/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Best Hadith?

Misz_Muslimah
08-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Whats your best hadith that you have found beneficial ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
08-13-2009, 09:36 AM
“If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves…”

Muslimah4Eva x
08-15-2009, 08:37 PM
The prophet Muhammed (p.b.u.h) said: "Paradise is under your mother's feet".

RaeeceibnKazim
12-13-2009, 05:58 PM
On the authority of Abu Umamah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

'Truly of those devoted to Me the one I most favour is a believer who is of meager means and much given to prayer, who has been particular in the worship of his Lord and has obeyed Him inwardly (1), who was obscure among people and not pointed out, and whose sustenance was just sufficient to provide for him yet he bore this patiently.'" Then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) rapped his hand and said: "Death will have come early to him, his mourners will have been few, his estate scant."

(1) i.e. he has not been ostentatious in his obedience.

[At-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal and Ibn Majah). Its chain of authorities is sound.]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
12-13-2009, 06:05 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
“If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves…”
Do you have a reference for this, sister?

crayon
12-13-2009, 06:18 PM
^Wa alaikum asalam

Hmmm, I did some quick research and to my surprise it's doubted that it's even a hadith! I had always thought it was, but apparently it's not an authentic saying of the prophet peace be upon him. I guess the idea still holds true, though, just not as words of the prophet.

_PakistaN_
12-13-2009, 06:21 PM
"Be in this world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer"

I'm gonna post a few more later.

Uthman
12-13-2009, 06:22 PM
^Wa alaikum asalam

Hmmm, I did some quick research and to my surprise it's doubted that it's even a hadith! I had always thought it was, but apparently it's not an authentic saying of the prophet peace be upon him. I guess the idea still holds true, though, just not as words of the prophet.
Hmm. Maybe the words were uttered by a great scholar of the past. I think it's meaning is sound though.

And Allah knows best.

RaeeceibnKazim
12-13-2009, 06:47 PM
السلام عليكم

:sl:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: 'Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.'"

[Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).]

RaeeceibnKazim
12-14-2009, 07:07 AM
On the authority of Al-Numan bin Basheer, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah say :

"That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful...

p narrated by Bukhari and Muslim

brotherubaid
12-19-2009, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah4Eva x
The prophet Muhammed (p.b.u.h) said: "Paradise is under your mother's feet".
Yes a famous hadeeth and this is exactly how its quoted , even though it means the same thing as the comkplete narration but lets look at the narration and InshahAllah u will find JUST how important moms n parents in general are and how the Hadeeth is actually , The hadith is usually quoted as the sister quoted in short to give its summarized meaning

Here it is

Narrated Ahmad and An-Nasaa’ee, from Mu’aawiyah ibn Jaahimah As-Sulamee: My father, Jaahimah (raa) went to the Prophet - Sal Allahu alayhi wa Sallam - and asked, “O Messenger of Allah, I would like to go out and fight for the sake of Allah, and I have come to you for advice.” The Prophet - Sal Allahu alayhi wa Sallam - asked him, “Is your Mother alive?” He said, “Yes.” “Then stay near her,” advised the Prophet - Sal Allahu alayhi wa Sallam, “For at her feet is Jannah!”

Misz_Muslimah
12-20-2009, 02:05 PM
^ Jazaakalahu khyaran for the full version..I like this hadith:

1393. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: On the Night of Al-Isra (the Night of Ascension) the Prophet (PBUH) was presented with two drinking vessels: one full of wine and the other one full of milk. He looked at them. Then he took the vessel which was full of milk. Thereupon Jibril (Gabriel) said: "Al-hamdu lillah (praise be to Allah) Who has guided you to that, which is in accord with Fitrah (i.e., Islamic Monotheism; pure nature of Islam). Had you selected wine, your people would have gone astray.''
[Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith highlights the following points:

1. Islam is a religion which matches with the pure nature. Every sensible person accepts it instinctively.

2. One who is endowed with the capacity and aptitude to do good should praise Allah.

3. Wine is the root of all evils and for this reason has been regarded the "Mother of Vices''.

brotherubaid
12-20-2009, 04:34 PM
May Allah reward u for the beautiful Hadith.

