/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serious sex spam issue

UmmSqueakster
07-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

The mods have been very good about getting to these reports ASAP, but members will still click on these and see these pictures before they're deleted.

I propose that new members not be allowed to post pictures, not attach files until they have 50 posts. Yes, it's an inconvenience, but inshaAllah it will help solve this issue.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-23-2009, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Assalamu Alaikum,

The mods have been very good about getting to these reports ASAP, but members will still click on these and see these pictures before they're deleted.

I propose that new members not be allowed to post pictures, not attach files until they have 50 posts. Yes, it's an inconvenience, but inshaAllah it will help solve this issue.
I support your proposal, sister.

A.Afareen
07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
assalamu alaikum

Yes that is true. but will new posters be also allowed to post links to images (hosted on external sites)? This will defeat the purpose of the aforementioned image ban.

Good job on the mods.

Beardo
07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
I have only come to this forum about a month ago, but what I have experienced today is worse than anything. And where I've come from, we have serious spam issues.

But there were a series of pictures, I saw one and ASTAHGIFURLLAH :raging::raging:

And I am saying this publicly, the ones who posted the specific picture I am referring to, I hope they are ****ed in hell forever.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
07-23-2009, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
I have only come to this forum about a month ago, but what I have experienced today is worse than anything. And where I've come from, we have serious spam issues.

But there were a series of pictures, I saw one and ASTAHGIFURLLAH :raging::raging:

And I am saying this publicly, the ones who posted the specific picture I am referring to, I hope they are ****ed in hell forever.
Though their acts were retarded, let's hope Allah guides them somehow. I do agree with the TC sister's suggestion. I'd say 100 posts though.

MMohammed
08-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Assalamu-alikum.
You can do one thing.Moderators will moderate the new user's post until they reach 50-75 posts in every section because there is a danger of sexual spam from unbelievers who try to break our harmony, they will try to post in the every section they can, they also see that if the moderation team is online or not, so appear yourself offline with the option(that makes you appear offline).If they contain quality words, then they can post without the approval or moderators.This will be hard but you can hire more moderators(like 1 moderator for 2-3 sections).So he can immidiately moderate the new posts.This indeed will not require much moderation experience too.
This is the answer for the problem; What to do if the spammers post images by IMG bbcode rather than uploading attachments.

Attachments should be for users who have reached 100 posts.

Is this a suitable idea?

El-farouk
08-10-2009, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MMohammed
Assalamu-alikum.

This is the answer for the problem; What to do if the spammers post images by IMG bbcode rather than uploading attachments.

Is this a suitable idea?
:sl:
Yes it is! & like this mods will have full control!

:wa:

- IqRa -
08-10-2009, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MMohammed
Assalamu-alikum.

Is this a suitable idea?
Agreed.

markislam
08-13-2009, 03:54 PM
oh that is why we need 50 posts, sx is a serious issue every where

MMohammed
08-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Even on my forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.