/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Family not too happy with my preaching

anonymous
07-26-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm in this situation where I started practising Islam 2 years ago, Alhamdulillah after Allah (SWT) guided me. I haven't been constantly high in eemaan and committed sins as well. I got back to Islam with all dedication 2 months ago and have been trying to be as good as I can be. My family is involved in many haraam practices like going to saint's tombs (sufism), backbiting, believing in stars and all such pathetic activities. They are all Muslims and are satisfied as long as I keep my faith to myself and don't preach. But when I stop them from doing something wrong, I make them very angry. I also intended to do Hifz but now I'm a student and don't have an income source so I'll have to take money from my father even if I want to do Hifz or buy some books. I don't want to take his money anymore, he already paid huge fees for my education and keeps reminding me of it. I want to move forward and forward in Islam whereas my family doesn't let me. They're even against my beard and keeping my trousers above the ankles. They want me to keep my faith locked up in a room. I try to keep my patience but feel very weak at times of trial. Can somebody give me some idea how to involve my family in my deen without making them angry.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
07-29-2009, 01:20 PM
may Allah reward u for ur faith and patience.

keep telling them about Islam but gently. otherwise they'll run from Islam.

tell them about Allah - our Creator and His attributes of Mercy, Justice. tell them about enjoyment in Paradise and pain in Hell.

give them some pamphlets about Islam. let them read it by themselves.

and ofcourse, Dua, Dua and Dua to Allah to open their hearts.

Faye
07-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Make dua for them.

Don't criticize their practices. Instead, try to get them involved in other, better practices by telling them of the virtues of them, like reading Quran, studying Ilm, etc. Inshaallah they will realize that their previous practices were wrong.

Don't cut of your relationship with them just because they are misguided. Family is family and they have very heavy rights on you. Try to gently lead them on the right path, but remember that even kaafir parents have rights on you, and your parents are Muslims.

I don't know what you can do about the money. Is your parents income source haraam? Maybe you can do some part-time work on the side to partially pay for your education, and pay your parents back later?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.