/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My first Ramadan

love_quran
08-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I understand that Ramadan is beginning August 13(?) Besides the required fasting from food and drink between sunrise and sunset what are the other requirements?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rk9414
08-06-2009, 07:06 PM
First day of Ramadan will be Saturday, August 22, 2009 according to Islamic Society of North America.

Some rules and recommendations pertaining to fasting

B) Fasting according to the Sunnah:

1) Take sahur (pre-dawn meal). It is Sunnah and there is a great reward and blessing in taking sahur. The best time for sahur is the last half hour before dawn or the time for Fajr prayer.

2) Take iftar (break-fast) immediately after sunset. Shari'ah considers sunset when the disk of the sun goes below the horizon and disappears completely.

3) During fast abstain from all false talks and deeds. Do not quarrel, have disputes, indulge in arguments, use bad words, or do anything that is forbidden. One should try to discipline oneself morally and ethically, beside gaining a physical training and discipline. One should also not make a show of one's fasting by talking too much about it, or by showing dry lips and hungry stomach, or showing bad temper. The fasting person must be a pleasant person with good spirit and good cheer.

4) During fast one should do acts of charity and goodness to others and should increase his/her worship and reading of the Qur'an. Every Muslim should try to read the whole Qur'an at least once during the month of Ramadan.

C) Things that invalidate the fast:

One must avoid doing anything that may render one's fast invalid. Things that invalidate the fast and require qada' (making up for these days) are the following:

1) Eating, drinking or smoking deliberately, including taking any non-nourishing items by mouth, nose or anus.

2) Deliberately causing oneself to vomit.

3) The beginning of menstrual or post-childbirth bleeding even in the last moment before sunset.

4) Ejaculation out of sexual excitement from kissing, hugging, etc.

5) Eating, drinking, smoking or having sexual intercourse (while fasting) after Fajr (dawn) on mistaken assumption that it is not Fajr time yet. Similarly, engaging in these acts before sunset on the mistaken assumption that it is already sunset time.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546140

peaceandlove
08-08-2009, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
I understand that Ramadan is beginning August 13(?) Besides the required fasting from food and drink between sunrise and sunset what are the other requirements?
:wa:

first , it nice to hear that you are now our Muslim brother ,

well , rk9414 already given you some nice advice , what i can advice is to try overcome any bad habbit/thing ,becasue it very easy in ramzan to overcome any bad habbit and then retain it for the whole year , if the mosque is near you try to pray all the prayers in the mosque and spent some time in mosques to learn with your brothers, also if you can do offer "travi" (IF YOU DONOT KNOW WHATS THIS "TRAVI' MEANS, I WILL REQUEST SOME BODY ELSE TO EXPLAIN AS I AM UNABLE TO DEFINE IT PROPERLY AS MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD) although it is not furz(necessary).

ya, finally , please share your experience with us after inshahallah offering your first fast , how did you feel and how did you spend your day.;D

leen
08-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Asslamualikum

welcome my Brother (love Quraan)

The Brothers told you the most thinga we are doing on Ramadan(Barak Allah fihem)

just i want to add if you can travel to saudi Arabia on Ramadan to perform _Umra_
& visit the Holy places (Makkah almukarmah & Almadinah almukwarrah) ,you can do Umra any time on the year but there is more reward (ajr) from Allah if you perform it on Ramadan.

There is another important point that the last 10 days from Ramadan (Alashr alawakher)
very special & you try to increas your worship at this day specially at night times becuose one of this nights is (lailatalQadr) & we dontknow in which night it will come from this 10 nights thats why we should try to do more worship in all this time
& in this nights allah will give you all what you ask Him(Duaa) inshaalah

my Brother Dont think its difficult or Hard work becouse Ramadan have special taste we miss it all the year & waiting for it ...