Its hard to Pick , I mean there are soo many beautiful Ahadith , This is a great Thread by the way , inshahAllah it will benefit a lot. May Allah reward the sahaba for narrating them so they reached us ,and reward those who recorded them and the Scholars of old and present and all eras who exceled in the science of Hadith and researched and worked hard to take the weak and fabricated away from the authentic n the sound and saheeh ahadith, May Allah reward the people of hadith , old and present for their efforts.

I will share this hadith with u all today , Please take a minute with it and think about it.

Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said:
"If Allah loves someone He calls (angel) Jibreel and says: I
love so-and-so, so you love him. Jibreel loves him, and calls
the other angels in Heaven to love that person. They love him,
then his love will be made upon earth, and he becomes loved.

"And if Allah hates someone He calls Jibreel and says: I hate
so-and-so and you hate him. Jibreel hates him and calls the
angels in Heaven and says: Allah hates so-and-so, so you all
hate him. They all hate him, and his hatred is made upon earth
and he becomes hated." - Muslim

This hadith is so amazing , One can pick out benefits from it as much as one wants n it will still have more points of benefit in it.

I wont coment but will ask everyone in here to picture this , Imagine it , use ur imagination and think about it n ponder over it... n may Allah make us all of those who work hard to get close to Allah and get the Love of Allah.

Misz_Muslimah
12-20-2009, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
May Allah reward u for the beautiful Hadith..
Ameen

Its hard to Pick , I mean there are soo many beautiful Ahadith , This is a great Thread by the way , inshahAllah it will benefit a lot. May Allah reward the sahaba for narrating them so they reached us ,and reward those who recorded them and the Scholars of old and present and all eras who exceled in the science of Hadith and researched and worked hard to take the weak and fabricated away from the authentic n the sound and saheeh ahadith, May Allah reward the people of hadith , old and present for their efforts..
Ameen to all the duas :statisfie

I will share this hadith with u all today , Please take a minute with it and think about it.

This hadith is so amazing , One can pick out benefits from it as much as one wants n it will still have more points of benefit in it.

I wont coment but will ask everyone in here to picture this , Imagine it , use ur imagination and think about it n ponder over it... n may Allah make us all of those who work hard to get close to Allah and get the Love of Allah.
Mashallah, I've heard this hadith many times ..
May allah make us among the successful on the day of ressurection, have mercy on us and make our good deeds outweigh our bad..ameen

Insaanah
12-20-2009, 04:51 PM

Ameen. May allah reward you for sharing this hadeeth with us. It is beautiful, yet frightening at the same time, and makes you think about how to avoid being in the second category. Its meanings are extremely profound. May give us all the tawfeeq to do deeds which enable us to fall into the first category. Ameen.

Misz_Muslimah
12-20-2009, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
May allah reward you for sharing this hadeeth with us. It is beautiful, yet frightening at the same time, and makes you think about how to avoid being in the second category. Its meanings are extremely profound. May give us all the tawfeeq to do deeds which enable us to fall into the first category. Ameen.

:wa:
What you said is so true and ameen to the dua..

brotherubaid
12-21-2009, 09:08 PM
I wana share some ahadith in this thread that are very relevant to the month we are living in the month of muharram.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best fasting after Ramadaan is the month of Allaah Muharram, and the best prayer after the obligatory prayer is prayer at night.” Narrated by Muslim, 1163.

But it was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not fast any month in full apart from Ramadaan, so this hadeeth is to be understood as meaning that it is encouraged to fast a lot in the month of Muharram, not to fast the whole month.

Tenth OF Muharram "The Aashooraa"

The day of ‘Aashoora’ which is the tenth of Muharram. It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) was asked about fasting on the day of ‘Aashoora’. He said, “I do not know of any day on the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted that was better than this day and any month that was better than this month, meaning Ramadaan.” (al-Bukhaari, 2006; Muslim, 1132). It is Sunnah to fast the day before or the day after along with ‘Aashoora’, in order to be different from the Jews.

Evidence for that is

‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted on the day of ‘Ashoora and told the people to fast, they said, “O Messenger of Allaah, this is a day that is venerated by the Jews and Christians.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Next year, if Allaah wills, we will fast on the ninth day.” But by the time the following year came, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had passed away.

