/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Places where praying is forbidden

bibish
08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Hello everyone.

I have a question which I would really like your opinion on. Soon I will be sharing a bedroom with another girl and so will need to sort out where to pray when I'm at home (up until now I have been in a room on my own). Although she is my close friend, I would not feel comfortable praying in the bedroom when she is there, especially if she is asleep, and was wondering if it is forbidden to pray in the bathroom, for example. We will be living in a house with another girl soon and she knows nothing about me so I can't do it in the kitchen or other public areas.

Thank you in advance for your help :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
08-20-2009, 12:49 AM
As far as I understand praying in a bathroom which also contains the toilet is a complete no-no.

Hopefully a Muslim member will be able to give you a more precise answer.

Good luck with your new accommodation. Are you going to be at university?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 02:05 AM
:sl: sister.

Well yes as Glo said, the bathroom is is a big no definitely. If you can find any clean place to pray, that is fine, but not in the bathroom.

May I ask why you don't want to pray in the same room? It shouldnt be a problem.

:w:

glo
08-20-2009, 02:09 AM
Light of Heaven, what if the toilet is in a separate room?
Would a bathroom environment without a toilet be acceptable?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Clover
08-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Well, for me, the only place I really "want" to pray is a Shrine, but I am fine praying outside on a hill, in my room, or anywhere really, except certain places (where many people are). I cannot wait to build my own shrine, I am going to make it as best I can to honor them.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 02:15 AM
If the room has nothing unsanitary(hygiene wise i suppose) or if you don't do anything of the sort...it should be fine. The room has to be clean. Not sure if that's a proper answer...InshaAllah someone else could clarify.

jerryleeevans
08-20-2009, 08:01 AM
You should not be afraid or uncomfortable praying at all. I recently had to go to the field in order to train and critique two US Army units getting ready to go to Afghanistan and Kuwait. I had no problem praying during the time required for Salah, irregardless of who was watching me or where I was at. I remember praying at night and several people were asking about what I was doing as they have never seen a Muslim pray outside of TV and they were genuinely curious by this.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 11:20 AM
It's actually a good chance for dawah. Dont hide yourself praying sister. There is nothing disturbing about salah. It's a quiet atmosphere when your praying.

Cabdullahi
08-20-2009, 11:29 AM
i used to pray near the toilets at royal mail....it was very dirty until a non-muslim women felt sorry and told me of a better place

alhamdulilah

bibish
08-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Thank you for your replies. No, I'm not going to be in university accomodation nor will I be a student. I am just going to start sharing a room with my friend. The bathroom does have a toilet in it so I guess that's a definite no-no and there aren't any other areas where I could pray, so I guess our bedroom would have to be it!

GreyKode
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jerryleeevans
You should not be afraid or uncomfortable praying at all. I recently had to go to the field in order to train and critique two US Army units getting ready to go to Afghanistan and Kuwait. I had no problem praying during the time required for Salah, irregardless of who was watching me or where I was at. I remember praying at night and several people were asking about what I was doing as they have never seen a Muslim pray outside of TV and they were genuinely curious by this.
Sir, May I politely ask what is the nature of your work?:)

Bub
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I used to prayer in my room ( my boarding school ) and some of my girlfriends saw me prayer when they came in but they respect me very much and care staff went like "oh u have been prayer, right?". sometimes i locked my door so i can performance as-salat in peace expect they rang a bell!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Yea sis, you'll have to use the bedroom. InshaAllah it won't be a problem :)

happynur
08-21-2009, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bibish
so I guess our bedroom would have to be it!
the most important is the solat itself... :)

Allah is #1 :)

zakirs
08-21-2009, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i used to pray near the toilets at royal mail....it was very dirty until a non-muslim women felt sorry and told me of a better place

alhamdulilah
may god bless them :)

zakirs
08-21-2009, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bibish
Thank you for your replies. No, I'm not going to be in university accomodation nor will I be a student. I am just going to start sharing a room with my friend. The bathroom does have a toilet in it so I guess that's a definite no-no and there aren't any other areas where I could pray, so I guess our bedroom would have to be it!
When i lived in a sharing room in my university , we only had one room :) so i used to pray in it :) although my friend was non muslim , he didnt have any problems.infact he would stop playing music when ever i started prayer :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.