/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The husband gets angry when his wife gives birth to a girl

Ummu Sufyaan
08-19-2009, 10:48 AM
:sl:
The husband gets angry when his wife gives birth to a girl

Some of the Muslims, may Allaah guide them, get angry when Allaah blesses them with daughters, and they get very upset when a daughter arrives. I also know someone who has threatened to divorce his wife if she produces a daughter. I hope that you can shed some light on this topic from the point of view of Islamic sharee’ah.

Praise be to Allaah.

Undoubtedly this action is one of the deeds of the first Jaahiliyyah, from the conduct of its ill-mannered people, those who were blamed and condemned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

How similar things are today to those times. If you visit any maternity hospital in a Muslim country, and look around at the faces of those to whom daughters have been born, listening to what they say and seeing how they are, you will see a strange similarity between many of these people and the people of the Jaahiliyyah, of whom Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when the news of (the birth of) a female (child) is brought to any of them, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief!

He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed. Shall he keep her with dishonour or bury her in the earth? Certainly, evil is their decision!”

[al-Nahl 16:58-59]

One of the manifestations of this dislike of daughters is that in some hospitals, when they find out whether the foetus is male of female by doing an ultrasound scan, if it is male they tell the family, and if it is female they say nothing. This is a very serious matter from which stem a number of haraam things, including the following:

- It implies objecting to the decree of Allaah.

- It is a rejection of the gift which Allaah has given, instead of thanking Him for it. This is sufficient to earn Allaah’s anger and expose one to punishment.

- It involves humiliating the woman and putting her down, and putting unbearable pressure on her.

- It is an indication of foolishness, ignorance, stupidity and a lack of reason.

- It implies resemblance to the people of the Jaahiliyyah.

The Muslim should avoid such behaviour, and save himself from such destructive thinking. Submitting to the decree of Allaah is obligatory, and accepting it is one of the attributes of the believers.

Moreover, the virtue of girls is not unknown, for they are our mothers and sisters, and wives. They are one half of society which gives birth to the other half, so it is as if they are the entire society. See Tuhfat al-Mawlood fi Ahkaam al-Mawlood by Ibn al-Qayyim, p. 16.

Another indication of their virtue is the fact that Allaah calls their coming a gift (something which is bestowed), and mentions them before the males in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills” [al-Shooraa 42:49]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also explained their virtue and urged kind treatment of them, as he said: “Whoever is tested by means of these girls, and he treats them with kindness, they will be a protection for him from the Fire.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1418, with al-Fath; Muslim, 2729).

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-19-2009, 02:29 PM
My genetica knowledge is very small, and I hope someone can correct me if I am wrong.

One difference between man and woman is, man's chromosome is XY and woman's chromosome is XX. The baby becomes boy or girl is depend on chromosome that 'given' by the husband to the wife. If the husband 'gives' Y chromosome, the baby becomes boy. If the husband 'gives' X chromosome the baby becomes girl.

Of course, is not fair if the husband blame the wife when the wife gives him a female child.

- IqRa -
08-19-2009, 02:34 PM
So yeh, blame the husband next time. Lol.

cat eyes
08-19-2009, 03:01 PM
this type of behaviour is still going on in the muslim world kinda scary i was thinking this ignorance was finished with centuries ago because the girl could not work so she was useless for the parents but are people gone totally syco what the hell the woman can do if she gets pregnant with a girl. these people deserve to get beaten. imagine tellling your wife you will divorce her for this.. i would say go ahead your not any king of saudi or ruler of egypt i would be so hurt of losing you if i didn't get a son lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
08-20-2009, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
So yeh, blame the husband next time. Lol.
lol... yeah.

But actually usually both chromosomes will be given to the wife, but it depends on which will survive longer, the fastest and the strongest of them all...

and also one of the chromosomes can survive in acidic medium one of it don't... and some other factors too...:D

Ramisa
08-20-2009, 06:22 PM

If I recall right,a few years ago I remember hearing a story on television that went like this:An Indian man tortured his wife just because she bored him a daughter,after a while she committed suicide herself. What abnormal behaviour beggining with the husband! I was outraged when I heard this. Who would kill the wife they have loved just because she bored him a daughter and not a son. Now he will repent whenever he will see his daughter,I pray that he has repented and has the common logic/sense now,to see whats abnormal and whats not.

