/* */

PDA

View Full Version : want to see Jews pray? DOES IT LOOK FAMILIAR?

جوري
08-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Does it astound some of you, how often others make fun of Muslim prayers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2009, 01:11 AM
:sl:

Wow very similar sis mashaAllah. Is it just me or did I hear the word saadiqeen? i heard rahma too :S Maybe my ears. Read the top bit at 6:16! Samee. They do the salaams like we do except they start from the left..subhanAllah.

Does it astound some of you, how often others make fun of Muslim prayers?
Indeed sis.

:w:

Cabdullahi
08-06-2009, 01:13 AM
it looks very similar subhanallah but i dont know if its the guy or not but its a bit scary squeezed eyes and hurried movements

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2009, 01:21 AM
I actually thought it was cool, not scary at all :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-06-2009, 01:40 AM
the words are strange.. wouldn't they better off as Muslims.. sob7an Allah.. did you see what he prayed for at 4:08?

'For the apostates, be there no exception, all heretical sectarians in an instant be extinct'.

rk9414
08-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Bowing, prostrating, kneeling are common to prayers in all three Abrahamic faiths

Look at the movements for eastern orthodox/catholic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poklon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_...ysical_posture

With regards to similarities in prayer, this is something interesting I read on another forum:

In traditional Catholic monasteries they prayed five times a day: Dawn (Matins), mid morning (Lauds), noon (Sext), afternoon (Vespers, though often this is just on Fridays), and night (Compline). These are usually done in congregation.

I'm sure there are plenty of other similarities we could find in terms of prayer

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2009, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
the words are strange.. wouldn't they better off as Muslims.. sob7an Allah.. did you see what he prayed for at 4:08?

'For the apostates, be there no exception, all heretical sectarians in an instant be extinct'.
Yea sis I saw that bit and it got me thinking lol.
They would be better off as Muslims definitely...InshaAllah.

nebula
08-06-2009, 01:53 AM
it looks familar but its not the right way, may Allah guide the jews ameen

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2009, 01:57 AM
^^Well duh :p lol. Sis Gossamer was just pointing out how we get made fun of :hmm:

Ameen.

nebula
08-06-2009, 02:10 AM
^ yeah i know :thumbs_up, its a interseting video

جوري
08-06-2009, 02:13 AM
I think the righteous Jews will come to Islam subsequent to the descent of Isa PBUH, but the majority I fear will follow the anti-christ..

Allah swt knows best...

sometimes I truly pity folks who deprive themselves of the elation of prayer and I have spent a chunk of my life dodging prayers so I can say with certainty there is a difference an anti-depressant effect in fact..
life is an alone journey.. prayers make one feel at peace, accompanied and un-abandoned.. God's door is always open even if all other doors are closed, so I don't see how anyone can let go of the only buoy to keep them afloat .. It hurts me most when it comes to people I really care for and I don't quite know how to extend my hands to them so all I can offer is my du3a-- to be honest and I know it sounds kind of cruel, but I can't think of a worst punishment for the disbelievers in this here and now save for their own sterile life style...

Cabdullahi
08-06-2009, 03:06 AM
i have something here for you guys also...i hope sister gossammer doesnt mind

north_malaysian
08-06-2009, 03:50 AM
I think the righteous Jews will come to Islam subsequent to the descent of Isa PBUH, but the majority I fear will follow the anti-christ.....
i thought only 75,000 Jews will follow the Dajjal.. which means the remaining 10 million plus will be Muslims?

syilla
08-06-2009, 03:58 AM
no wonder in islam is important to do salah according to sunnah

ardianto
08-06-2009, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
i thought only 75,000 Jews will follow the Dajjal.
Follow the Dajjal then attack Muslim's land ?
Hei, hei, that's remind me to Moshe Dayan. Many people thought Moshe Dayan was Dajjal because he had sign of Dajjal.

ardianto
08-06-2009, 04:16 AM
I have a question and I wish someone can give me the right answer.

I read in a story, one day prophet Sulaiman/Solomon (as) missed his maghreeb prayer.
My question is : What/how pray that did by prophet Sulaiman (as) ?. Pray like in the video or pray like Muslim ?.

north_malaysian
08-06-2009, 04:18 AM
please read all the comments given on that youtube video... very informative...

ardianto
08-06-2009, 04:31 AM
please read all the comments given on that youtube video... very informative...
You right, there is information on first minutes. I didn't noticed that. :)

جوري
08-06-2009, 04:36 AM
i thought only 75,000 Jews will follow the Dajjal.. which means the remaining 10 million plus will be Muslims?

