/* */

PDA

View Full Version : There are 2 versions of the Shahada....?

love_quran
07-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Two distinct versions of the Shahada(testification i have seen....Is there a universally acctepted version? Is there a version taken directly from the Quran or Hadith or both?

I am confused and slightly depressed about this.imsad+o(:cry:...it seems such a fundamental thing as what words one uses to convert should be simple to find out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
07-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Only one version brother

Ash hadu Allah illaaha Illallah Wa Ash hadu anna Muhammadan Abduhu Wa Rasooluh

I bear witness that none has the right to br worshipped except Allah and I also bear witness that Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam is His slave and Messenger

Brasco
07-27-2009, 03:15 PM
you might have heard the Shi'a's version too: ashadhu an la ilaha ila allah, wa ana muhammadun rasuulu allah, wa ana ali wali allah.

But there is only one as the brother said :D

alcurad
07-27-2009, 03:22 PM
ah, you mean the one where there is an "and he is Allah's servant/slave" added? that is not necessary to add, though the meaning is not different.

عن أبي عبدالرحمن عبدالله بن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنهما قال : سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول : ( بني الإسلام على خمس : شهادة أن لا إله إلا الله ، وأن محمدا رسول الله ، وإقام الصلاة ، وإيتاء الزكاة ، وحج البيت ، وصوم رمضان ) رواه البخاري و مسلم

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
love_quran
07-27-2009, 03:32 PM
I do not know whay this has to be so hard.... I keep getting different versions for the Shahada everytime i ask which one to use. Can someone please give me the answer the whole Ummah abides by? (this is getting downright depressing)

ardianto
07-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Ash hadu Allah Ilaaha Ilallah, wa ash hadu anna Muhammad Rasool Allah.

alcurad
07-27-2009, 03:47 PM
"no God but Allah, Muhammad is his messenger" is the standard and minimum, it's ok to say the others, since the meaning is not altered and they have been mentioned in several ahadeeth, but again, that is the standard.

love_quran
07-27-2009, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
"no God but Allah, Muhammad is his messenger" is the standard and minimum, it's ok to say the others, since the meaning is not altered and they have been mentioned in several ahadeeth, but again, that is the standard.
and what is that in (transliterated) Arabic?

love_quran
07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I really want to be Muslim!:shade:

alcurad
07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
la ilaha illa-llah, Muhammadun rasulullah

love_quran
07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
la ilaha illa-llah, Muhammadun rasulullah
Thank you!:shade:

- IqRa -
07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Here, this will tell you everything inshaAllaah

How to Convert to Islam and Become a Muslim

love_quran
07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey! hey! I am Muslim! "took"(not sure if that is the right verb) Shahada yesterday and I am so glad I did !

AabiruSabeel
07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
:salamext:

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
May Allah grant you firmness on Iman and enhance your understanding of Islam.

:wa:

love_quran
07-29-2009, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:salamext:

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
May Allah grant you firmness on Iman and enhance your understanding of Islam.

:wa:
Thank you Brother!

GuestFellow
07-29-2009, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
Hey! hey! I am Muslim! "took"(not sure if that is the right verb) Shahada yesterday and I am so glad I did !
Oh wow. Mashallah! May Allah watch over you and keep you safe.

islamlover_girl
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
May Allah bless u brother
I pray that Allah, The Most Merciful blesses u with strong imaan, and sincerity and piety
may Allah make it easy for u

ardianto
08-01-2009, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

:):):)

جوري
08-01-2009, 04:19 PM
:sl: akhi.. it doesn't matter what version you use so long as in your heart you profess that there is No God but Allah swt and that Mohamed is his messenger..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.