My opinion on this would be that,no matter what gender your child is born,she/he has to be healthy,that is all I ask for from Allah. Many people give more love to their sons and neglect their daughters,when I have seen most daughters are loyal to their family when most sons aren't. I would equally love my future daughter or son as I would with any of my children. Whats your opinion on this,brothers and sisters?

cat eyes
08-20-2009, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramisa

If I recall right,a few years ago I remember hearing a story on television that went like this:An Indian man tortured his wife just because she bored him a daughter,after a while she committed suicide herself. What abnormal behaviour beggining with the husband! I was outraged when I heard this. Who would kill the wife they have loved just because she bored him a daughter and not a son. Now he will repent whenever he will see his daughter,I pray that he has repented and has the common logic/sense now,to see whats abnormal and whats not.

My opinion on this would be that,no matter what gender your child is born,she/he has to be healthy,that is all I ask for from Allah. Many people give more love to their sons and neglect their daughters,when I have seen most daughters are loyal to their family when most sons aren't. I would equally love my future daughter or son as I would with any of my children. Whats your opinion on this,brothers and sisters?
i will also inshallaah love my future daughter and son the same and no evil thoughts should come in my mind of loving one more then the other because i know more brothers care more about there mum then the actual daughter... the girl can be sometimes rebellious and want her freedom like you know the way suicide is haram though and you are poor and your living in an asian country where the authorities do not care if your getting tortured in a country where the woman don't have any rights and she feels isolated..

if you are driven to suicide, is that the actual same thing as just deciding to take your life for no reason? would Allah stil give the same punishment to both. like did you ever look at those afgan women on ******* getting tortured and beaten to dead by there husbands even when they are pregnant even. how dose one stay patient in this situation? you become syco in this situation so therefore you are not in your own senses. or do these things happen for a reason, why do some women go through this torture.. but i know Allah will make them forget everything which happened if they died

bewildred
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
It's such an ignorant behavior from ignorant guys!!! I'm shocked to see that this sad tradition of hating daughters perpetuates through time. There are so many couples who can't have kids and who tried every other way in vain. I think that some of the misconceptions around the woman's status in some Islamic societies take their genesis from the hatred that these fathers vow to their daughters.

Once again, one has to take example from our Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). He loved his daughters and was very close to them. No need to study genetics to blame either the dad or the mom for it's no shame to have a daughter. It's such a blessing!!! There's a proverb here in my country which says:"Alladi ma 'andah banat, ma 'arafouh bi ma mat!"

Soumeya the proud mom of two adorable daughters

Bub
08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
If my kids born disabled, blind, deaf or suffering with any disease. I will still love them no matter what. I heard a story from a friend, a lady birth a disabled boy baby, she threw him in a black bin in a massive bin in London somewhere, someone as a stranger walked past and heard a baby cried and found him at the end, send away to hopsital, the baby was fine. The mother isn't still found. I do not know what happens now, Allah (S.w.t) knows.

Tony
08-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Some ppl who deserve to be parents are left barron, some who are not fit to keep animals become parents. Only Allah knows why.

h.shillingford
08-22-2009, 09:06 AM
I find this ridiculous, as daughter's provide a greater source of love and compassionfor their parents in times of need and old age.

Also, there is a greater reward for bringing up daughters than sons in the hereafter.

‘A’isha, the wife of Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him), said: A woman came to me along with her two daughters. She asked me for (charity) but she found nothing with me except one date, so I gave her that. She accepted it and then divided it between her two daughters and herself ate nothing out of that. She then got up and went out, and so did her two daughters. (In the meanwhile) Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) visited me and I narrated to him her story. Thereupon Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who is involved (in the responsibility) of (bringing up) daughters, and he accords benevolent treatment towards them, there would be protection for him against Hell-Fire.

zakirs
08-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Yes its absolutely horrible that it happens.But shouldn't we first introspect on why this happens.Regarding the indian case , In india people take ridiculously large sums of money to marry a girl (dowry).Hence the father of the girl in most cases ends bankrupt.Hence there has been a negative attitude towards girls.Dowry is one of the main evils of society we should fight towards.

