/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to lose weight during Ramadhan?

Melancholy
08-17-2009, 09:14 PM
As above:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
convert
08-17-2009, 09:26 PM
The purpose of Ramadan isn't to lose weight; it is to grow closer to Allah. Purify your intentions inshaAllah. If you lose weight, alhamdulillah.

Yusuf Saeed
08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
The purpose of Ramadan isn't to lose weight; it is to grow closer to Allah. Purify your intentions inshaAllah. If you lose weight, alhamdulillah.
I believe the sister didn't mean that she'd be fasting during the Ramadan with a sole intention of losing weight. I believe she just wanted to combine the wonderful month of Ramadan with improving her health by losing some weight.

As long as we don't see Ramadan only as a month that means not eating and drinking during the daytime there's nothing wrong with losing some weight during the month.
Usually people eat a lot and sometimes even more than usually during the nighttime of Ramadan and one way to get some benefit to health may be to follow the prophet Muhammad's (:saws:) recommendation to just fill one third of our stomachs when breaking the fast every evening.

Salahudeen
08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
You'll lose muscle weight as long as you only eat 2 meals and don't try to compensate for missing meals.

In ramadhan I lose so much weight but sadly it's all muscle, the fat remains. My shoulders go small, arms go small, ALL the muscles go small and the fat is left lool.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
08-17-2009, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
You'll lose muscle weight as long as you only eat 2 meals and don't try to compensate for missing meals.

In ramadhan I lose so much weight but sadly it's all muscle, the fat remains. My shoulders go small, arms go small, ALL the muscles go small and the fat is left lool.
try some non-cardio excersises nd it might be the other way round inshAllah

BintAmjad
08-17-2009, 10:12 PM
:sl:

My advice would be try not to stuff yourself silly lol at iftaar time... oh believe me your eye's can be so deceiving.. some people completely dote on fried foods such as samosas etc especially during ramadhan and it just becomes a joke (but hey who doesn't like a samosa) Just try to avoid unhealthy foods all the time and try sticking to the simple grub (well anyway thats our goal this time round inshallah) I mean there's always a chance of your neighbours treating you!

:wa:

Salahudeen
08-17-2009, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
try some non-cardio excersises nd it might be the other way round inshAllah
Thanks for advice brother, you think it's possible to get ripped in Ramadhan??

I'm worried if I workout with weights I might injure myself due to the lack of calories. But I'll give it a try this year inshallah.

obviously the muscles won't grow bigger due to lack of calories but as long as their maintained and fat is lost I'm happy ;D

aadil77
08-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks for advice brother, you think it's possible to get ripped in Ramadhan??

I'm worried if I workout with weights I might injure myself due to the lack of calories. But I'll give it a try this year inshallah.

obviously the muscles won't grow bigger due to lack of calories but as long as their maintained and fat is lost I'm happy ;D
nope definately not lol, I tried going to the gym once last ramadan I lasted 30mins and had a headache, I didn't try that again

but you might become leaned, if you workout after iftaar

Salahudeen
08-17-2009, 10:30 PM
There goes my plans to become cut up like bruce lee lool, I'm already quite lean just not cut up :(

syilla
08-18-2009, 03:04 AM
:salamext:

1. Always plan out what you'll be eating for iftaar and sahr...
Make sure it has enough calories but not too much, healthy and lots of nutrients.

2. Reward/indulge yourself one a week...and not everyday.

3. Usually people gain weight during the Ramadhan because of the high calorie food they are eating.

4. And do lots of ibadah...to occupy/busy yourself and mind from thinking the food all the time.

5. Most important thing... avoid Ramadhan food threads :p

Salahudeen
08-18-2009, 03:11 AM
My plan is for sahr I'm going to have 6 egg whites and a piece of whole meal bread with a bannana.

Then for iftaar I'm going to have fish with beans and broccoly. what you think good meal plan??

In the late evening after taraweah I might have tuna mixed with carrots, celery, sweetcorn, spring onion.

what u think good meal plan????

it's 3 meals a day just the last 2 meals are going to be close together.

Clover
08-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Here are some things:

Free:

Long-Distance Walking, Jogging, Running, Dancing, Shadow Boxing, and Lunges.

Equipment:

Jump Roping, Swimming, Cycling, and others.

Salahudeen
08-18-2009, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Here are some things:

Free:

Long-Distance Walking, Jogging, Running, Dancing, Shadow Boxing, and Lunges.

Equipment:

Jump Roping, Swimming, Cycling, and others.

gonna be hard to do those whilst not eating all day :cry: and you'd probably just burn muscle cos it's metabolically active and easier for your body to break down when it needs energy compared to fat.

north_malaysian
08-18-2009, 03:30 AM
i lost at least 5 kg during Ramadan... and gained it back on Eid...;D

Clover
08-18-2009, 03:33 AM
gonna be hard to do those whilst not eating all day :cry: and you'd probably just burn muscle cos it's metabolically active and easier for your body to break down when it needs energy compared to fat.
Ya, but you can bulk that back up, and if she takes protein, it will save a lot.

syilla
08-18-2009, 04:32 AM
first count your calorie needs... you can google calorie calculator or you can go to this link

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

next... you need to go to the calorie counter and count the calories in each food you're eating...

you can go to this link www.myfitnesspal.com or you can google calorie counter

ok lets count the food you'll be eating...

