/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Laa Ilaha Illallah Part – 1: Introduction

Raiyan
07-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Laa Ilaha Illallah

Part – 1: Introduction

May gratitude be unto Allah, Lord of all the worlds, and may the Salat (Prayers) & (Blessings) be upon the sent One, mercy to all the worlds – our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and to his descendants and friends together.

Know this my brothers and Sisters – may Allah have mercy upon you – that Tawheed is Allah’s right upon His creation, and it is the reason for which we were created. Allah (SWT) says: “I (Allah) created not the jinns and the mankind (for nothing) but that they worship Me.” [Surah Adh-Dhariyat (51) V.56)]

Tawheed is to assert the Oneness of Allah Azawajal’s Lordship, Worship, His names and attributes. It is the most just possession a person can have and whoever makes Allah (SWT) one in belief and actions has done right by giving all forms of worship to the One Who deserve them, and that is Allah (SWT) Alone. Allah Ta’ala clearly states: “Allah bears witness that La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He is always) maintaining His creation in Justice. La ilah illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.”[Surah Sl-Imran (3) V.18]
Shirk, on the other hand, is to ascribe partners with Allah (SWT) in His Lordship, Worship, Names and attributes. So who ever commits Shirk has indeed committed the greatest injustices as Allah (SWT) said “When Luqman, while advising his son, said to him: "O my son! Do not ever commit shirk (associating anyone else with Allah); surely committing shirk is the worst Zulm (oppression)."[Surah Luqman (31) V.13]

Muhammad Bin Abdul Wahab (may Allah’s mercy be upon him) said: “Allah’s greatness and enormity is so large that the human brain cannot understand it.” Like He (SWT) said: “It is Allah Who keeps the heavens and the earth from slipping out of their places. Should they ever slip, none can hold them back besides Him; certainly He is Most Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving” [Surah Fatir (35) V.41]

This is just a proportion of Allah (SWT)’s greatness, yet people who have no power over any good or bad that happens to themselves are placed on Allah (SWT)’s level-and this is the greatest form of oppression and the worst form of ignorance. As the pious man (Laqman) said to his son : “When Luqman, while advising his son, said to him: "O my son! Do not ever commit shirk (associating anyone else with Allah); surely committing shirk is the worst Zulm (oppression)."[Surah Luqman (31) V.13]
*(The above taken from ‘Taareekh Najd’ – Hussain Bin Ghannaam)

Tawheed is associated with knowledge as Allah Ta’ala says: “Therefore, you should know that there is no god but Allah; implore Him to forgive your sins and to forgive the believing men and believing women; for Allah knows your activities and your resting places (in your homes).”[Surah Muhammad (47) V.19]

Shirk is associated with ignorance as Allah Taala states: “O Muhammad (SAW) say to the pagans: "O ignorant (jahiloon)! Do you order me to worship someone other than Allah?” [Surah Az-Zumar (39) V.64]

So Muslim brothers and sisters, it is compulsory for you to know what is the Tawheed that Allah (SWT) ordered upon you – with its condition and pillars. You must also know the thing which nullify it, so that you can be aware and act accordingly to keep your Tawheed for Allah (SWT) alone.

Muhammad Bin Abdul Wahab (may Allah’s mercy be upon him) said: “Know this – may the mercy of Allah be upon you – that the obligation of understanding ‘La Ilaha Illallah’ comes before the obligation of prayer and fasting, so it is compulsory that the Abd (Slave) looks for the meaning of the Shahaada with a much greater effort that he would when looking for the proper manners of prayer, fasting and the prohibition of Shirk and belief in Taghut is greater in degree than the prohibition of marrying one’s mother and aunt. So the highest level of Imaan is the Shahaadah of ‘Laa Ilaha Illallah’ – i.e. everyone should bear witness that all forms of worship are for Allah (SWT) Alone, not to a prophet nor an angel nor a leader….this is Allah’s right from all His slaves.

To disbelieve in Taghut is to reject and disassociate oneself in belief from all types falls deities and declare them as sources of Kufr (disvelief) and misguidance, be it Jinn, Human, a tree or a stone, and hate them even if it is your own Father or Brother. As for the one who says “ I do not worship other than Allah and then goes and seeks help from a grave such a person has not believe in Allah Alone – nor rejected Taghut. This topic requires long research and great effort to understand what Allah (SWT) has sent His Prophet Muhammad (SAW) with. We also need to know what the scholars said in explaining the following verse: “…Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break…”[Surah Al-Baqarah (2) V.256]
Therefore everyone should strive to learn what Allah (SWT) and His Holy Prophet(SAW) have taught us through revelation – and any one who turns away from such teachings, Allah (SWT) has indeed willed to misguide such a person because he is preoccupied with his life and hence has no excuse when he meets Him (SWT) on the final day, and Allah (SWT) knows best.

*(Above copies and translated from Majmoo’ Al Fataawi Wa Rasail Wal Ajwiba – Khamsun risaala fe atTawheed – By the Imam Muhammed Bin Abdul Wahab – Compiled by Abdullah Hajjaj – Published by Maktaba at-turah al-Islami.)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.