REWARD OF FASTING AASHOORAA

Fasting the day of ‘Ashoora’ does expiate for the past year, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting the day of ‘Arafah I hope Allaah will expiate thereby for the year before it and the year after it, and fasting the day of ‘Ashoora’ I hope Allaah will expiate thereby for the year that came before it.” Narrated by Muslim, 1162.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to be very keen to make sure he fasted on the day of ‘Ashoora’ because of its great status. It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I never saw the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) so keen to make sure he fasted any day and preferring it over another except this day, the day of ‘Ashoora’, and this month – meaning Ramadaan. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1867.

What is meant by being keen to make sure he fasted it is so as to earn its reward.

This is by the bounty that Allaah bestows upon us, whereby fasting one day expiates for the sins of a whole year. And Allaah is the Owner of great bounty.

Since most of the brothers n sisters here on this forum are not married , One of the best recommendations for us all and speaking to my self first is Fasting in general.

the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him): “We were young men with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and we did not have anything (i.e., we could not afford to get married). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to us, ‘O young men, whoever among you can afford to get married, then let him do so, for it is more effective in lowering the gaze and guarding chastity. And whoever is not able to do that, then let him fast, for that will be a shield for him.’” (al-Bukhaari, 5066; Muslim, 1400).

Refrences and help taken from islam-qa.com , may Allah reward them

Misz_Muslimah
12-22-2009, 01:33 PM
^ Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing..

Indeed, fasting the 9th and the 10th of Muharram is a Prophetic Sunnah. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Fasting the day of `Ashura’, I hope that Allah will accept it as expiation for the previous year.” (Reported by Muslim)

Mu`awiyyah ibn Abi Sufyan reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah say: "Concerning the day of `Ashura’, it is not obligatory upon you to fast on it as I do. Whoever wishes may fast and whoever does not wish to is not obliged to do so" (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

laggitress
12-22-2009, 04:59 PM
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty says:
I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arm's length; and if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

[It was related by al-Bukhari, and also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah. From "Forty Hadith Qudsi,", hadith no. 15.]

Misz_Muslimah
12-23-2009, 02:48 PM
74. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "I was shown the past nations. I saw a Prophet who had a very small group (less than ten in total) with him, another Prophet who was accompanied by only one or two men and some did not have even one. Suddenly I was shown a huge crowd and I thought that they were my Ummah, but I was told: 'This is Musa (Moses) and his people, but look towards the other side.' I looked and beheld a great assemblage. I was told: 'These are your people and amongst them there are seventy thousand who shall enter Jannah without being taken to account or torment". Then the Prophet (PBUH) stood up and went into his apartment, and the Companions began to guess who may be those people who would enter Jannah without any accounting or torment. Some said: "Probably, they are the ones who kept company with Messenger of Allah (PBUH)". Others said: "Probably, they are the ones who have been born as Muslims and have never associated anyone with Allah in worship". Then Messenger of Allah (PBUH) came out and asked, "What are you discussing?'' So they told him. He then said, "They are those who do not make Ruqyah (blowing over themselves after reciting the Qur'an or some prayers and supplications the Prophet (PBUH) used to say) nor seek it, nor perceive omens (i.e., they are not pessimistic) but keep trust in their Rubb (Allah).'' On this 'Ukashah bin Mihsan stood up and asked: "Pray to Allah to make me one of them.'' The Prophet (PBUH) said, "You are one of them.'' Then another man stood up and asked the same thing. The Prophet (PBUH) answered, "'Ukashah has surpassed you".
[Al-Bukhari and Mulsim].

Insaanah
12-25-2009, 06:37 PM

Jazahumullah khair everyone for sharing ahadeeth.

I can't say this is the best hadeeth, as they are all best, but sometimes there's certain ahadeeth that talk about something that is very applicable to your life/situation, and they touch something in your heart. This is one of them.

Sunan Al-Tirmidhi, 4/667, no. 2516

I find the latter half of this hadeeth very comforting at times when I think about things that have not happened or have happened in my life. Sometimes I think, if so and so hadn't done such and such a thing, x wouldn't have happened, or why did x event not happen in my life etc? Then I think of this hadeeth and it stops me in my tracks, alhamdulillah.

If something wasn't destined to happen for me , if the whole world tried to make it happen they would not be able to do so, and conversely if something was destined to happen for me, if the whole world tried to stop it they wouldn't be able to do so.

This hadeeth is one of the ones that comes to my mind most often.

