/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab makes women Slaves...???

Emperor000
08-20-2009, 08:15 PM
I have been concerned with the way some non-muslims view the hijab as the SLAVE DRIVER OF WOMEN...
Who would think something like that...
alot of them think the hijab hides womens beuty and makes them slaves
they also think that MEN were the ones who thought of the idea to ''Claim a Women'' with a hijab
so i thought of this for a while
Now I know that ALLAH wants women to wear hijab
But i wanna know why...:hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Somaiyah
08-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Salam,
When some people don't know the truth, they make up a truth they believe is the truth by themselves. To say that women are oppressed by men because of the hijab is easier than to say that the woman has her own free will and do it to please Allah (swt). Because at the same time these non-Muslims can't say Allah (swt) wants it, because they don't even believe in Him. They have to make up something else, which is far from the truth but still something which could be true, since they don't believe in the truth at all.

Emperor000
08-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks J Aaliyah , that covers 1 part...
But like i wanna know the history of the Hijab if you will...
I wanna know why Allah wants women to cover themselves...

Somaiyah
08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Salam,
Allahs (swt) reasons for it I believe is nothing we can know about, we don't know His deepest thoughts and reasons for everything. But I have only been a Muslim for 6 months so there can be something I have missed as a better answer on this. All I know is that He wants us to wear it, but in the Quran it's not as good explained as in the hadiths. Therefore the women not following the hadiths don't wear it, they feel you can wear modestly without covering the hear and only covering the chest and down. In hadiths they explain more and more to make it to the best. But why Allah (swt) wants us is in a human perspective for many reasons, still I can't say what He thinks only my own thoughts and not even what I think He thinks. It's just that the hijab protects us women, we can feel safer for the looks and more modest, we can decide who to look at us and who to not look at us, me myself I feel stronger and braver in it, we learn how to see our shyness in another perspective and our iman gets stronger. I know that there are so many other reasons, but I believe that everything has a reason and that Allah (swt) too has reasons for wanting us women to wear it. But exactly what it is I don't know and can't say.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
08-21-2009, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,
Allahs (swt) reasons for it I believe is nothing we can know about, we don't know His deepest thoughts and reasons for everything. But I have only been a Muslim for 6 months so there can be something I have missed as a better answer on this. All I know is that He wants us to wear it, but in the Quran it's not as good explained as in the hadiths. Therefore the women not following the hadiths don't wear it, they feel you can wear modestly without covering the hear and only covering the chest and down. In hadiths they explain more and more to make it to the best. But why Allah (swt) wants us is in a human perspective for many reasons, still I can't say what He thinks only my own thoughts and not even what I think He thinks. It's just that the hijab protects us women, we can feel safer for the looks and more modest, we can decide who to look at us and who to not look at us, me myself I feel stronger and braver in it, we learn how to see our shyness in another perspective and our iman gets stronger. I know that there are so many other reasons, but I believe that everything has a reason and that Allah (swt) too has reasons for wanting us women to wear it. But exactly what it is I don't know and can't say.
I'll give a real life example sis.Yesterday i was going to an adjacent town with my friend.Two women boarded our bus.One was a non muslim sister , when she boarded my friend *looked* at her and when a muslim sister wearing hijab boarded the bus he didn't even give her a second glance .I was like a zillion times proud at that moment :)

Rasema
08-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Well,their clothes makes them look like whors.

Once you start looking like one you become one.

Caller الداعي
08-21-2009, 05:12 PM
salam i think we shud undastand that islam is not for us to search for the reasons of everything ! I mean do ask to doctor the reason for wat he prescribes ? Obviously Allahs commands arent without reason but its not necessary for everyone to know each and every reason. Hijab is no exception it is a command from Allah and there is no comprmiz howeva Allah does mention some of the reasons e.g. Best for not having suspicion . This is more pure for ur hearts and to protect the women from those in whose heart is a sickness!

GuestFellow
08-21-2009, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Well,their clothes makes them look like whors.

Once you start looking like one you become one.
Asslamu Alikum

Sister if a girl does not wear a hijaab or does not properly cover herself it does not mean they are prostitute or become one.

Peace.

Rasema
08-21-2009, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Asslamu Alikum

Sister if a girl does not wear a hijaab or does not properly cover herself it does not mean they are prostitute or become one.

Peace.
Sorry, I meant that if a hijab makes you a slave then their costumes make them *****s.

Somaiyah
08-21-2009, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
I'll give a real life example sis.Yesterday i was going to an adjacent town with my friend.Two women boarded our bus.One was a non muslim sister , when she boarded my friend *looked* at her and when a muslim sister wearing hijab boarded the bus he didn't even give her a second glance .I was like a zillion times proud at that moment :)
Of course brother. But I was trying to think in another way which even made me myself wonder what I was writing after lol. But yes, the hijab surely makes the men look away alhamdulillah.

Emperor000
08-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks Alot guys you've been a big help

BARAK ALLAH FIKOO AND
RAMADAN KAREEM MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

cat eyes
08-21-2009, 09:01 PM
if Allah wants us to wear hijab then its not for us to ask why. its order of Allah! personally i don't believe the hijab hides the beauty of the woman more like it shows her identity to everybody else that she is a muslim woman and proud to be!:statisfie

Gubbleknucker
08-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Where in the Quran does it actually say that women must wear the burka, rather than regular modest clothing?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.