look at what Gubbleknucker said.

Peace

IAmZamzam
08-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm not here to debate semantics so forget I said it. I am at least glad that Gubblenucker's remarks in this thread have started veering from mockery into seriousness. I encourage him to continue it. If either he or czgibson wants to debate the existence of God then I will oblige.

Uthman
08-05-2009, 09:12 PM
If either he or czgibson wants to debate the existence of God then I will oblige.
Not in this thread, though! I doubt that czgibson will be willing to discuss the existence of God since he has discussed it to death already in this thread. Take a look - you might like to add something. :)

IAmZamzam
08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I'd rather it be in a new thread, starting with just the two or three of us, but the decision is theirs. I'm fine with either doing it or not doing it.

thetruth2009
08-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Assalam aleykoum,

Islam is the true religion.

Can somebody reply to my questions :

What is the meaning of ISLAM :

What is the meaning of MUSLIM :

Who is the first MUSLIM :

Thank you all for your replies.

Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers in ISLAM and HUMANITY.

Tony
08-05-2009, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thetruth2009
Assalam aleykoum,

Islam is from two old words, not sure if early arabic or other, but they mean peace and submission. Submit to none but Allah, and peace to all.

thetruth2009
08-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Assalam aleykoum Tony,

Thank you for your reply, its correct.

What about the fisrt muslim ?

Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers .

Tony
08-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Assalam aleykoum Tony,

Thank you for your reply, its correct.

What about the fisrt muslim ?

Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers .
Sorry bro I am awaiting an answer also, but I would hazard a guess that thwe servant that Muhammad(pbuh) freed and adopted (forgotten name sorry) would be first muslim

thetruth2009
08-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Assalam aleykoum,

Thank you Tony for your reply.

The fisrt muslim called by Allah SWT was Abraham.

The father of the three LEGISLATIONS :

- JEWS
- Christians All three are the religion of ALLAH SWT-
- the legislation of Mohamed SWS

All people think there are 3 religions, its totaly wrong, ALLAH SWT has only one religion.

Assalam aleykoum .

Assalam aleykoum.

Tony
08-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Many thanks bro, I have learned something tonight. Peace

thetruth2009
08-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Assalam aleykoum,

Look , what Allah SWT said to the prophete mohamed SWS :

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Sourate 16

123. So We have taught thee the inspired (Message), "Follow the ways of Abraham the True in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah."

What do you understand in the verse above ?

What Allah SWT asked to the prophete mohamed SWS ?

Assalam aleykoum.

thetruth2009
08-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Assalama Aleykoum,

What I notice is our OUMAA is totally wrong by saying the first MUSLIM is our prophete Mohamed SWS and he came with the religion of ISLAM.

Anybody can bring me proof that I am totally wrong ? me I can bring proof that, there is only one religion of Allah SWT.

Assalam aleykoum.

barrio79
08-06-2009, 12:28 AM
TK Tony

Remember the only true religion is cricket

and the Ashes are still in the balance , next up Headingley, Leeds , just around the corner from your place

Tony
08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barrio79
TK Tony

Remember the only true religion is cricket

and the Ashes are still in the balance , next up Headingley, Leeds , just around the corner from your place
lol, yes but you know Im a warwickshire lad really, i passed my 10yr honary northernship this yr. So really I should be behind shaky county

rpwelton
08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Assalam aleykoum,

Thank you Tony for your reply.

The fisrt muslim called by Allah SWT was Abraham.

The father of the three LEGISLATIONS :

- JEWS
- Christians All three are the religion of ALLAH SWT-
- the legislation of Mohamed SWS

All people think there are 3 religions, its totaly wrong, ALLAH SWT has only one religion.

Assalam aleykoum .

Assalam aleykoum.
Actually, technically I believe Adam was the first Muslim, as he was the first to submit to Almighty Allah. Although the Qur'an might not specifically call him such, he was the first prophet and thus the first Muslim.

alcurad
08-07-2009, 04:35 PM
^he would be too far removed from our time to count as such though, religion back then would've been extremely 'primitive', what i' saying is early humans didn't have much capacity for abstraction, as such they would appear quite different than us religous-wise.
but then again this is subjective.

Somaiyah
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Salam,
I was Christian before since all my life, which makes it 18 years as a Christian. Now I have only been a Muslim since 6 months but I have never been so sure like I am about my decision. If it's something that has helped me and gave me all answers on everything I've never gotten good answers on it's Islam. Still I go most on the evidences, explanations, beautiful texts in the Quran, hadiths and my feelings to all of it to say that Islam is the true path. Anyway for me.

Afg
08-10-2009, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,
I was Christian before since all my life, which makes it 18 years as a Christian. Now I have only been a Muslim since 6 months but I have never been so sure like I am about my decision. If it's something that has helped me and gave me all answers on everything I've never gotten good answers on it's Islam. Still I go most on the evidences, explanations, beautiful texts in the Quran, hadiths and my feelings to all of it to say that Islam is the true path. Anyway for me.
MashaAllah sis. Welcome to Islam :)

Somaiyah
08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
MashaAllah sis. Welcome to Islam :)
Salam,
Thank you sister :)

Misz_Muslimah
08-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Assalam aleykoum,

Meaning Of Islam - In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.

Meaning Of Muslim -a believer in or follower of Islam

First Muslim - Adam (May the peace and blessings of allah be upon him)

A-Believer-25
08-11-2009, 11:54 PM
There are many proofs that prove Islam is the true religion.

Clover
08-12-2009, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25
There are many proofs that prove Islam is the true religion.
You might want to add links, or what your talking about, cause people might want to see what your proof is, just a thought. Welcome, and Good Luck.

A-Believer-25
08-12-2009, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
You might want to add links, or what your talking about, cause people might want to see what your proof is, just a thought. Welcome, and Good Luck.
sure :) Here is a link with plenty of proofs. :)

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/33/

There are a lot of websites with proofs but i will use this link because it has a lot of information.

Clover
08-12-2009, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25
sure :) Here is a link with plenty of proofs. :)

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/33/

There are a lot of websites with proofs but i will use this link because it has a lot of information.
Thanks. I am not going to go check it out, but I bet someone will, thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.