/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about possession

cat eyes
08-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Salaam brothers and sisters

what always suprized me about most muslims is how little they knew about the jinn and magic, the evil eye etc.. or most muslims don't talk about it and some scholars say its not good to do research about it which i think is wrong because so many people have lack of knowledge about it and therefore if something ever happened to them, they would not know what caused it or look for a cure.. they will spend loads of money on doctors etc and things like this.

what i would like to know is how can you know if a friend you know is possessed? what behaviour will they show? i heard that the signs that the ginn is running in somebodies bloodstream is when one reads the holy Qur'an they get this awful irritating pain in head and ends up having to close the holy qur'an, they feel extreme laziness and everytime a girls mense comes around she has extreme syco behaviour which is not natural for her, when certain people talk with the person especially when people who are close...there vioces irritates them so much that they tell the person to shut up or hit them.

i heard that sometimes you can't know that somebody is possessed, you have to take them to an imam to identify the problem before it gets to out of hand.

what makes me annoyed is the lack of knowledge and ignorance that i have came across even some muslims saying we don't believe on half of it, it just the persons mental state..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Follow 5 pillars of Islam, Jinncannot touch you when ur righteous.
The Bee vs
98"And when thou recitest the Qur'an, seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast".
99"Lo! he hath no power over those who believe and put trust in thier Lord"
100"His power is only over those who make a friend of him, and those who ascribe partners unto Him (Allah)".

true believer
08-20-2009, 09:50 PM
salam sister, yes you are right, some people are igorent on this topic. but as it may be a touchy subject, it should be recongised. most common signs are that they cant listen to Quran. most of the time, it is obvious and the person would act VERY out of character, sometimes become violent, talk to themselves etc. but yes sometimes you cant tell as the major signs may be not showing. and anyone that says it is a person's "mental state" is igorent and as a muslim, should know better.

Salahudeen
11-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Symptoms of Jinn posession.

"Those who have written on this topic have listed several symptoms of Jinn posession. These symptoms may be real but we must point out some of these symptoms may occur for other reasons such as staying up all night, or confusion and uncertainty. So we must try to protect ourselves from the whispers shaytaan tries to instill in our hearts when reading this list of symptoms.

The symptoms have been divided into two categories, those which occur when one is awake and those which occur when one is sleeping.

Symptoms when one is awake

1. Turning away, in particular, from acts of worship and obediance, the rememberance of Allah and reading the Qur'an.

2. Erratic behaviour in onces words, deeds and movements.

3. seizures with no medical cause, there are signs to indicate a seizure has a devlish cause.

4. Paralysis of a limb ( with no medical cause)

5. Being quick to get angry or weep with no apparent reason.

6. Sitting in the toilet for a long time and talking to ones self.

7. Constant headache on one or both sides of the head with no medical cause, which is not eased by pain killers.

8. Irregular menstration in Women.

9. Not producing children, although both husband and wife are medically sound and able to reproduce.

There are other signs when one is awake, but they may be caused by other life circumstances, such as not succeeding in efforts to get married, repeatedly failing to do so, or a wife becoming very distressed when her husband has intercourse with her.

Symptoms when one is asleep

Frightening nightmares, which includes seeing various kinds of creatures such as ghosts or apparitions, seeing oneself falling from high places, seeing people in strange forms, and snakes.

A man may see a women who wants him to have intercourse with her (and vice versa) constantly in his dreams, or he may see some one threatning him.

2. Insomina, anxiety and fear upon waking.

3. Talking loudly in one's sleep, or moaning and groaning

Note

A person should not be regarded as being possessed by the jinn if any of these symptoms occur. No one can be certain that a person has been possessed by the jinn untill after the Qur'an has been recited over him. So these symptons cannot be taken as definitive evidence of Jinn possesson.

source: The Jinn & Human Sickness
Remedies in the light of the Quran & Sunnah
by Dr. Abu'l Mundhir Khaleel

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abu_musab461
11-29-2009, 01:54 AM
jzk bro, mkn;kn;m;;j

ardianto
11-29-2009, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
jzk bro, mkn;kn;m;;j
jzk = Jazak Allahu Khairan.

bro = Brother

But what is mkn;kn;m;;j ?

brotherubaid
11-29-2009, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Symptoms of Jinn posession.

"Those who have written on this topic have listed several symptoms of Jinn posession. These symptoms may be real but we must point out some of these symptoms may occur for other reasons such as staying up all night, or confusion and uncertainty. So we must try to protect ourselves from the whispers shaytaan tries to instill in our hearts when reading this list of symptoms.

The symptoms have been divided into two categories, those which occur when one is awake and those which occur when one is sleeping.

