/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can i listen to nasheed or recitals on my laptop

zakirs
08-22-2009, 01:25 PM
:sl:

Can i listen to nasheeds or recitals when i working on my laptop . say for homework or some other studies?

If yes can you point me to something.

I want myself to be reminded constantly this ramadan.I have been missing a lot of salats in my life and i pray that i somehow find the courage to fightback and do all salats from this ramadan.Insha allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misz_Muslimah
08-22-2009, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
:sl:

Can i listen to nasheeds or recitals when i working on my laptop . say for homework or some other studies?

If yes can you point me to something.

I want myself to be reminded constantly this ramadan.I have been missing a lot of salats in my life and i pray that i somehow find the courage to fightback and do all salats from this ramadan.Insha allah.
Asalamalaikum wa rahmatu laahi wa barkaatu
Why not listen to lectures instead ?!

Make dua to allah to keep you strong and try making something salat a part of your life - try not to do anything unless you have prayed..

May Allah increase our knowledge ..amiin

zakirs
08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
yeah will beef up my computer with dr.zakir naik's lectures :sl:

ژاله
08-22-2009, 02:55 PM
^ thats a very brilliant idea. you can listen to quran too inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
08-24-2009, 03:29 AM
Lectures sort of distract me, but I usually enjoy listening to Qur'aan/Nasheed while doing homework. I'm actually a nasheed freak. :X

zakirs
08-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Why i am sceptical is , When i am say listening to quran if i chat to somebosy on my laptop, would it be disrespecting the quran ? i dont know i just want to be careful.

Hidaya
08-24-2009, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Why i am sceptical is , When i am say listening to quran if i chat to somebosy on my laptop, would it be disrespecting the quran ? i dont know i just want to be careful.
I don't know anything about that, but I try not to do that to be on the safe side. My teacher once told me when I was younger to give my full respect to the Quran, and to not do anything else that will distract me from the Quran. But maybe that was because I used to talk/play and read the Quran at the same time...when I was younger though.. :x

Beardo
08-25-2009, 04:36 PM
^ Good question, Brother Zakirs. By the way, I LOVE your signature. Masha'Allah!

zakirs
08-25-2009, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
^ Good question, Brother Zakirs. By the way, I LOVE your signature. Masha'Allah!
Thanks , i remember reading from somebody's sig , i dont know whether it was here or not.

Coming to the topic i found an answer here . ..http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...15ea7814a2f448

As much as we love to listen to the Holy Qur’an and to play it wherever we may be, we should also keep in mind our surroundings and show utmost respect to the recitation. If we are in such a place that it is almost definite that noise will be made and disrespect will be shown to the Qur’an we should rather not play the Qur’an then, but when it is appropriate to do so. For example, if a person is with his family and everybody is talking, then one should not put on the recitation of the Holy Qurān. However, if everyone is silent and will attentively listen to the recitation, then one should listen to the Holy Qurān.
So i guess i will just stick to nasheeds and lectures :|

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.