Allah swt knows best but it does seem like the Jews are awaiting the anti-christ, since Jesus came to them and they denied him, the other guy will manage to fool them, but those of them who are righteous will follow Islamic monotheism when Jesus descends and he will be a witness against them (i.e those who deny him again)

anyhow there is no recitation in the world comprable to Quranic recitations..
al7mdlillah for the blessed gift of Islam.. I am really proud to belong to this ummah ...

north_malaysian
08-06-2009, 06:12 AM
anyhow there is no recitation in the world comprable to Quranic recitations..
indeed.. in fact we're hosting the 52nd International Koranic Recitation Competition here... last nite was the opening night ... if i'm not mistaken the competitors came from 43 countries.

glo
08-06-2009, 06:24 AM
Can you imagine Jews and Muslims standing side-by-side, praying together?

north_malaysian
08-06-2009, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Can you imagine Jews and Muslims standing side-by-side, praying together?
with them facing Jerusalem and we facing Mecca? hmmmm....

glo
08-06-2009, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^Well duh :p lol. Sis Gossamer was just pointing out how we get made fun of :hmm:

Ameen.
Are you suggesting the Jewish guy in the first video is making fun of Islam??

Is he not simply praying in the Jewish way? Has this Jewish way of praying not existed much longer than the Islamic prayer has? :?

جوري
08-06-2009, 06:55 PM

Is he not simply praying in the Jewish way? Has this Jewish way of praying not existed much longer than the Islamic prayer has? :?

I am at a loss as to how you've come up with such a conclusion?
The vid clearly shows that Jews pray as Muslims do with minor variations.. and for the most part respected for it.. try that in comparison of some of the vile depiction they have of Islamic prayer on TV as lampoons, and some which I was a plain eye witness too..
bowing like dogs and saying bologna bologna salami I take isn't a respectful attitude toward how or why Muslims pray!

all the best

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2009, 06:55 PM

I'm really not sure where I suggested the guy in the video is making fun of Islam? Did I? Maybe you didn't notice Gossamer's statement below the video? I was talking about those who do make fun of us, which is what Gossamer said and what I was explaining to nebula.

Amadeus85
08-06-2009, 07:11 PM
The guy's prayer looks very similar to muslims' prayer, but is he an orthodox jew or from some sect?

جوري
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
He is a traditional jew, did you not see him 4 mins into his prayer asking God to smite sects and apostates?

Snowflake
08-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow nice. I'm not surprised their prayer is similar to ours, they were taught by Allah's prophet after all. He seemed to have so much feeling there. May Allah guide him to the Truth. :(

aadil77
08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
sounds like arabic, end of the day still kuffar - some bloodthirsty ones

جوري
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a grand favor to ask since my desktop is down and it is what I have always used for my itouch Itunes.. can someone use Zamzar to conver the file on post 19 for me, so I can upload it on itouch both as a video and on playlist....

Jazakoum Allah khyran..

GreyKode
08-06-2009, 08:44 PM

i've seen this video and went through a discussion in the comments, this guy's name is omed yashar, some of his fellow jews have disagreed with him on this being the right way to pray in judaism, and finally he says that it is due to muslims that this way of prayer of judaism has been revived.

Tony
08-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Sister Skye another interesting thread, as far as your question Does it look familiar, yes it does but I do not recognise it, and insha'Allah no muslim ever will

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
you are making a mistake, Allah SWT say the last prophete in arabic, last NABYY, can you bring me the verse where Allah SWT say that he is the last messenger ?
Are you for REAL?

{This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion.} (Quran, 5:3)

Muhammad is not the father of any male among you, but he is the messenger of God and the seal of the prophets; and God is aware of all things (33:40).

Abu Huraira reports that the prophet said:

"My position, in relation to the prophets who came before me, can be explained in the following example: ‘A man erected a building and adorned his edifice with great beauty, but he left an empty niche in the corner, where just one brick was missing. People looked around the building and marveled at its beauty, but wondered why a brick was missing from that niche! I am like unto that one missing brick and I am the last in line of the prophets.’" (Bukhari and Muslim.)

The prophet(saw) said:

"The chain of messengers and prophets has come to an end. There shall be no messenger nor prophet after me." (Bukhari and Muslim.)

