/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allowed to fast before ramadan or not?

MyNasayih2U
08-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Assalmualikum,

Is it allowed to fast before ramadan?
For a reason or another one needs\wants to fast a day or two before ramadan.
Is this permissible?

JAzakumullah Khair.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MyNasayih2U
08-20-2009, 07:16 PM
can someone please help.

Rasema
08-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I had the same doubt. I think that on Friday alone we're not permitted to fast.
Are we?

MyNasayih2U
08-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm honestly not sure.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rasema
08-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Assalmu Alikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatoh

These hadeeths might help.

219. Chapter: On the prohibition against fasting before Ramadan after the middle of Sha'ban unless that fasting is connected to what is before it and coincides with his habit, like fasting Monday and Thursday

1224. Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "None of you should fast a day or two before Ramadan except for a man who customarily fasts. He should fast that day." [Agreed upon]

1225. Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Do not fast immediately before Ramadan. Fast when you see the new moon and break it when you see it. If cloud obscures it, then complete the thirty days." [at-Tirmidhi]

1226. Abu reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When half of Sha'ban remains, then do not fast." [at-Tirmidhi]

1227. Abu'l-Yaqatan 'Ammar ibn Yasir said, "Anyone who fasts the day which is doubtful has rebelled against Abu'l-Qasim." [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi

Hence: Hadeeths are aregorical so I hope that some of our knowledgeable members explain them to us.

Rasema
08-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Oh forgot to share a grate source.

http://bewley.virtualave.net/riyad6.html#fast

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.