/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As Salamu Alaikum

Nyx-
08-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Greetings, friends.

My name is Connor, I'm an Aussie and hopefully you will be seeing me around here more often.

Just about my situation. I've been sitting here for about 20-40 minutes unsure of what to say or how to say it so i will just blurt it out in what ever fashion it comes out in, Sorry in advance.

When i was a child my grandfather had a small hard cover book titled "islam and business" or to that effect. I looked at the pictures in the book and tried to make sense of it (Too young to read it). I had always thought favorably on islam until earlier this decade when i was swept up with all the hate towards islam, which i have always regretted.

I have been looking into Islam, the past few days has made me consider it more and more. My main problem is i have found a local masjid but I'm reluctant to go there because I'm shy and I'm fearful for what my friends/family would think.

Sincerely,
Connor/Nyx-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the forums connor, I hope you learn something useful from this forum.
Nice intro btw. :D

aadil77
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nyx-

I have been looking into Islam, the past few days has made me consider it more and more. My main problem is i have found a local masjid but I'm reluctant to go there because I'm shy and I'm fearful for what my friends/family would think.

Sincerely,
Connor/Nyx-
Welcome!

Don't be shy I'm sure people at the masjid welcome you and you can keep it secret from your parents till you're ready

Other than you can learn alot from this forum :shade:

Strzelecki
08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Wa 3alaikum salam my fellow Aussie.
Welcome to the forums.
I hope insha'Allah you have a stay filled with benefit.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nyx-
08-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Thank you for the welcome! Now I'm off to bed with me. :)

ژاله
08-11-2009, 01:06 PM
welcome to the forums and good night.

Afg
08-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Welcome to the forums :). You are one of many who had to go through a stage like this. If you are sure and ready, you can go to your local masjid and can keep it secret until a suitable time. Also you might want to read up on revert stories, that just might give you a lot of strength. Any questions, dont hesitate to ask, InshaAllah the members here will try to answer.

UmmHasan
08-12-2009, 08:57 PM
:welcome: to the forums!
I hope that you have a beneficial stay here!

جوري
08-12-2009, 11:19 PM
:welcome: aboard nyx..
good to have you aboard, we hope you'll join us for Ramadan on this forum and generally enjoy your stay here

peace

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey Nyx :) Nice intro.

Don't be afraid to go to the masjid. I'm sure they will welcome you really well :D In the meantime you can learn loads here with us :)

Enjoy!

Peace

Bint-Al-Islam
08-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Hello
Welcome to LI.. May u benefit from this site InshAllah.. Be strong.. dnt be afraid going 2 Masjid... Am sure they will be glad 2 see some1 asking abt Islam :)
Enjoy ur stay
Take Care

Ar-RaYYan
08-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Read from one of your posts that you have converted to Islam!
Mabrook brother! and welcome to LI! Glad you are part of our ever growing family.
Inshallah i hope you have a beneficial and enjoyable stay

I converted a total of 2 hours ago so i may not be the most experienced muslim. Perhaps you should lead by example and show dispell myths that might hold him back from learning of Islam.

All you can do is hope and pray that he finds the truth.
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post1203230

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-18-2009, 01:17 AM
^^MashAllah! Welcome to the Ummah! :statisfie

May Allah keep u steadfast, ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.