Finally my Brother iam sorry for my way to write becouse Iam Arabic (saudi)& my English is weak & i want to tell you more about the Holy month but i dont know enough words..

wasslamualikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
08-08-2009, 11:57 PM
look out for laylatul qadr in the last 10 days and its signs

love_quran
08-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you all for your good help. I am really looking forward to Ramadan very much. Also, for those who are saying they do not know english well, you are doing wonderfully at explaining things. I hope some day my Arabic is as good as your english! :)

- IqRa -
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Congratulations on your first Ramadan. May Allaah make it an easy one for you, Ameen =)

love_quran
08-12-2009, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Congratulations on your first Ramadan. May Allaah make it an easy one for you, Ameen =)
Thank you, I pray we all have a sucessful(not sure if this the correct/appropriate adjective here) Ramadan.

ardianto
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Thank you, I pray we all have a sucessful(not sure if this the correct/appropriate adjective here) Ramadan.
There is a sunnah for iftar (break-fast after sunset). Eat sweet food.
You can eat sweet cockies or if you want to follow RasulAllah Muhammad (saw), start with drink water and eat three pieces of dates, then shalaah maghreeb. After shalaah maghreeb you can dine.

waleedsss
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Dear new Muslim!!
where r u living?? as we mentioned before, Thanks to Allah, I am working in Conveying Islamic Message Society which can send free Islamic books all over the world.
We can send your arabic/english translation of Quran.
May Allah guide all of us to the right way.
Your brother in Islam,waleed, from Egypt:thankyou:

blackgirl92
08-12-2009, 09:41 PM
aasalamu aleykum brother:)
This is your first ramadan as you said. I'd love to know what you're feeling now and what you will feel in ramadan. you must be excited:) would you share your feelings with us?

rpwelton
08-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Just a quick clarification aside from the date (which someone else already corrected). Fasting begins at dawn (fajr time), not sunrise.

May Allah bless you this month and give you strength.

markislam
08-13-2009, 03:59 PM
interesting to read all this

A.M.H.
08-13-2009, 04:44 PM
:sl:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever fasted the month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith (i.e. belief) and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his past sins will be forgiven, and whoever stood for the prayers in the night of Qadr out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven ."

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
look out for laylatul qadr in the last 10 days and its signs
Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle said, "Search for the Night of Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadan."

:w:

Ansariyah
08-13-2009, 04:52 PM

مَنْ لَمْ يَدَعْ قَوْلَ الزُّورِ وَالْعَمَلَ بِهِ فَلَيْسَ لِلَّهِ حَاجَةٌ فِي أَنْ يَدَعَ طَعَامَهُ وَشَرَابَهُ
“Whoever does not give up lying and evil actions, then Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink” [Saheeh al-Bukhari]

Muslimlearner
08-13-2009, 05:30 PM
When you fast,you'll be happy two times,insha-Allah:

1st-when you break your fast
2nd-in the Hisab

I am so happy for you brother :statisfie,I know what you feel,the iman become stronger with the fasting,may Allah make it easy for you!

Muslimah4Eva x
08-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Its inshallah gonna start on the 22nd August..

gang4
08-18-2009, 02:28 PM
If you do not mind, I'd like to share a bit experience of fasting...

When I feel a physical constraint due to whatever reasons... I notice something inside just lighting up.. it's a beautiful feeling...hard to describe... but it hardly appears when I have an easy day of fasting...

easy or not, we are fasting to please Allah (SWT).. to do what Allah commands us to do...
SubhanAllah!

Grace Seeker
08-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Love_Quran

I know you are new to your walk as a follower of Islam, but maybe not so new. Even before you became a Muslim, I believe that you were seeking to follow and submit to God's will for your life.

Coming from a Christian pastor, this might seem strange to some, but I too wish you a blessed Ramadan. Even though you no longer consider yourself a Christian and have left that which is my own faith behind, this remains a sincere wish for you and all who follow Islam.

I remember my first Ramadan. No, I don't keep it exactly as Muslims are supposed to, but I do keep it in my own way. I began when my daughter, a Muslim, lived with us. And as I shared with a fellow pastor just yesterday, I find the discipline of prayer and fasting that is so much a part of Ramadan a truly spiritually enriching experience. So, I have adopted those disciplines as a part of my own spiritual journey each year since.

Remember that as you turn aside from food and drink during the day, to turn toward God. Let not only your set of beliefs (or iman) grow stronger, but even more importantly let your connection with God grow as well.

This is a special time for Muslims. It is can become all about ritual and rules, but I believe God blesses us most in it when we utilize these tools that he gives us to be more fully and richly in tune with his will for our lives and his desire to bless us with his own presence. May you find that in your celebration of your first Ramadan.

happynur
08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
fasting is the way that Allah wants to train us to be a better man after we through it....
if we are fasting only to food, it's ok
but if we are fasting not only to food but our heart is fasting also... it would be great...

happy fasting my brother :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.