Let us all promise that we will neither encourage dowry and never allow friends to give and take dowry.

May allah help us.

ardianto
08-22-2009, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Yes its absolutely horrible that it happens.But shouldn't we first introspect on why this happens.Regarding the indian case , In india people take ridiculously large sums of money to marry a girl (dowry).Hence the father of the girl in most cases ends bankrupt.Hence there has been a negative attitude towards girls.Dowry is one of the main evils of society we should fight towards.

Let us all promise that we will neither encourage dowry and never allow friends to give and take dowry.

May allah help us.
I have read some articles regarding to Dowry. Yes, this is the problem for the bride's family.

But I want to know further.
- If the groom and bride are Muslims, is the bride's family must give Dowry, or Dowry is only in Hindus people marriage ?.
- Is it allowed to give a little sums of Dowry ?. I.e 5 or 10 rupee. I mean, in this case Dowry is just a symbol because the groom's family don't want the money.

zakirs
08-22-2009, 04:10 PM
- If the groom and bride are Muslims, is the bride's family must give Dowry, or Dowry is only in Hindus people marriage ?.
- Is it allowed to give a little sums of Dowry ?. I.e 5 or 10 rupee. I mean, in this case Dowry is just a symbol because the groom's family don't want the money.
No bro dowry is an all out affair (muslims do it shamelessly ).During marriage proposals one of the first things families of bride and bridegroom discuss is dowry, how much they can afford.There are many cases where boy and girl have said yes but the marriage has been cancelled due to disagreement over dowry.To give you the measure of how huge this dowry is..

A person earning 3 lac per annum can demand upto 5-10 lacs and some times it can reach upto 50 or so lacs among rich people

( 1 lac = 100 thousand , 45 rupees = 1$ )

so for a poor person 1 lac means a lot where many of the people live on 0.6 lacs as annual income.If they dont give dowry chances are 99 % of times their marriage proposals get rejected as good people are hard to find in this world.Now tell me isn't this our fault of letting this system prevail.For a poor person he is bound to feel sad when he knows he has to bear the costs of marriage.

I am sick of this tradition or what ever you call it. I hence vowed myself that i will never take dowry or argue against anyone in my family who is with dowry system. :|

ardianto
08-22-2009, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
No bro dowry is an all out affair (muslims do it shamelessly ).During marriage proposals one of the first things families of bride and bridegroom discuss is dowry, how much they can afford.There are many cases where boy and girl have said yes but the marriage has been cancelled due to disagreement over dowry.To give you the measure of how huge this dowry is..

A person earning 3 lac per annum can demand upto 5-10 lacs and some times it can reach upto 50 or so lacs among rich people

( 1 lac = 100 thousand , 45 rupees = 1$ )

so for a poor person 1 lac means a lot where many of the people live on 0.6 lacs as annual income.If they dont give dowry chances are 99 % of times their marriage proposals get rejected as good people are hard to find in this world.Now tell me isn't this our fault of letting this system prevail.For a poor person he is bound to feel sad when he knows he has to bear the costs of marriage.

I am sick of this tradition or what ever you call it. I hence vowed myself that i will never take dowry or argue against anyone in my family who is with dowry system. :|
It seemed to buy a husband.

If I am an Indian I must be follow this tradition but I will make a little inovation. I give money to my girl's family, then they can use this money for pay dowry. That's mean they 'buy' me with my money. But I don't know is it allowed in Indian tradition ?.

zakirs
08-22-2009, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
It seemed to buy a husband.

If I am an Indian I must be follow this tradition but I will make a little inovation. I give money to my girl's family, then they can use this money for pay dowry. That's mean they 'buy' me with my money. But I don't know is it allowed in Indian tradition ?.
Nowhere does indian tradition say something.Infact there is nothing like indian tradition written somewhere.Its just people following archaic customs blindly.

Anyway its nice of what you say.There are many people in india who dont take dowry.For instance most young and educated people try to avoid dowry.Govt is also stricly against dowry.

May allah help people to leav this archaic practise

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.