/* */

PDA

View Full Version : does a man...

Ummu Sufyaan
08-11-2009, 10:24 AM
:sl:
this is a serious qn
does a man if he is so good looking that all the women are looking at him, and therefore he is causing a fitnah, is he obliged to cover as modestly as possible? if so, to what extent? what have the ulamaa (if any) have said concerning this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
index123
08-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I think yusaf fit this description and I'am not sure if did anything like that or not. btw my memory is bad as crap so I'am confused rather it was yusaf or yunus. somone please correct me if I'm wrong

KashifB
08-11-2009, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by index123
I'am not sure, but I think yunus fit this description and I did not tell rather he covered his head out of modesty.
Do you mean Yusuf alahissalam?

index123
08-11-2009, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KashifB
Do you mean Yusuf alahissalam?
yea sorry I mean't Yusuf.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
08-12-2009, 06:07 AM
he should grow the beard, do you mean cover his face. it would be arrogant if a man did it,

But hijab doesnt hide the beauty of a womans face.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-12-2009, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
this is a serious qn
does a man if he is so good looking that all the women are looking at him, and therefore he is causing a fitnah, is he obliged to cover as modestly as possible? if so, to what extent? what have the ulamaa (if any) have said concerning this?
:wasalamex

I think this may be close to your answer:

If we assume that a man may cause fitnah if he goes out wearing perfume, as may be the case if he is beardless and handsome, such that he may even cause fitnah to men, then in this case he has to avoid things that may lead to fitnah, including wearing adornments and perfumes. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

See also Question # 7850 and Kitaab al-Fataawa al-Jaami’ah li’l-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 3/903

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9105

Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 09:20 AM
he should grow the beard, do you mean cover his face. it would be arrogant if a man did it,
no not necessarily conceal his hair/face etc the same way a woman does, but at the very least if he is wearing (not necessarily perfume, perhaps even certain clothing) something which will cause some fitnah among the women due to it. would he in that case need to change his style?

@ Abdu-l-Majeed: thumbs_up

maryangel
08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
yes i agree

Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 10:07 AM
i found something else:
The same benefits can be said for the modest dress that must be observed by men. Men are not allowed to wear shorts or wear tight fitting clothes. One of the reasons for this is that it protects women from temptation.
http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...&main_cat_id=4

- IqRa -
08-12-2009, 10:47 AM
If a man or a woman is dressed inappropriately, and they attract members of the opposite sex with their dressing, then it is common sense they need to change their style.

Ansariyah
08-12-2009, 06:53 PM
He shud wear Niqaab.

celina
08-12-2009, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Eh. Why should a man have to cover. Why don't women just lower their gazes. :raging::raging::raging:
:sl: to all

Men don't cover and certainly don't lower their gaze, even practising men, thats how clear it gets;D

noorseeker
08-12-2009, 07:22 PM
the thing is we men dont know exactly know whay universally women like in men, what attracts you , women dont blatantly gaze at men so we will not know if we are causing fitnah

Girls will gets hit on , horned at, so they will know they are causing fitnah,

abdullah_001
08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by celina

Men don't cover and certainly don't lower their gaze, even practising men, thats how clear it gets;D

Well, if they aren't lowering their gaze how are they practicing then? :p

And whether men do it or not, Allah commanded you to lower your gaze, so you can either say well they don't so I don't have to either, or you can lower your gaze :P

:wa:

Ansariyah
08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
*^*

GuestFellow
08-12-2009, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by celina

Asslamu Alikum

Hey I lower my gaze all the time. -_-;;

As for covering, I wear a prayer cap when I go out or sometimes wear a normal cap.

celina
08-12-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Asslamu Alikum

Hey I lower my gaze all the time. -_-;;

As for covering, I wear a prayer cap when I go out or sometimes wear a normal cap.
MashAllah brother.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-13-2009, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
He shud wear Niqaab.
lol..then the qn goes begging...is that a tashabbuh (imitation) of women lol

alcurad
08-13-2009, 04:07 AM
it's bound to happen that men and women will look at each other, Allah made us this way, he also gave us instructions to lower the gaze and be modest, neither men nor women regardless of how they look require more than that.

Ali_008
08-13-2009, 04:16 AM
Other than Yusuf (Alayhi Salaam), Prophet Muhammad :saws: was a handsome man as well. Hadhrat Ayesha (RadhiAllahu Anha) once said that the egyptian women cut their fingers when they saw Yusuf (Alayhi Salaam), had they seen Prophet Muhammad :saws: , they would have cut their hearts. :coolious::):wub:

He was very good-looking, may not be as much attractive as Yusuf (Alayhi Salaam) but his beauty had a different aura from Yusuf's (Alayhi Salaam). He had a beard, he dressed modestly (wearing all colours not prohibiting anything in particular except for red with some discouragement), he wore musk, he had head-gear. :shade::shade:

So following his and Yusuf's (Alayhi Salaam) example, it can be said that a man doesn't have to do anything to hide his beauty. Moreover, generally any woman can attract great number of men and not vice-versa. So in such rare places where a woman spots a simply irresistible guy, she should lower her gaze. We keep focussing on lowering of gaze for men so much that we forget that its part of women's hijab as well:exhausted. Whether attractive or unattractive, women have to lower their gaze as well.