3:48 "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

WayuAAallimuhu alkitaba waalhikmatawaalttawrata waal-injeela

3:49 "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

Warasoolan ila banee isra-eelaannee qad ji/tukum bi-ayatin min rabbikum annee akhluqulakum mina altteeni kahay-ati alttayrifaanfukhu feehi fayakoonu tayran bi-ithni Allahiwaobri-o al-akmaha waal-abrasa waohyeealmawta bi-ithni Allahi waonabbi-okum bimata/kuloona wama taddakhiroona fee buyootikum inna fee thalikalaayatan lakum in kuntum mu/mineena.

3:84 Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)."

Qul amanna biAllahiwama onzila AAalayna wama onzila AAalaibraheema wa-ismaAAeela wa-ishaqawayaAAqooba waal-asbati wama ootiya moosawaAAeesa waalnnabiyyoona min rabbihim lanufarriqu bayna ahadin minhum wanahnu lahumuslimoona

3:85 If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).

Waman yabtaghi ghayra al-islamideenan falan yuqbala minhu wahuwa fee al-akhirati minaalkhasireena

3:86 How shall Allah Guide those who reject Faith after they accepted it and bore witness that the Apostle was true and that Clear Signs had come unto them? but Allah guides not a people unjust.

Kayfa yahdee Allahu qawman kafaroobaAAda eemanihim washahidoo anna alrrasoola haqqunwajaahumu albayyinatu waAllahu layahdee alqawma alththalimeena

Stop taking her thread off topic. Go open your own thread and put all ur jargin there...ty.

جوري
08-06-2009, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
Sister Skye another interesting thread, as far as your question Does it look familiar, yes it does but I do not recognise it, and insha'Allah no muslim ever will

Jazaka Allah khyran..

sob7an Allah, I didn't even notice this comment..in the midst of all the rest.. this thread had turned into a big hairy sponge that I didn't want to touch with a stick :hmm:;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2009, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
i've seen this video and went through a discussion in the comments, this guy's name is omed yashar, some of his fellow jews have disagreed with him on this being the right way to pray in judaism, and finally he says that it is due to muslims that this way of prayer of judaism has been revived.
MashaAllah, that's wicked...but it'd be sooo much better if he was Muslim :p

thetruth2009
08-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers,

I would like to apologize if I said something wrong to you .

I ask Allah SWt to forgive us and guide us, Ameen.

Eric H
08-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Greetings and peace be with you rk9414;
I'm sure there are plenty of other similarities we could find in terms of prayer
The same One God hears all our prayers.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Alphadude
08-08-2009, 02:17 AM
never saw jews praying this way i seen it the other way u know they face the wall and shake there heads that i seen but not this and i have seen some of u keep saying they are better off muslims,no offence but why would u say that just bcoz how they pray or something else what if they say the same thing to muslims or christians etc , we cant say like this its not right just bcoz of how they pray or something else u may think of it as weird maybe that why but its not, at the end if u see every 1 prays deferent but they all pray to one god tell me if im wrong.
peace

glo
08-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I am at a loss as to how you've come up with such a conclusion?
The vid clearly shows that Jews pray as Muslims do with minor variations.. and for the most part respected for it.. try that in comparison of some of the vile depiction they have of Islamic prayer on TV as lampoons, and some which I was a plain eye witness too..
bowing like dogs and saying bologna bologna salami I take isn't a respectful attitude toward how or why Muslims pray!

all the best
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I'm really not sure where I suggested the guy in the video is making fun of Islam? Did I? Maybe you didn't notice Gossamer's statement below the video? I was talking about those who do make fun of us, which is what Gossamer said and what I was explaining to nebula.
Hi, you two.

I did read Skye's comments, Light ... and that's exactly where my misunderstanding stemmed from.

I saw a video of a Jewish guy praying and then read Skye's comment "Does it astound some of you, how often others make fun of Muslim prayers?"
I understood 'others' to mean 'non-Muslims' (including the Jew in the video), whereas I now (having read Skye's explanation) understand that Skye meant 'others who intend to mock Islam' - not including the guy in the video.

Clearly you understood Skye's meaning and intention better than I did, Light! :)

I apologise for misunderstanding and jumping to the wrong conclusion! Please accept my apology. :embarrass
(Makes mental note not to post first thing in the morning ... :D)

Salaam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey Glo0o :p

It's ok. I thought her statement was easy to understand. No need to apologize.

Peace :)

north_malaysian
08-10-2009, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84
never saw jews praying this way
it's mentioned that the Jews abandoned this praying methods centuries ago.. and the Yemenite Jews just abandoned it 100 years ago... these small minority of Jews are reviving it...

I wonder why the just abandoned it...

