/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Racism, Stupidity.

Clover
08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I am going to talk about myself here, and you can take it like you want, I don't really care if you take offense to it, it is a history of my issues with racism.

I used to be a racist, I believed in a cause for Southern Independence (If you want to know what that is, look up USA Civil War, Southern States, Confederacy), and I didn't consider myself racist. I didn't ever believe in slavery. I just didn't like blacks, cause they always hated me, and always talked trash about white people when they were together, why? I do not know, maybe they had been attacked by whites before, or maybe they were just being ignorant. Then I fell in love with a girl, and she was black. Her and I no longer talk, we had issues, but she opened my eyes. Racism is just another form of ignorance like religious in-tolerance, and in-tolerance of people with different sexual orientation (Gay, Lesbian, Bi) and I decided. To shed myself of it. So, now I stand before you, a changed man, and I am very happy with this change.

How has racism affected your life? Do you ever wish you had never grew up with it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Racism comes from ignorance about other people.. sometimes you encounter folks that fit into a stereotypical prototype and it enforces and perpetuates your beliefs about them ... Racism is everywhere.. sometimes I am surprised that such small towns in remote villages manage to have negative feelings about neighboring folks, even if they may be from the same country....
It is petty, but I don't think anyone is able to fully rid themselves of it without losing some definitions of who they perceive themselves and others to be...

I hate the way Muslims are depicted and portrayed, I can't turn on my computer without something anti-islamic flashing... It used to bother me, and then I decided it isn't worth my effort.. such people love to live and breed and seethe in hatred and I think that is punishment enough as well a sad meaningless existence ...

my two cents..

Tony
08-04-2009, 09:47 PM
You grew up clover and good for you bud.

Tony
08-04-2009, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I'm glad you learnt this lesson, Clover. Good on you.

Alhamdulilah bro Tony. Were these people that were tormenting your wife muslim?
No brother, fat white English rugby watching, beer swilling, bacon eating factory fodder:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
08-04-2009, 10:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH^ i used to work with guys like that in royal mail

We had similar incidents where my small sisters were told to take off their towels by Caucasian teenage boys

iamdaguy
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
It's all about personality rather than the look. If one has fantastic personality and gets along with people easily then the race or cultural differences would not be an issue.

Tony
08-05-2009, 09:30 PM
^^^ yes normally, but theres always some bullying arse ready to try it on

Brasco
08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Well I expiernced racism but I do not know if my story falls under this category: I am a non-German and I was not born in Germany but since 1996 I've been living in Germany. When I got into the elementary school, everything was so difficult. They excluded me, when I wanted to play with them, they just refused me. For four years they had been bullying me and even hitting me after school. Whenever I told this to the teachers, they never cared and said, I still have not understood why they did this :S I was the only non german in the class. Before someone get me wrong: I do not hate any german! I have no problems with any one! but this happened to me!

Clover
08-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, I am against bullying, but I gotta admit, they probably have people that mentally bully me, but they never physically do it. I have never been pushed, and not push back, and it's just because everyone knows I am extreme into weight lifting, and are scared to put their fighting skills to the test. Plus, I am easy to get along with.

GuestFellow
08-05-2009, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brasco
Well I expiernced racism but I do not know if my story falls under this category: I am a non-German and I was not born in Germany but since 1996 I've been living in Germany. When I got into the elementary school, everything was so difficult. They excluded me, when I wanted to play with them, they just refused me. For four years they had been bullying me and even hitting me after school. Whenever I told this to the teachers, they never cared and said, I still have not understood why they did this :S I was the only non german in the class. Before someone get me wrong: I do not hate any german! I have no problems with any one! but this happened to me!
I experienced similar situation though I never got beaten. I was pretty much ignored and kids enjoyed gossiping about me.

However I did learn to be very independent. I learnt not to rely on others and I can even live my whole life being alone and without getting depressed. Also I never wasted time. I didn't have friends so I spent most of my spending thinking about my career and studying. :/

So I guess good things do come out of bad experiences.

celina
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Excellent discussion, firstly well done Clover for your honesty thats good that you are changed.

I am a practising muslim girl, my muslim identity is my head scarf. I mostly grew in a white british area were there were limited asian muslims like myself. At the age of 9 I moved there with my famliy and a few days later some youths wrote 'get out pakis' on the back gate.There were no physical attacks just verbal, however with time and through greeting and kind gestures we got ajusted and accepted in the community. I love my community they are extremely kind, however not far from me live some members of the British National Party and there hasn't been any trouble. Also I would like to make a second point, sometimes I work as supply staff at schools and when my agency sends me to only white school I get a blunt response as no one explains health and safety,policy and procedured (which are compulsory for supply staff) but out of ignorance no one bothers. Sometimes I find it hard to balance because when I go in to my own asian community I feel I am not accepted this may be because of the way I dress and sometimes people think that I am not even asian because of my looks they think Im syrian and they exclude me, it sometimes breaks my heart.

