/* */

PDA

View Full Version : touching pork

faizacadday
08-21-2009, 04:23 AM
if you touch pork meat and you wash your hands afterwards can you pray your salat , will your salat be accepted?. does anyone know of a website that has information on if its haram to perparing it for non muslim?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al Ansari
09-02-2009, 08:06 PM
:sl:

Ramadhan Mubarak

I am unsure of this, but I will research some sites on fatawah, insh'Allaah.

Beardo
09-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I don't know about touching, but just looking at it, or even smelling it makes me sick. I don't know how people eat it with so much joy. I actually found out recently that the Jews also don't eat pork.

sur
09-03-2009, 04:54 AM
if you touch pork meat and you wash your hands afterwards can you pray your salat , will your salat be accepted?. does anyone know of a website that has information on if its haram to perparing it for non muslim?
E.A.T.I.N.G. pork has been declared haraam... period.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
09-03-2009, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
E.A.T.I.N.G. pork has been declared haraam... period.
yeh but it maybe handling haram meat in work places

aamirsaab
09-03-2009, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by faizacadday
I have this little Islam Q and A book I bought from a dawah store in Saudi when I went to umrah a couple of weeks back. The answers were provided by Dr. S M Darsh, a graduate from Al-Azhar University, Imaam at Regents Park mosque and chairman of UK shariah council.

He states that it is not haram to touch haram meat. And his justification is that if it were haram to do so, how would we dispose of haram things such as broken alcohol bottles etc. So, it is fine for you to touch pork (i.e prepare it), then wash your hands (and do wudhu) and pray your namaz. Inshallah the namaz will be accepted.

Zane
09-05-2009, 12:59 PM
I've read somewhere that I can't quote for you, but such as drinking alcohol is haram, we are not allowed to serve it to non-believers either, as such, as eating pork is haram, we are not allowed to serve it to non-believers either. Doing this kind of thing, promotes something we ourselves are not allowed to do and therefore we should not do it (serve pork/alcohol). There are alternatives such as serving halal meat, they wouldn't know the difference unless you told them.

Caller الداعي
09-05-2009, 02:05 PM
y dont u check it out on a fatwa site ull get a scholar who will answer ur questions inshallah.

ژاله
09-05-2009, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
So, it is fine for you to touch pork (i.e prepare it), then wash your hands (and do wudhu) and pray your namaz. Inshallah the namaz will be accepted.
if its ok to touch it for the purpose of disposing it off, thats understandable, but preparing it? does it not come under the same hukm as selling wine or serving it,when you are doing that for others and not consuming it yourself, and thats haraam :?

mundo
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
According to Sunan Ibn-I-Majah Volume 3, Book of Intoxicants, Chapter 30 Hadith No. 3380.

It was reported by Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "God’s curse falls on ten groups of people who deal with alcohol. The one who distills it, the one for whom it has been distilled, the one who drinks it, the one who transports it, the one to who it has been brought, the one whom serves it, the one who sells it, the one who utilizes money from it, the one who buys it and the one who buys it for someone else."

Pork has a similar. No are you allowed to touch, nor use its skin for any clothing or accessories.

Muslims should be careful who work in supermarkets. If you handle pork or alcahol, or shelf it or pack it for someone their crime is now your head aswell.

aamirsaab
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
if its ok to touch it for the purpose of disposing it off, thats understandable, but preparing it? does it not come under the same hukm as selling wine or serving it,when you are doing that for others and not consuming it yourself, and thats haraam :?
Ah that's a good point. I'll have to check with an imaam on that front.

faizacadday
09-13-2009, 08:09 PM
thank you everyone for your replies.

Aishath
12-27-2010, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by faizacadday
Was the answer to this that it is alright to just wash your hands once? Or does one need to wash it more times than that?

Thank you. May Allah bless you all. Ameen.

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2010, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Was the answer to this that it is alright to just wash your hands once? Or does one need to wash it more times than that?

Thank you. May Allah bless you all. Ameen.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

A pig is Najsul-Ayn (completely impure). It is not permissible to use any product of a pig as well as any product manufactured from it. However, if it is dry, for example, a ball, shoes, etc. then touching it does not make one impure. There is no need to wash the hand or make Wudhu.

http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...=8245&act=view

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.