Symptoms when one is awake

1. Turning away, in particular, from acts of worship and obediance, the rememberance of Allah and reading the Qur'an.

2. Erratic behaviour in onces words, deeds and movements.

3. seizures with no medical cause, there are signs to indicate a seizure has a devlish cause.

4. Paralysis of a limb ( with no medical cause)

5. Being quick to get angry or weep with no apparent reason.

6. Sitting in the toilet for a long time and talking to ones self.

7. Constant headache on one or both sides of the head with no medical cause, which is not eased by pain killers.

8. Irregular menstration in Women.

9. Not producing children, although both husband and wife are medically sound and able to reproduce.

There are other signs when one is awake, but they may be caused by other life circumstances, such as not succeeding in efforts to get married, repeatedly failing to do so, or a wife becoming very distressed when her husband has intercourse with her.

Symptoms when one is asleep

Frightening nightmares, which includes seeing various kinds of creatures such as ghosts or apparitions, seeing oneself falling from high places, seeing people in strange forms, and snakes.

A man may see a women who wants him to have intercourse with her (and vice versa) constantly in his dreams, or he may see some one threatning him.

2. Insomina, anxiety and fear upon waking.

3. Talking loudly in one's sleep, or moaning and groaning

Note

A person should not be regarded as being possessed by the jinn if any of these symptoms occur. No one can be certain that a person has been possessed by the jinn untill after the Qur'an has been recited over him. So these symptons cannot be taken as definitive evidence of Jinn possesson.

source: The Jinn & Human Sickness
Remedies in the light of the Quran & Sunnah
by Dr. Abu'l Mundhir Khaleel

Cat eyes , i highy recommed this book , coz its in english n easily avialable from any dar us salam store , or online

Also i was gonna leave a detailed reply to one of ur posts in the taweez thread , but never got a a chance , InshahAllah i will try to get my stuff together n reply there soon.

And as fas as taking a person to an imam goes ,Again how do u know what is the aqeeedah of that Imam? If its for instance an imam who sells or prescribes taweez , what good will going to him do , or a big famous peer or imam who actualy seeks help from jin , basically fights magic with magic , or fights jins with jinns , Going o such person is actualy increasing ur loss and suffering , coz before going to hima person might be in pain n suffreing of this world but after going to such persons the person will lose his Akhirah, his hereafter , his deen n imaan and will lose the eternal life to which there is no end , either gardens of bliss or a severe torment of fire n Allah-ul Mustaan

Please be very very careful n read through that thread of taweez , know what taweez really is , know whats its status in shariah , in the sunnnah , WHO PRESCRIBED it for the Umah ?? If it wasnt muhammad then there is no place for it in our deen n Allah-ul Mustaan

abu_musab461
11-29-2009, 10:45 PM
nice one brother :)

cat eyes
11-29-2009, 11:14 PM
:sl:thanks brother i will order that book. Yea i wil read through that taweez thread again b coz i am bit confused abt it all

abu_musab461
12-02-2009, 08:07 PM
whats confusing?

cat eyes
12-02-2009, 08:57 PM
whats confusing?
because people is saying its haraam and others are saying people are using it as a form of magic and then others our saying theres nothing wrong with it and now it seems we cant even trust imaams? i don't know....:heated:

abu_musab461
12-15-2009, 10:52 PM
From all the scholars i've spoken to from the different schools of thoughts etc... there opinions can be summaries into with reguards to taweez (that there are only three types of taweez)

1. Just verses of the Quran and maybe dua from hadith- there is a dispute about this and both side have their arguments, but it is better to stick to the method of protection the way it was taught by the prophet (pbuh) ie. to RECITE ayat al kursi, and 3 quls and wipe over body etc.

2. Blank peice of paper- obviously a scam.

3. Containing a mixture of Quranic verses and other numbers, letters, grids- or worse still only numbers and letter, names and mumbo jumbo.

The third catagory has been unanonmously agreed upon to be haram- as it could be a form of shirk- numorolgy (assgining numbers to objects) is not from islam but a pagan custom.

Unfortunatly about 98% of the taweez i've come across fall into the third catagory and even shocking is the people who give them :(

Keep away from taweez they are nothing but trouble. Stick to the methods proved from the sunnah and proven to work.

Allah Knows Best

cat eyes
12-16-2009, 05:11 PM
:sl: i was waiting so long for your reply brother abu musab where were you? lol jazakAllah kharian for your help :)

abu_musab461
12-17-2009, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl: i was waiting so long for your reply brother abu musab where were you? lol jazakAllah kharian for your help :)
My apologies sister, i changed my password to my acount and me being me i forgot i even changed it!!