sahr
6 egg whites (i assume raw) = 60 X 6 = 360cal
1 medium fresh banana = 105cal
1 piece of bread (white include bread crumbs) = 120 cal
what about drink? = hot tea with 1 sugar cube = 30 cal

total = 615 cal

Iftaar
Fish (Grouper, dry cooked) = 238cal
beans ( i assume baked beans 1 cup) = 382cal
brocoli (1 cup steamed) = 25cal
drink? orange juice = 110cal

Total = 755cal

For late evening
1 carrot boiled = 16 cal
celery raw (110g) = 15 cal
1 can of sweetcorn (i'm sure u eat less than this) = 165cal
1 cup of raw spring onions = 32cal
drink?
total = 228 cal

altogether = 1598cal.

its okay to eat 3meals...but just don't eat more than your calorie needs. eat more meals times a day...will increase your metobolism.

But i'll suggest to eat less after the taraweeh... cause there are some research that to eat 3 hours before you sleep or your food will not properly digested.

Have fun with variety of foods...and don't stick only some types of food. Experiment with them! :D

Salahudeen
08-20-2009, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
first count your calorie needs... you can google calorie calculator or you can go to this link

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

next... you need to go to the calorie counter and count the calories in each food you're eating...

you can go to this link www.myfitnesspal.com or you can google calorie counter

ok lets count the food you'll be eating...

sahr
6 egg whites (i assume raw) = 60 X 6 = 360cal
1 medium fresh banana = 105cal
1 piece of bread (white include bread crumbs) = 120 cal
what about drink? = hot tea with 1 sugar cube = 30 cal

total = 615 cal

Iftaar
Fish (Grouper, dry cooked) = 238cal
beans ( i assume baked beans 1 cup) = 382cal
brocoli (1 cup steamed) = 25cal
drink? orange juice = 110cal

Total = 755cal

For late evening
1 carrot boiled = 16 cal
celery raw (110g) = 15 cal
1 can of sweetcorn (i'm sure u eat less than this) = 165cal
1 cup of raw spring onions = 32cal
drink?
total = 228 cal

altogether = 1598cal.

its okay to eat 3meals...but just don't eat more than your calorie needs. eat more meals times a day...will increase your metobolism.

But i'll suggest to eat less after the taraweeh... cause there are some research that to eat 3 hours before you sleep or your food will not properly digested.

Have fun with variety of foods...and don't stick only some types of food. Experiment with them! :D

WOW YOUR HANDY :o thanks alot I never knew it added up to THAT MUCH!!! that's perfect my calory needs are 1800 so if I have 300 deficit then I should lose weight ;D

syilla
08-20-2009, 02:05 AM
WOW YOUR HANDY :o thanks alot I never knew it added up to THAT MUCH!!! that's perfect my calory needs are 1800 so if I have 300 deficit then I should lose weight ;D
Try to write down all the calories you're eating...and see if it easy to have the deficits ones... :p Because the more i wrote it down the more i see that all this time i seldom eat less...huhuhu

I even have a table of Total extra calories...and from there i see or i think i've gain 1 pound already :exhausted

north_malaysian
08-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Try to write down all the calories you're eating...and see if it easy to have the deficits ones... :p Because the more i wrote it down the more i see that all this time i seldom eat less...huhuhu

I even have a table of Total extra calories...and from there i see or i think i've gain 1 pound already :exhausted
How to watch the calories... they set up the whole Ramadan Bazaar in front of my office!!!!! :exhausted

Clover
08-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Also, something good to eat during this, if your wanting Energy. PowerBar, they make great energy bars, not the best nutrition wise, but they do supply good energy. You can use them, and Whey Protein, and workout everyday and should be fine.

syilla
08-20-2009, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
How to watch the calories... they set up the whole Ramadan Bazaar in front of my office!!!!! :exhausted
aww... Malaysian food is so high in calories. Did you know that a curry puff is already 240 kcal, roti canai is around 340 kcal and kuey telinga (penderam) is 350kcal... :phew

tell myself 'how i'm' going to watch the calories. :exhausted

Clover
08-20-2009, 03:15 AM
Fitday.com is a good way to watch calories.

north_malaysian
08-21-2009, 07:34 AM
kuey telinga (penderam) is 350kcal... :phew
what? oh God.. there is one aunty selling "Cucoq Meneram" at our nightmarket... she'll fry those when you request for it... it's so fresh, so yummy and so crunchy... only costs RM 0.10 each..

fagp1rpp
08-25-2009, 11:55 AM
you must eat two olive oil as it will melt fats and knock fats from your body i have reduced 30 kg in two months.And i also eat 20 dates one liter of full cream of milk butter and 5 bananas and beef one kg.But i eat more olive oil.

- IqRa -
08-25-2009, 12:14 PM
How can you EAT olive oil?

fagp1rpp
09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
eat two table spoon of olve oil in sehri raw put in a bowl and after each nawala dip chapati and eat each loaf with it.But later start eatining also two table spoon in the evening or after aftari when you are eating food

aadil77
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM
^bro is that actually your name?

S_87
09-02-2009, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fagp1rpp
you must eat two olive oil as it will melt fats and knock fats from your body i have reduced 30 kg in two months.And i also eat 20 dates one liter of full cream of milk butter and 5 bananas and beef one kg.But i eat more olive oil.
unless youre morbidly obese then anything near to 30kgs being lost in two months is not good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.