/* */

PDA

View Full Version : coping with loss of motivation

Ummu Sufyaan
08-05-2009, 10:48 AM
:sl:
how do you overcome it. when you really need (and want) to get something accomplished, but you feel "stuck in the mud" and you don't seem to be going anywhere.
what do you do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
08-05-2009, 11:28 AM
:salamext:

Strive to do good deeds, be patient, seek help from Allah through patience and prayer and read the Qur'an often because Allah says "Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest" [13:28]. The Qur'an tells you the state of people who are in loss, and those who are in success.

Allah says about those who have succeded:

Whoever works righteousness — whether male or female — while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do. [16:79]

Ibn Katheer (rahimullah) said:

This is a promise from Allah to the one who does righteous deeds that Allah will give him a good life in this world and a good life includes all kinds of comfort and delight. It was narrated from Ibn Abbas and others that they interpreted it as meaning a goodly permissible provision, and it was narrated from Ali ibn Abi Talib (r) that he interpreted it as meaning contentment. Ali ibn Abi Talhah said, narrating from Ibn Abbas, that it means happiness. The correct view is that a good life includes all of these things. [Tafseer al-Qur’aan il-Azeem (4/601)].

And Allah says in Surah Mulk about those who have lost:

But indeed men before them rejected (My warning): then how (terrible) was My rejection (of them)? [67:17]

And He says in Surah ar-Room:

"They know only the outside appearance of the life of the world, and they are heedless of the Hereafter." [30:7]

And Ibn al-Qayyim summerised fifteen ways through which Allaah may dispel worries and regret. These are as follows:

1- Tawheed al-Rubobiyyah (belief in the Oneness of Divine Lordship)

2- Tawheed al-Ulohiyyah (belief in the Oneness of the Divine nature)

3- Tawheed of knowledge and belief (i.e. Tawheed al-Asma wa Sifaat, belief in the Oneness of the Divine names and attributes)

4- Thinking of Allah as being above doing any injustice to His slaves, and above punishing anyone for no cause on the part of the slave that would require such punishment.

5- The person’s acknowledging that he is the one who has done wrong.

6- Beseeching Allaah by means of the things that are most beloved to Him, which are His names and attributes. Two of His names that encompass the meanings of all other names and attributes are al-Hayy (the Ever-Living) and al-Qayyoom (the Eternal).

7- Seeking the help of Allah Alone.

8- Affirming one's hope in Him.

9- Truly putting one's trust in Him and leaving matters to Him, acknowledging that one's forelock is in His hand and that He does as He wills, that His will is forever executed and that He is just in all that He decrees.

10- Letting one's heart wander in the garden of the Qur'an, seeking consolation in it from every calamity, seeking healing in it from all diseases of the heart, so that it will bring comfort to his grief and healing for his worries and distress.

11- Seeking forgiveness.

12- Repentance.

13- Jihad.

14- The Prayer

15- Declaring that he has no power and no strength, and leaving matters to the One in Whose hand they are.

w/salam

- IqRa -
08-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Relax. Breathe. Think about ur goal and what is ur desire to reach it. Deep breath. Drag yourself out.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-05-2009, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
how dso you overcome it. when you really need (and want) to get something accomplished, but you feel "stuck in the mud" and you don't seem to be going anywhere.
what do you do?
:wasalamex

Bro Abd al-latif mentioned a lot, so I'll only a little thing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
08-05-2009, 12:47 PM
how do you overcome it. when you really need (and want) to get something accomplished, but you feel "stuck in the mud" and you don't seem to be going anywhere.
what do you do?
Ive been through this kind of experience and only now am i overcoming it

If something is bothering you, you need to ask Allah SWT for help. If something from the past is niggling at you, ask Allah SWT to forgive those who wronged you. InshAllah, then will you have the strength to accomplish whatever task.

David
08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Friend’s
People should want to want — not just to be there, and perform mechanically, and enjoy the rewards, but to happily and willingly work there. It is quite common to hear grievances and complaints about people — colleagues, clients, bosses etc — or about systems and processes.
Get more at http://amotivationalspeaker.wordpress.com/

Snowflake
08-13-2009, 12:11 PM
What motivates me is the awful possibility of me looking back at this this time and regretting that I didn't do what I could have then, as today I could have been enjoying the rewards of my hard work and efforts.

Also seek protection from laziness and the shaytaan :)

Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal .

O Allah , I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others) .
http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/034.html

Ummu Sufyaan
08-13-2009, 12:14 PM
^barakallahu feeki...alhamdulillah i feel better since starting this thread, but i still have them days where i feel enthusiastic and motivated then for another few days i feel the complete opposite...i need to get stuff done, but i just cant find it me :heated:

Snowflake
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
wa iyyaki.. InshaAllah keep supplicating to Allah swt and inshaAllah in no time your engines will be fired up and raring to go again :statisfie

glo
08-13-2009, 03:17 PM
what do you do?
Make yourself start whatever it is.
Once you have taken that first step it often becomes much easier to continue.

Remember, the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!
(Hoping that elephants are halaal! :D)

Snowflake
08-13-2009, 03:32 PM
^hehe nice advice Glo :statisfie

nah ellies aren't halal lol.. but a good substitute can be a jelly as big as an ellie :p

Supercareful
08-14-2009, 04:22 AM
:salamext: Ukhti Umm ul-shaheed. Peace and blessings be upon you and your family.

Can you elaborate on what issue you need most motivation on? If you can elaborate then inshallah' I can tell you how to be motivated and energetic. If it's about Islam then my sentences below should sum up to the conclusion,inshallah'.

If you lose your motivation in Islamic matters(such as:prayer,Quran,dhikr) then you should remind yourself of the message of Prophet Muhammad(Peace and blessings be upon him) and his purpose(All the Prophets message). If you make sincere du'a and dhikr you will be safe inshallah' from the temptations from the Shaytain. You will be safe but his thoughts regardless will still ponder around your mind,when that occurs you should get up do wadhu(or Ghusl*) and pray 2 Nafil rakat to clear it. After every prayer you manage you should specifically ask Allah to guide you and save you from the temptations of the Shaitain and the punishment he (Allah)beholds for us. If you feel lazy I would do one of the following two:1)When you get up,dash to the bathroom and begin wadhu(the hard part is doing Wadhu,after that is ease inshallah') or 2) Take a shower(Islamically known as Ghusl).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.