Even more ironic is that i knew the password and kept using old one, until finally i got sick and tried and tried the new one and hey presto!

lol

forgive me none the less. my memory fails me my old age. ;D

Take care

Your brother in islam.

cat eyes
12-17-2009, 05:58 PM
My apologies sister, i changed my password to my acount and me being me i forgot i even changed it!!

Even more ironic is that i knew the password and kept using old one, until finally i got sick and tried and tried the new one and hey presto!

lol

forgive me none the less. my memory fails me my old age. ;D

Take care

Your brother in islam.
:sl:haha it happens with me too brother and i am not even old :giggling:

Allah hafiz

abu_musab461
12-18-2009, 10:07 PM
niether im i old but i sure feel like it.

cat eyes
12-18-2009, 10:16 PM
you need a wife so she can make u feel young again lol

Insecured soul
12-19-2009, 02:13 AM
There was someone in my relatives who was possessed and she use to behave so weird :S

i personally dont know if she was really possessed or had some brain disorders

Rafeeq
12-19-2009, 05:26 AM
I have a simple concern/question.
How is it possible that a inferior creature (Jinn) get control on a superior one (Human)?

There is no evidence of such possesion found in Saheeh Ahadeeth, as per my little knowledge. Can some one assist?

cat eyes
12-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Jinns and black magic. check this vid out it might be helpful for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crD3j...om=PL&index=15

abu_musab461
12-19-2009, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
you need a wife so she can make u feel young again lol
I am married alhamdylillah, but I need to tell my self off first and fore most for allowing my self to use lols etc when discussing with the opposite gender. I think the coversation is leading to unecessary comments or expessions and thus It is inappropreate beacuse its treading on thin ice, under neath lies free mixing = haram.

The scholars have discussed this at great lengths about the dangers and the correct manner of discussing if necessary with the opposite gender.

I should be more careful beacsuse anythin that leads to developing thoughts or feelings for the opposite gender is also haram, beacuse of Allah's statement "Do not approach zina"

So i seek refuge in Allah (swt) and apologize to by brothers and sisters who use this forum.

ws

abu_musab461
12-19-2009, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh
There was someone in my relatives who was possessed and she use to behave so weird :S

i personally dont know if she was really possessed or had some brain disorders
Sometimes its hard even for people with years of experinece to tell if a person is really possessed or not.

Detecting and correctly diagnosing jinn possession is a field on its own.

Everyone is an expert in thier own feild.

abu_musab461
12-19-2009, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
I have a simple concern/question.
How is it possible that a inferior creature (Jinn) get control on a superior one (Human)?

There is no evidence of such possesion found in Saheeh Ahadeeth, as per my little knowledge. Can some one assist?
Before i go on to mention the evidence i would like to present an example of how on numorous occassions weaker, more feble creature can "get control" over more superior creature.

Who is bigger, greater, wiser, and more stronger- a human or a small house spider?

A human no doubt. Then why do you have so many cases of people being afriad of spiders? House spiders are not poisonous, infact thier fangs (iff you can call them that) are not even big or strong enough to puncture our skin.

Yet if there was a spider in our room, some would refuse to sleep there or stay awake with fear all night...

So who is in control?

The spider ofcourse.

Its because we fear what we can do not understand- irrational fear of the unknown.

We create in our own minds ideas that lead us to exaggate the ability of the creatures.

And the list goes on and on.... even non physical things like darkness- can darkenss kill? no but it can dominate and control some people.

So for greater reason something that is invisible and has a physical shape can dominate us psycologically and in some cases physically.

The evidence are too many to list but the most common ayat used by the scholars to say jinn possession exist is the verse about riba is Surah Baqarah 2:275

"Those who consume interest cannot stand [on the Day of Resurrection] except as one stands who is being beaten by Satan into insanity."

If you read the tafsir of this verse by ibn kathir, Imam Qurthubi, Imam Tabari they all unanomously agree that this "sar" touched by the shaytan refers to possession.

Like wise the evidence from the sunnah are too many to quote but there are multiple narrations of boys getting possessed, a black woman, and men too and the prophet (pbuh) saying clearly "Get out you enemy of Allah!".

If there was nothing inside why would the prophet said get out- and if it wasnt a jinn why would the prophet call and illness "Enemy of Allah"?

But again many schaolrs have commented on these hadith and they are agree it was jinn and use these hadith to refute the ideology of the some deviant sects in the past who used to deny jinn can possesses humans.

There are plenty of explicit hadith but one that scholars rely on is the famous hadith "Shaytan runs in the body of the sons of Adam as his blood circulates in it" (Bukhari)

Hope this helps if you need more detail let me know this is as much as i can say from the top of my head... aint discussed this topic in ages and it gets a bit rusty after a while ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.