/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Self-Hypnosis

aleksy
07-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Self-hypnosis is a tool used for personal self-improvement. (eg. quit smoking, stop bitting nails, have sharp memory)

Is self-hypnosis evil or against principles of Islam to use?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
07-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Ah I don't think self-hypnosis is against principles of Islam. I heard it was used for relaxation.

ژاله
07-29-2009, 08:12 AM
whats the method to hypnotise yourself?

GuestFellow
07-29-2009, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
I found this website that explains it. http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Self-Hypnosis

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aleksy
07-29-2009, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
So what do you think about self-hypnosis?

GuestFellow
07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aleksy
So what do you think about self-hypnosis?

I did more reading on it. No it is not against our religion. Since self-hypnosis is meditation and Muslims mediate when praying Namaz.

Faye
07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Does this actually work? Have you ever tried it?

I think I couldn't do it. I've never been able to visualize anything in my mind.:embarrass

Is it possible to get lost in the trance so that you don't come out and nobody can wake you up? Like voluntarily go into a coma?

GuestFellow
07-29-2009, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
Is it possible to get lost in the trance so that you don't come out and nobody can wake you up? Like voluntarily go into a coma?
I doubt it.

From studying psychology, self-hypnosis is used for:
  • Stop unwanted habits such as smoking
  • Manage stress
  • Increase concentration
  • Improve athletic performance
  • Improve self-confidence
  • Improve sleeping
  • Achieve goals, such as weight loss or exam success

I'm not entirely sure how valid this method is.

aleksy
07-30-2009, 05:55 AM
It does not work for everyone....one must have an open mind when self-hypnotising. Some people require 2 sessions some 15 sessions for the hypnosis to take effect, and some it just does not work. I tried it and it started to work after having one session...it was freaky. I told one of my friends about it and he told me it might attracting darkness. So i stopped to seek more information from this forum :) So I am going to go back in it...Try it if it works for you... and post back feed back...

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Self-H.../dp/1402202695

Salahudeen
08-11-2009, 02:38 AM
hmmm what about sublimnal hypnosis also, where you listen to ocean waves and without you knowing it's putting affirmations into your head depending upon what topic the sublimnal tape was made for.

For example I have a sublimnal tape called stop procrastination and when I listen to that, I don't stop moving. I look and think of things to do rather than doing nothing. And when I play it, all I hear is ocean waves.

syilla
08-11-2009, 03:29 AM
is there any video on this... i think i want to try it... :hiding:

Salahudeen
08-11-2009, 01:39 PM
any video on what

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.