May Allah give me the ability to learn more about the ahadeeth. Ameen.

Misz_Muslimah
12-25-2009, 06:53 PM
^ Wa iyaaki and ameen to the dua..
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing that hadith and as you said, all the hadiths ae good so it's hard to pick one specific one..

112. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah excuses and grants forgiveness to a person until he attains the age of sixty years".
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary:
1. This Hadith makes it evident that Allah does not punish any individual or nation without warning them first.

2. The second point is that a person who is given sixty years of life and yet he neglects the obligations of Faith, will have no excuse.

3. After the age of sixty years, one must not neglect his religious obligations because then one is closer to death. Although one may die even at a young age, in youth one is still hopeful of life. After crossing the age of sixty, to hope for longer age, while leading a sinful life and defying Divine injunctions constitute a disastrous conduct. May Allah save us from doing so.

brotherubaid
02-10-2010, 07:41 PM
A beautiful ḥadth recorded by Muslim (no.190) and at-Tirmidhī (no. 2596) from Abu Dharr ( Radi Allahu anhu ) that the prophet ( sal lahu alihi wa sallam) said:

I certainly know who will be the last to enter Paradise and the last to be brought out of the fire. He is a man who will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and it will be said, “Present to him his minor sins and take away his major ones.” So, his minor sins will be placed before him. He will be asked, “On this day, did you do this and that, and on that day did you do this and that?” He’ll reply, “Yes.” He will not be able to deny anything. He will become terrified that his major sins will also be presented to him. He will then be told, “For you, every sin will be replaced with a good deed.” The man will then say, “Oh my lord, I even did other things (sins) I do not see here!”

I (Abū Dharr) then saw Allah’s messenger ( sala lahu alihi wa sallam) laughing so much that I could see his back molar teeth.

SubhanAllah , this is the nature of humans , n this is the mercy of the Lord

Misz_Muslimah
02-11-2010, 06:43 AM
^ Subhanallah..

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't like any of my Hadith.

Following is the translation of a Hadith-e-Nabwi that I like the most.

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

Muslim Woman
02-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Pl. give link or give more details , thanks.

Ok , I just read that U did not find any source and may be it's not the sayings of Prophet Muhammed pbuh. I request mod to remove this ; else it may create confusion . Thanks.

^^

Do not accuse people of sins, because you do not know if they have already repented and God has already forgiven them. (Tirmizi)

Asiyah3
02-12-2010, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Pl. give link or give more details , thanks.

Do not accuse people of sins, because you do not know if they have already repented and God has already forgiven them. (Tirmizi)
^^Ameen to all the du'aas.

:wa:
I googled the saying and found this from the source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...&ID=816&CATE=3

This is from the words of Hamdun al-Qassar, one of the great early Muslims, as narrated by Imam Bayhaqi in his Shu`ab al-Iman [7.522].

He said (Allah have mercy on him),

�If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves�� [ibid]

Misz_Muslimah
02-12-2010, 09:18 PM
692. `Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said to me, "O `Abdullah! Do not be like so-and-so; he used to get up at night for optional prayer but abandoned it later.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith also stresses the same point, that is, man should be steadfast in his good doings. There should be no cessation in this respect, otherwise, he will unconsciously begin to incline to evil and, therefore, to the erosion of moral foundations of his character. Steadfastness in the observance of good ensures man's security against pitfalls and has Divine approval, too.

Muslim Woman
02-13-2010, 03:57 PM

“Verily Allah and His angels, even the ant in its hole and the fish in the sea, verily ( they all ) pray for he who teaches people good.”

(Authentic, narrated by Tabraanee).

brotherubaid
03-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Anas Ibn Mālik ( Radi Allah anh ) said:

I heard Allah’s messenger ( sala alhu alihi wa sallam) saying:

“Allah ( subhanhu wa taala) said, ‘Oh son of Adam, as long as you call on me and hope in me, I will forgive you for whatever (sins) you have and I will not mind. Oh son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds in the sky and then were you to ask for my forgiveness, I would forgive you and I would not mind. Oh son of Adam, if you were to come to me with sins as much as the earth and then you meet me not worshipping anything else along with me, I would come to you with as much forgiveness.’”

