/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blood donor question

Tony
08-13-2009, 09:41 PM
As a new muslim there are things that are not obvious to us as they are to raised muslims, I want to start giving blood and have been invited to do so, first am I allowed as a muslim to do so, secondly am I alowed to do so during Ramadhan. Many thanks brothers and sistersin advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bub
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Salam brother, i asked my mother the same question a while ago, she said thats fine to give your blood to family members but no strangers etc but i do not know about during fasting month. Hope sisters and brothers will answer ur questions as soon as possible. all the best

bewildred
08-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Hello,

I have already given my blood to a hospital. I'd do it in a regular basis if I could. I think it's one great kind of Dadaqah one can give. Anyone around me knows that when they need a B+ type of blood, I'm the woman!!

In Ramadhan, I think, it's better to give blood after iftar. I'd do it myself before. More knowledgeable pple will certainly answer your quieries.

S.

ardianto
08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
It's fine to GIVE our blood to family members, to strangers or even to our enemies in war. But we are not allowed to sell our blood for money.

There is no problem if you want to give your blood in ramadhan, but do it after iftar.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Donating blood is 100% a-ok

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

But during the day during Ramadan, I wouldn't. You're suppose to eat and drink after giving blood to make up for the strength you've lost, and you wouldn't be able to do that. That would put your health at risk.

Somaiyah
08-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Salam,
For the sake of saving other people I find it very good for those who do it. Saving lives and helping other people is just good. Me myself I wouldn't handle it but that's another story.

Tony
08-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Jazak Allahu Khyran brothers and sisters

Santoku
08-15-2009, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
As a new muslim there are things that are not obvious to us as they are to raised muslims, I want to start giving blood and have been invited to do so, first am I allowed as a muslim to do so, secondly am I alowed to do so during Ramadhan. Many thanks brothers and sistersin advance.
Firstly on (I think the site was) Islam online this was definitely a good thing to do as it saves lives. But on most of the fatwa sites I have seen it is always positive.

Do NOT give it during Ramadhan, not for religious reasons but because you are supposed to drink beforehand and eat and drink afterwards to restore lost body fluids. You do not want to be messing with low blood sugar and partial exsanguination, even if the blood loss is not supposed to make much difference.

crayon
08-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Yup, what UmmS and Santoku said- also, note that if giving blood could harm you physically (such as during Ramadan, since you can't eat/drink afterward) then I assume donating blood would be considered haram, since it leads to self harm. So if you want to donate blood, do it before Ramadan, or wait until it's over inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.