/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do when you come into Jamaat late?

abbas_ali
08-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Salaam all.

This has been on my mind for a while. I've seen people join the Jamaat seconds after the Imam has begun and they complete the namaz as normal with everyone else. Others who come later in the first, second, third and so on rakats do not complete the taslim in the final rakat but get up and read the rakats they missed.

Anyway could someone explain to me what you should do if you are late and is what you do dependent upon which rakat you join the jamaat at? I'm very confused unfortunately.

Any help would be appreciated. Jazakallah-khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
08-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Salaam. As far as i understand, If you miss one , two or three rakat you make it up by getting up after the Imam has finished the prayer. Read Athiyyat only whilst Qa'da-i- Akhira (sitting) and wait till the imam says salaam once then get up and complete the prayer as you do normally.

If the Imam has started prayer and you start whilst the Imam is finishing Surah Fatiha or Reading a surah but its still the first rakat, You read as normal behind the imam.

This is what i understand anyway. May Allah SWT forgive me if i have said anything wrong

Ramadhan
08-25-2009, 03:53 AM
If you are late but the Imam is still reading some surat in the first rakaat, and you have time to read fatihah, then you read your shalat as normal. Remember, what is compulsory in shalat is reading fatihah in every rakaat.

If you are late by one rakaat, then when the imam read atThahiyyat akhir at the end of the shalat, you only read atthahiyyat awwal, and you must get up once the imam says salaam, and you complete the second, third and fourth rakaat (if it's a four rakaat shalat)

Likewise, if you are late by second rakaat, you have to complete the third and the fourth by yourself, etc.

if you get confused, remember that reading fathihah in every beginning of rakaat is a rukun (compulsory) of the shalat, and without reading it, your rakaat does not count. For example, if you are only able to join the congregation during the ruku' for example, that rakaat does not count.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.