Recorded by at-Tirmidhī (no. 3540). Shaykh al-Albānī said it is authentic in “Ṣaḥīḥ Sunan at-Tirmidhī” (no. 2805).

Let us Learn and establish tawheed brothers n sisters , the tawheed and aqeedah always first , while we are at it let us learn Shirk and let us try to stay away from it n call towards tawheed n warn against shirk untill we meet Allah

wallahul mustaan

marwen
03-28-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't really have a best hadeeth. I think that question (what's you're best hadidh?) shoudn't really be asked. All the Prophet's hadiths should be treated the same way(if they are correct). I think If we use this thread just to make a list of the prophet's hadiths, it will be better.
Am I right ?

aadil77
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM

“Allah ( subhanhu wa taala) said, ‘Oh son of Adam, as long as you call on me and hope in me, I will forgive you for whatever (sins) you have and I will not mind. Oh son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds in the sky and then were you to ask for my forgiveness, I would forgive you and I would not mind. Oh son of Adam, if you were to come to me with sins as much as the earth and then you meet me not worshipping anything else along with me, I would come to you with as much forgiveness.’”

Recorded by at-Tirmidhī (no. 3540). Shaykh al-Albānī said it is authentic in “Ṣaḥīḥ Sunan at-Tirmidhī” (no. 2805).

Let us Learn and establish tawheed brothers n sisters , the tawheed and aqeedah always first , while we are at it let us learn Shirk and let us try to stay away from it n call towards tawheed n warn against shirk untill we meet Allah

wallahul mustaan
SubhanAllah exactly, even If we just learn to practise the basics such as firm belief and rememberance of Allah we can save ourselves easily by the mercy of Allah

Danah
03-28-2010, 10:20 PM

wallahul mustaan

This is one of my best ones. JazakAllah khair for sharing

IslamicRevival
03-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Save yourselves from envy. For envy eats up virtue as fire eats up wood

Hadith of Abu Dawud on the authority of Abu Hurayrah

The hadith in my signature is also an eyeopener

Muslim Woman
03-29-2010, 12:53 AM

"If Allah gives guidance (towards Islam) to even a single person through you, it is better for you than acquiring the wealth of this whole world.." --Hadith

http://www.islamicity.com/contribute/iin/

brotherubaid
04-16-2010, 09:43 PM
may Allah reward u all for sharing these beautiful ahadeeth.

The Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said,

“Verily Allaah loves three things for you and he hates three things for you.

He loves that you worship Him alone, and that you do not join anyone else in your worship of him and that you do not worship other than him,

He loves that you hold tight altogether to the rope of Allaah and that you do not be divided…....

And Allaah hates for you hearsay (he said and she said – qeela wa qaal – spreading rumours),

he hates for you excessive questioning (questioning that brings about no benefit),

thirdly, he hates for you the wasting of money.”

Muslim Woman
01-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Narrated Ibn Abbas (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Allah said, 'The son of
Adam tells a lie against me though he has no right to do so, and he abuses
Me though he has no right to do so. As for his telling a lie against Me, it
is that he claims that I cannot recreate him as I created him before; and
as for his abusing Me, it is his statement that I have offspring.

No!

Glorified be Me! I am far from taking a wife or offspring.' "

Bukhari Vol. 6 : No. 9

Ghazalah
12-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Bumping this thread.

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

^Look at other religions, are their concept of God even worthy to ours? SubhanAllah. I absolutely love this hadith. I could read it over and over an never get over how Merciful Allah swt is to us.

Another one I love:

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah will say to the inhabitants of Paradise: O inhabitants of Paradise! They will say: O our Lord, we present ourselves and are at Your pleasure, and goodness rests in Your hands. Then He will say: Are you content? And they will say: And how should we not be content, O Lord, when You have given to us that which You have given to no one else of Your creation? Then He will say: Would you not like Me to give you something better than that? And they will say: O Lord and what thing is better than that? And He will say: I shall cause My favour (pleasure) to descend upon you and thereafter shall never be displeased with you.”

:wub:

Ghazalah
12-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Bumping this thread.

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”

^Look at other religions, is their concept of God even worthy to Allah swt? SubhanAllah. I absolutely love this hadith. I could read it over and over and never get over how Merciful Allah swt is to us.