Clover
08-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Well, part of being a religious member, is trials. I mean, that is really what makes a person faithful, if you can "roll with the punches" as a good friend told me, you are stronger then others. I know only 2 Asians in my whole county, and they are both ok. One is Buddhist, although not a very eh rm..."devout" one. Like he follows custom but I think it is just cause its expected.

celina
08-06-2009, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Well, part of being a religious member, is trials. I mean, that is really what makes a person faithful, if you can "roll with the punches" as a good friend told me, you are stronger then others. I know only 2 Asians in my whole county, and they are both ok. One is Buddhist, although not a very eh rm..."devout" one. Like he follows custom but I think it is just cause its expected.
Yes I agree it is definelty a test well it has been for me anyway but Im still thankful to God it has made me more closer to my faith. I feel a lot racism exists in Britain (where I live) totally out of ignorance and lack of education for some. Personally I have a lot of white friends, get on with them fine and when I have children I would prefer it if they had mix friends to. More to the point a few of my brothers friends were attacked by whites and ended up really injured this was shocking and now a lot of young men here are learning self-defence etc, the males in my famliy are trained in kick boxing and kung fu.

Clover
08-06-2009, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by celina
Yes I agree it is definelty a test well it has been for me anyway but Im still thankful to God it has made me more closer to my faith. I feel a lot racism exists in Britain (where I live) totally out of ignorance and lack of education for some. Personally I have a lot of white friends, get on with them fine and when I have children I would prefer it if they had mix friends to. More to the point a few of my brothers friends were attacked by whites and ended up really injured this was shocking and now a lot of young men here are learning self-defence etc, the males in my famliy are trained in kick boxing and kung fu.
When it comes to street-fighting, techniques aren't what a man needs, a man needs to learn to remain calm, and know not to get over-exaggerated. All your doing is physically competing with another to see who is the better, its nothing more nothing less. Getting riled up can hurt you, cause you do stupid things. I did boxing for 3 months, and learned so much, but I would honestly prefer street fighting, it is much simpler, and it is just different. Problem is, street fighting you don't know if your gonna be ok if you get KO'ed, cause they could do things to you, that's where you have to show them where the line is.

I am going to take Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and maybe try a Kung Fu style, but I do not know. I stay away from Karate, all the kids in Karate here are all talk and show, they wouldn't last 10 seconds in a real fight, cause they learn to block "correct" moves, not real moves.

Tony
08-06-2009, 09:40 PM
When it comes to street-fighting, techniques aren't what a man needs, a man needs to learn to remain calm, and know not to get over-exaggerated. All your doing is physically competing with another to see who is the better, its nothing more nothing less. Getting riled up can hurt you, cause you do stupid things. I did boxing for 3 months, and learned so much, but I would honestly prefer street fighting, it is much simpler, and it is just different. Problem is, street fighting you don't know if your gonna be ok if you get KO'ed, cause they could do things to you, that's where you have to show them where the line is.

I am going to take Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and maybe try a Kung Fu style, but I do not know. I stay away from Karate, all the kids in Karate here are all talk and show, they wouldn't last 10 seconds in a real fight, cause they learn to block "correct" moves, not real moves.

. Peace Clover, and i hope your father is recovering well

Clover
08-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Big Guys are easier to fight, cause they always stick their face out :).

Honestly, martials arts are good, but to say "I'm a Black Belt" is annoying, cause I have seen black belts get beat by bodybuilders cause they block and then hit, and the bodybuilder just shrugs off each hit and then once he gets in a hit, the black belt is down on the ground bleeding and occasionally crying.

Tony
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Big Guys are easier to fight, cause they always stick their face out :).

Honestly, martials arts are good, but to say "I'm a Black Belt" is annoying, cause I have seen black belts get beat by bodybuilders cause they block and then hit, and the bodybuilder just shrugs off each hit and then once he gets in a hit, the black belt is down on the ground bleeding and occasionally crying.

. Respect Clover

Clover
08-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Ya, I will stop this discussion, if you wanna continue in pm, do so.

Racism is stupid, umk. (South Park Joke)

IAmZamzam
08-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Personally I've never understood racism at all. I keep telling myself that's because there's nothing understand, but then I tell myself, no, there's got to be some way to understand. It's the one vice I not only practice but cannot fathom.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.