جوري
08-10-2009, 02:02 AM
^^ because they're 'God's chosen'.. since everyone else is astray, God will have no choice but to exempt them from their religious duties...

جوري
08-11-2009, 03:13 AM
I have a grand favor to ask since my desktop is down and it is what I have always used for my itouch Itunes.. can someone use Zamzar to conver the file on post 19 for me, so I can upload it on itouch both as a video and on playlist....

Jazakoum Allah khyran..

:bump1: :embarrass:embarrass
I tried zamzar but for some reason it isn't like I remember..
also my itouch used to be able to receive youtube vids wirelessely anymore, now it keeps giving me the message ''this movie couldnt be played'' with a cheeky OK :raging::raging::raging:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Yours is wireless sis? I can't use my itouch outside my home unless im in someone elses house...or just somewhere where it's got a connection I could use...:/ Also for sum reason, like if i use youtube on my pc, some of those vids dont show up on the itouch.

جوري
08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I only use it at home wirelessly .. now all the vids of youtube show up but don't play...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
oh i understood wrong. get it checked sissss or somethin. mine works fine.

جوري
08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't want it checked, since all the other functions work fine, all I really want is for someone to convert post number 19 for me using zamzar since it no longer works on my desktop which is what I have used to upload all into my itouch, I can't simply use my laptop, since apple is rather funny that way when using itunes.

A-Believer-25
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I think there are places in the Bible where Prophet Jesus (Peace be upon him) would prostrate to God. All the prophets (Peace be upon them all) would prostrate to God while praying. We Muslims have to prostrate to God five times a day. :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
o0o i didnt see dat. let me try n convert it sis inshallah.

جوري
08-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Jazaki Allah khyran :smile:

Danah
08-16-2009, 01:15 PM
subhanAllah!!!!
many similarities:
1. no shoes while praying
2. the stance
3. the status of hands, the right one above the left hand!!
4. the prostration somehow

the language is strange to me but I did hear some familier words like: al Hay al qaiuoom
there are many similarities between the Semitic languages

Jazakoum Allah khyran..

sis, use this link to download youtube videos as MPEG-4 format which is compatible with the ipod touch
http://keepvid.com/

format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
:ooh: subhanAllah!!
May Allah guide them

جوري
08-16-2009, 04:50 PM
I must publicly Thank, sister Light Of heaven, for not just helping me with the above surah, but suret Al-baqara as well, may Allah swt reward her for such a tremendous effort..

malayloveislam
08-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Jazakallah for the thread,

I never realize that Jews prayed like Muslim way, in the respect of prostration and the place of hand, also the way they hold their hand in du'a. I heard from my Ustaz (Lecturer) of Usuluddeen that, he says Jews don't pray after they were chased from Jerusalem. I don't know whether this is from a source or based from his own opinion. He said Jews don't want to prostrate to G-d anymore until they got back the land of Israel? So, they just step three times, something like that when it is the turn to prostrate during their prayer. I really want to meet that lecturer again and asking him further but too bad I'm graduated last week, can't be in the university because it's in the North, far from my dwelling place.

In respect to Buddhist prayers, it's weird for me to see a woman monk. Maybe the woman monk is from Vajrayana (Thunderbolt-Tantra) school. In Theravada school which I'm familiar with, I only see men as monks. Women who enter monastery in Theravadin tradition is known as Pujanam who wears white robes, but they do not shave their head. I guess, long time ago, there are women monks, but nowadays I don't know why Theravada school only has men monks in Wat (Monastery). The way she shows about Buddhist prayer looks almost alike Hindu way of prayer. I've seen a Hindu prays his personal prayer in a Muruga (Shaivaite) Small Temple in a rubber estate during my way back to my village in North.

According to my friend, as he is a traditional Thai Buddhist, Buddhist like him prays 3 times a day. Once in the morning, once in afternoon, and once in the night before sleeping. They have several chants in prayer and also have prostration, maybe to Buddha. But he said he do not view Buddha as a G-d. He don't know who is G-d and also refuse to retaliate Buddha with Vishnu like Vaishnava Hindus said. I also had kept a book given by a Chinese Buddhist preacher of Amitabha (Mahayana) school. It shows a woman prays in front of Buddha image and they have bowing, and prostration but differently to Muslim because they have Anjali (like when you say Namaste in Hindi movie).

Oh, yeah, according to Theravada Buddhist tradition, monks do not perform the act of prayers. Only civilians pray. Monks only chant mantras and meditate. So, if you try to search in youtube about Theravada monks prayers, you can't find one. They don't pray anymore.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.