/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Project Euler?

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-05-2009, 04:17 PM
:sl:

What is Project Euler? It's this. I recently started solving these problems. If anyone else is interested, we could use this thread to discuss the problems (solution too ofcourse :D). The project can be very beneficial in sha Allah, as the solutions need to smart, "brutal force" algorithms usually don't work.

This Ummah needs experts in every beneficial science, computer sciences as one of the most beneficial, included. ;-)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grofica
08-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Forgive me but what is project Euler?

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Forgive me but what is project Euler?
Selam alejkum, Grofice. Vidi maĊĦaAllah zemljaka(inja) i ovdje. :D

Project Euler is a series of programming problems. if you want to solve a problem in an elegant way, you need some knowledge of maths, but that alone isn't enough. The problems are presented in an interesting way, so they're not boring. As you solve the problem, you sometimes need to do some little research, to learn a few new things, so summed up: a great chance to learn more about programming (and maths too).

Faye
08-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I solved some a while back, using paper-pen, and/or sibling programming skills. I have no programming knowledge at all but math is easy.

Haven't been there in a while. But isn't everyone supposed to oil on there own? Its more fun if you solve it yourself than if you have help.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdu-l-Majeed
08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
I solved some a while back, using paper-pen, and/or sibling programming skills. I have no programming knowledge at all but math is easy.

Haven't been there in a while. But isn't everyone supposed to oil on there own? Its more fun if you solve it yourself than if you have help.
Yes, of course, it's better for everyone to solve it himself/herself, but maybe someone's just stuck at a point, and needs only a little push. And we could discuss solutions, provide better or alternatives etc.

Son Of Wisdom
08-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Jazak allah kheir brother for pointing this great link.
i'm a mathematician and now doing some computer science work. I probably don't have much time to sit down and solve these problems but it is really a good exercise when one needs to muscle a bit his/her Mind.

BTW, are you an IT professional brother?

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Son Of Wisdom
Jazak allah kheir brother for pointing this great link.
i'm a mathematician and now doing some computer science work. I probably don't have much time to sit down and solve these problems but it is really a good exercise when one needs to muscle a bit his/her Mind.

BTW, are you an IT professional brother?
:wasalamex

Yes, it is a good exercise. Not much math is evolved, and in some problems only the most basic things, but it muscles one's mind, as you said.

No, brother, I'm not a professional, I'm still studying CS.

Son Of Wisdom
08-12-2009, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed

Yes, it is a good exercise. Not much math is evolved, and in some problems only the most basic things, but it muscles one's mind, as you said.

No, brother, I'm not a professional, I'm still studying CS.
Inshallah you will become a Great computer scientist and serve you Ummah with your knowledge Inshallah.
May Allah Bless you.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-12-2009, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Son Of Wisdom
Inshallah you will become a Great computer scientist and serve you Ummah with your knowledge Inshallah.
May Allah Bless you.
May Allah bless you to, brother!

In sha Allah, I hope so. :)

Ramisa
08-20-2009, 07:26 AM

Brother Majeed,are sisters allowed to participate:embarrass:?

If so,what are we exactly expected to do?

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-20-2009, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramisa

Brother Majeed,are sisters allowed to participate:embarrass:?

If so,what are we exactly expected to do?

Sure, why not. :)

Basically, everyone should try to solve a problem from the project. There's not really much work, so that requires a team. It's just a good practice for everyone.

So, everyone who's solving a problem could ask for help if help is needed, or if he or she already solved a problem the brother or sister could help others, present an idea etc.

Hassan C
08-30-2009, 11:40 AM
These are really hard for me lol. I'm good at PHP programming, not very good at Maths :(

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Well, there are really hard problems, especially towards the end. However, not all problems require Maths. If you know Maths, then it will help you, in sha Allah, but even if you don't know, there's a chance that you'll solve something, inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.