:w:

Caller الداعي
08-13-2009, 10:09 AM
aslam alaikum! Both men and women are ordered to lower their gazez how ever men r not allowed to look at any part of a woman with the excption of the hands and face! Also men r the supporters of the fmily and require working covering them up is impractical ! I men are more likly to get aroused by looking at any part of a woman unlike the opp. Where it is less common as we see in the society we r living in today!

IbnAbdulHakim
08-13-2009, 11:32 AM
LOL ALPHA

loose cannon ;D

i have never in my life met a man who was so attractive he caused fitnah everywhere he went lol (but i do know boys who got girls in love UNINTENTIONALLY... does that count?)

but there are plenty of girls who do that :)

abdullah_001
08-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Brother, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is more beautiful than Prophet Yusuf (as), and Yusuf (as) was given half of beauty while the rest of mankind got the other half (how awesome is that). Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), however, also had an aura of awe that made it hard for people to look at him (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam), and thats not all, Allah (swt) placed many veils on his beauty because we as human beings wouldn't be able to handle it (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam).

http://www.rasoulallah.net/subject_e...32&sub_id=3835

This is just my observation, only Allah (swt) knows best, but it seems to me that beauty alone could bring the wrong type of attention without any haya constraining it. And haya makes a person more beautiful because it compliments beauty through personality.

And if people say that such and such brother is too handsome and that brother is not modest at all, it is possible that such people have also looked at others in a way they shouldn't.

And to reply to another brother here, I don't like the idea that men are bound to look at women eventually and vice versa. We must first take all the precautions we can (lower our gaze, be modest, amongst other things) and have the right intentions and THEN leave the rest to Allah (swt).

We must not say that its ok since its bound to happen.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-13-2009, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
LOL ALPHA

loose cannon ;D

i have never in my life met a man who was so attractive he caused fitnah everywhere he went lol (but i do know boys who got girls in love UNINTENTIONALLY... does that count?)

Probably you met him, but didn't notice him, because you're male. ;-)

Ansariyah
08-13-2009, 03:05 PM
LOL ALPHA

loose cannon ;D

There are plenty of boys who do the same!

Ansariyah
08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

lol..then the qn goes begging...is that a tashabbuh (imitation) of women lol

There are men who do actually wrap something around their face n wear those Imama around their heads. I think it was somewhere in an African country. I forgot the name.

ow I found a Pic they're called ''tuareg''

celina
08-13-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdullah_001

Well, if they aren't lowering their gaze how are they practicing then? :p

And whether men do it or not, Allah commanded you to lower your gaze, so you can either say well they don't so I don't have to either, or you can lower your gaze :P

Well you see loads of men with beards and caps at mosque who stare at women, its so annoying. I am not saying that they are neccessairly practising but they claim to be. When I say practising I mean praying, tasbeeh and really in to the faith, but then...they see a women and thats when it goes horribly wrong :omg:. Not all men are like this.

KashifB
08-13-2009, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

There are men who do actually wrap something around their face n wear those Imama around their heads. I think it was somewhere in an African country. I forgot the name.

ow I found a Pic they're called ''tuareg''

I think that's just to protect themselves from the sand in desert areas.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
^ lol someones GOTTA tell me if his an example of a fitna geezah?

*waits!*

celina
08-13-2009, 08:27 PM
^ lol someones GOTTA tell me if his an example of a fitna geezah?

*waits!*
I don't think the purpose of this picture is to demonstrate fitnah brother, its just showing that some men cover up. Like the brother mentioned before that this person in this picture is coverd because he may want to avoid sand getting in his eyes etc.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
its just hard for me to imagine a brother could exist who spreads fitnah via his looks

honestly lol and i've met loooaaadsa extremely handsome brothers. and they ALL look better wiv beards !

is it hard for sisters to think that another sister could cause a lot of fitnah if she dont cover up?

celina
08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
its just hard for me to imagine a brother could exist who spreads fitnah via his looks

honestly lol and i've met loooaaadsa extremely handsome brothers. and they ALL look better wiv beards !

is it hard for sisters to think that another sister could cause a lot of fitnah if she dont cover up?
Ofcourse if a sister doesn't cover up then she is causing fitnah, thats wierd why would you ask that brother im confused.

crayon
08-13-2009, 08:41 PM

No, it's quite easy to think that, actually.

And whether or not you can imagine it, it's a reality that the opposite sex, be they men or women, can cause fitna. Just because men tend to find women more attractive, doesn't mean women don't feel the same way vice versa, albeit possibly to a lesser extent.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-14-2009, 04:30 AM
i didnt start this thread with the intention of finding out if brothers could cause a fitnah or not. by the fatwas posted, i guess they can. i dont care about "since women have to cover do men do as well..." it wasnt about that (by yours -and some other peoples posts- it seems it was taken it that way?)

the whole point of this thread was intended to gather information in case i can use them as a refutation (which could be a possibility) against those stupid idiotic anti hijaab/niqaab people......but anyway, i've found out my answer...

can a mod just close this thread...?

syilla
08-14-2009, 04:42 AM
due to h1n1... everyone should wear surgical masks. attractive or not :D

- IqRa -
08-14-2009, 09:31 AM

Some brothers look more handsome with just a stubble beard or clean shaved.

The sisters spread fitnah anywhere they go if they are not covered up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!