/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My country's Islamic Religious Council is flawed

nocturne
08-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I do not trust my nation's Islamic Religious Council or the official Islam body for Muslims in my country. They are just the mouth-piece of the government and they do not go out of their way to help or fight for the needs of the muslms.

They advice me to take loan to buy houses and in my country it is unlawful for the athan to be played loudly. It is so soft, that i can hardly hear it from outside the mosque.

and now with Ramadan around the corner, this is what they advice the people to do...

Worship in Islam is not limited to the rituals in fact it encompasses a lot more such as:

* Spending time with the children either to supervise or monitor their studies or even to entertain them;
* Toiling yourself in order to maintain the economic need of the family
* Assisting your wife by sharing household chores
* Leaving others in peace by not disturbing them or creating difficulties for them
* Rendering assistance to friends or neighbours regardless of race or religion when they are in need
* To always smile and be cheerful
* Seeking beneficial knowledge
* Keeping to oneself the shortcomings of others
* Feeding neighbours of different religion.
Whilst the above are all good tips to be in general a better muslim. I would expected them to address more important issues like increasing your prayers and self-reflecting on changing oneself to be a better muslim.

:hmm::phew:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
h.shillingford
08-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Maybe they felt that those were the obvious things, so they would address the less obvious?

Yes, they should also point out things like praying, fasting, reading Quran, but there is also a lot of hassanat in the things they did mention.

Caller الداعي
08-22-2009, 01:53 PM
ye i agree maybe theyre emphasising on problems in ur country

happynur
08-24-2009, 09:14 AM
may Allah helps you bro... :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rpwelton
08-24-2009, 09:33 AM
although the loan issue is very troubling...never heard any scholars actually advocating for a mortgage (except in the case of extreme necessity).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.