Another one I love:

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah will say to the inhabitants of Paradise: O inhabitants of Paradise! They will say: O our Lord, we present ourselves and are at Your pleasure, and goodness rests in Your hands. Then He will say: Are you content? And they will say: And how should we not be content, O Lord, when You have given to us that which You have given to no one else of Your creation? Then He will say: Would you not like Me to give you something better than that? And they will say: O Lord and what thing is better than that? And He will say: I shall cause My favour (pleasure) to descend upon you and thereafter shall never be displeased with you.”

Ghazalah
12-28-2011, 02:06 AM
On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace be upon him), who said:

Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, fillin that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven.

He (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You. He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection.

He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).

Ghazalah
01-01-2012, 05:46 PM
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

Huzzy_786
01-08-2012, 10:11 PM
"If one of the women of Paradise were to look at the people of this world, everything in between them would be lit up and filled with her fragrance. The veil on her head is better than this world and everything in it." [al-Bukhaari, in as-Saheeh, Kitaab al-Jihaad, Baab wa Zawwajnahum bi Hoor-'Eeyn. Fath al-Baari, 6/15]

Abz2000
01-08-2012, 10:18 PM
................the son of Mary will pursue Dajjal and will overtake him at the gate of Ludd and put him to death."
(Muslim, Dhikr Dajjal; Abu Dawud, Kitab ul-Malahim, Bab: Khuruj; Dajjal; Tirmidhi, Abwab-ul-Fitan; Bab: Fi Fitna al-Dajjal; Ibn Majah, Kitab ul-Fitna, Bab: Fitna al-Dajjal)

Ghazalah
01-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "A man used to do sinful deeds, and when death came to him, he said to his sons, 'After my death, burn me and then crush me, and scatter the powder in the air, for by Allah, if Allah has control over me, He will give me such a punishment as He has never given to anyone else.' When he died, his sons did accordingly. Allah ordered the earth saying, 'Collect what you hold of his particles.' It did so, and behold! There he was (the man) standing. Allah asked (him), 'What made you do what you did?' He replied, 'O my Lord! I was afraid of You.' So Allah forgave him. " Another narrator said "The man said, Fear of You, O Lord!"

Love that one. :statisfie

Scimitar
01-08-2012, 11:43 PM
HE (Allah) grants wisdom to whom whom he pleases; and he to whom wisdom is granted indeed receives a benefit overflowing. But none will grasp the message except men of understanding. (Quran, 2:269)

Sorry, I know it's not an hadeeth but I couldn't resist this one... I love this ayah.

Scimi

sis muslimah
01-08-2012, 11:52 PM
On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar (May Allah be pleased with them both), he relates that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) once held my shoulders and said:
“Live in this world as (if you are) a wayfarer or a stranger.” And Abdullah ibn Umar (May Allah be pleased with them both) used to say: “If you live till night, then do not wait for the next day (i.e. do not have hopes that you will live to the next day), and if you wake up in the morning do not have hope that you will live till the night. And take (advantage) from your health before your sickness and take advantage of your life before your death (i.e. do every possible obedience in your life before death comes to you for then no deeds can be performed.)”
[Bukhari and Tirmidhi]

none of you is a believer until he loves for his brother (his fellow Muslims) what he loves for himself. (Sahih Muslim)

Innocent Soul
01-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Nu'man b. Bashir reported Allah's Messenger (SAW) as saying:
The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever.
(Sahih Muslim: Book #032, Hadith #6258)

Marina-Aisha
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Bear in mind that if all the people combined together to grant you some benefit, they would not be able to do it unless Allah has determined it for you. And that if all of them combined together to do you harm, they would not be able to do it unless Allah has determined it for you. The pens have been set aside and writings of the Book of Fate have become dry.” [Tirmidhi]

The important lesson to understand from this hadith is that we must not fear death, loss or reproach in obeying the commands of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala), for only that harm will come to us which is already destined to. A believer should not be frightened by the number or resources of the enemies of Allah. This should never determine whether they should obey Allah or not, as this hadith tells us that they can not do any harm unless Allah has destined it for them. And if that is the case that harm will come anyway, but the believer will be rewarded for obeying the commands of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala).

Unfortunately, we find Muslims helping to hurt and kill other Muslims today, using as an excuse that harm would come to them otherwise. We need to develop our understanding of qada wal qadar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.