/* */

PDA

View Full Version : parents rights over kids and vise versa

Ummu Sufyaan
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
:sl:
what are the rights of the parents over their kids and like wise what are the rights of the kids over their parents. i know refusing a forced marriage by your parents is permissible, but what (if anything) else is there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afifa
08-08-2009, 09:08 PM
:sl:

Well ofcourse thier are the basics that the parents bring up the children in a good way. Take Care of them. Give them an islamic Upbringing. Teach them right and wrong etc
And in return the child needs to listen to their parents, Take care of them when they can, Give them respect etc.
Then the same for individual matters for example like you said marriage the parents can't force a child to marry.

Clover
08-08-2009, 09:12 PM
I think parents should have a lot of rights over kids, but they should also respect and treat the kids properly to their age. My parents treat me like I am 10, even though I am 16. That is part of life, but I do not like when they say stuff like "I am your mother" and? Yes, your my mother, but you do not own me, you have me, their is a difference.

I think parents give up the rights to their kids when they use them as a punching bag, or as a toy, or sell them for drugs/sex.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.