/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clerics

Nyx-
08-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Peace be upon you

I'm curious because i come from a roman catholic background so i know how all of my clergy are appointed but i know nearly nothing about the Islamic clergy(?)

I have written up a few questions if anyone could be nice enough to answer:

How is a Cleric appointed?

Can anyone become a Cleric, if so then how does one become one?

What is the difference between an Imam and a Cleric?

Is there a 'head' priest/cleric/imam above all others?

Sorry if they seem like inane or pointless questions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sur
08-12-2009, 11:06 PM
there are no hard fast rules. Different countries can have there own methods of appointment. Primary condition would be that candidate should have good knowledge of islam.

Imam(Arabic) is just another word for cleric(English).

leen
08-13-2009, 02:02 AM
welcome NYx

In Islam no Clerics by the same meaning in roman catholic or other religions.
means who have good knowledge of islam and following Islam Instruction can be cleric but he will continue his live without any changes means his life same like other people and he doesnot have power of forgiveness the sins for the people or any other power because on front of our God we all same & we are asking the God (Allah) to forgive our sins without any intermediary.

I try to Explain it as much i can but i hope you will get someone knows more English to answer your Question

alcurad
08-13-2009, 06:36 AM
true

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nyx-
08-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the information Sur and Leen. I was curious to learn is all :)

Ramadhan
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
there is no such thing as "institutionalized" clergy in Islam like in Roman Catholics and/or any other christian churches.
In Islam, everyone and anyone can directly audition with Allah and directly ask for forgiveness and/or pray to Allah.

This aspect is one of the many other reasons why I think Islam is the true religion.

peaceandlove
08-16-2009, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nyx-
Peace be upon you

I'm curious because i come from a roman catholic background so i know how all of my clergy are appointed but i know nearly nothing about the Islamic clergy(?)

I have written up a few questions if anyone could be nice enough to answer:

How is a Cleric appointed?

Can anyone become a Cleric, if so then how does one become one?

What is the difference between an Imam and a Cleric?

Is there a 'head' priest/cleric/imam above all others?

Sorry if they seem like inane or pointless questions.

:sl: Can some body explain what is "Cleric"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.