/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Origin of the word...

Lost&Found
07-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Hello,

If I am not mistaken, the arabic word for 'pea' is بازيلا.

My question is: Where does this word originate from?

Thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lost&Found
07-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Bump?

*Yasmin*
07-25-2009, 07:39 PM
there is no origin
cuz it's "inert noun" (اسم جامد) not derived noun(اسم مشتق) ..

derived noun: which is taken from the verb
inert noun : which is not taken from the verb

i hope it's not wrong :\

Lost&Found
07-25-2009, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
there is no origin
cuz it's "inert noun" (اسم جامد) not derived noun(اسم مشتق) ..

derived noun: which is taken from the verb
inert noun : which is not taken from the verb

i hope it's not wrong :\
No origin? Where was it first spoken/written? Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Yasmin*
07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
^ well i thought you are asking sarif question (a branch in Arabic Grammar)
but it seems you are asking something esle .. and i'm not sure how to answer your question
but
anaways ..
Allah says : وَعَلَّمَ آدَمَ الْأَسْمَاءَ كُلَّهَا ثُمَّ عَرَضَهُمْ عَلَى الْمَلَائِكَةِ فَقَالَ أَنْبِئُونِي بِأَسْمَاءِ هَؤُلَاءِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ صَادِقِينَ
translation :[31] And He taught Adam all the names (of everything), then He showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful."

tafsir Tafsir al-Jalalayn :
And He taught Adam the names, that is, the names of things named, all of them, by placing knowledge of them into his heart; then He presented them, these names, the majority of which concerned intellectual beings, to the angels and said, to them in reproach, ‘Now tell Me, inform Me, the names of these, things named, if you speak truly’, in your claim that I would not create anything more knowledgeable than you, or that you are more deserving of this vicegerency; the response to the conditional sentence is intimated by what precedes it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.