/* */

PDA

View Full Version : namaz place

mn ansari
08-07-2009, 02:35 AM
Can somebody tell me Whether I can Pray Namaz in the attached toilet room where the wall of toilet comes in front of me.+o(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-07-2009, 04:03 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by mn ansari
Can somebody tell me Whether I can Pray Namaz in the attached toilet room where the wall of toilet comes in front of me.+o(

If u are sure , the wall is clean i.e the place you are offering salat is clear / no impure things are there , InshaAllah it's ok . But for men , it's better to go to mosque for salat .

aadil77
08-07-2009, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

If u are sure , the wall is clean i.e the place you are offering salat is clear / no impure things are there , InshaAllah it's ok . But for men , it's better to go to mosque for salat .
Yeh he might be at work so he might have to try things like that

mn ansari
08-07-2009, 12:31 PM

Sukriya

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoorInaya
08-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Asalaamu Alaikam,

It doesn't matter where the toilet is in association to the room where you are praying. You just cannot pray in the room where the toilet is actually located.

As for the wall being clean and all that, all you need is a spot on the floor to pray that is clean (for those who may be working in a factory or warehouse, you cannot find a "neat and clean" wall). Use a jainamaz (prayer rug), or clean towel (if you do not have a proper prayer rug). Also, there should be no images of people or animals on the wall that you are facing.

wasalaamz,

Muslim Woman
08-10-2009, 01:16 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by NoorInaya
Asalaamu Alaikam,

...You just cannot pray in the room where the toilet is actually located.

ummm will u pl explain ? We are not allowed to pray in a room if there is attached toilet ?? I can understand we can't pray inside the toilet as there might be unclean / impure things but not even at the attached room ??

NoorInaya
08-10-2009, 02:56 PM
:wa:
ummm will u pl explain ? We are not allowed to pray in a room if there is attached toilet ?? I can understand we can't pray inside the toilet as there might be unclean / impure things but not even at the attached room ??
That's what I said. You can pray in ANY room but the bathroom itself. It doesn't matter if it's the next room over from where you are praying (or that the toilet is attached to the very wall that you are facing). Where the bathroom is in association to the room that you are currently in has no bearing at all.

The wall serves the function of being your "sutra," that is, the thing that you pray in front of. The sutra acts as a barrier, allowing people to pass in front of you while praying. Any thing can be used as a sutra. If you are close to the wall (where no one can pass between you and it), then the wall itself is the sutra. Whatever is on the other side of the sutra does not matter at all.

The Prophet (saws) would use a camel saddle as his sutra when he was praying in the open, as illustrated by the following hadith:

Volume 1, Book 9, Number 485:
Narrated Nafi:

"The Prophet used to make his she-camel sit across and he would pray facing it (as a Sutra)." I asked, "What would the Prophet do if the she-camel was provoked and moved?" He said, "He would take its camel-saddle and put it in front of him and pray facing its back part (as a Sutra). And Ibn 'Umar used to do the same." (This indicates that one should not pray except behind a Sutra). (Sahih Bukhari)
Hope that clarifies the meaning of my original post.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.