/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused with Ham at home

markislam
08-22-2009, 06:24 PM
I know in Islam eating pork is haram, i never liked pork any way since my child hood.

after i converted to Islam i stopped eating it completely.

Now this is the hard part my wife made some Ham sandwiches :omg: for a party.

don't know what to do.

I did not tell her yet i became a muslim it is kinda hard.

What should i do in situations like this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
08-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Sometimes we don't fancy eating a particular food even if we're allowed it. That shouldn't give anyone reason to be suspicious. Just say you don't feel like ham sandwiches today. :D

aamirsaab
08-22-2009, 07:17 PM
:sl:
You really should tell your wife you're a muslim. But, do it after the party - don't want a domestic! Until then, simply avoid eating the pork sandwhiches.

markislam
08-22-2009, 07:33 PM
i stopped eating pork 100% by the way after i converted.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
08-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Just say that your stomach is upset and dont eat them.Try telling to you wife that you converted after party :)

Ramisa
08-22-2009, 08:16 PM
:sl:

Your wife has the right to know that you have been guided to the true path,as soon as possible. But,do it after the party as you might not know what to expect. You should give her the English translation of the Holy book the Qura'an. Give her Hadeeths and specific reasons why you converted into Islam. If she is loyal to you,she must convert or else you may have to divorce her. Give her sometime to intake the pressure. Be patient and gentle while explaining to her clearly on what Islam really is rather than a few sterotype views. Be determined to convert her. The best time is during the month of Ramadhan because the Shaitayn is locked up and your faith in Allah is high. Keep your trust and faith in Allah. Make dua that she converts onto the path of truth and fully understands the aspects of Islam. If she has any doubts ask her to write them down. Ask the ones you think we can answer here and the more scholarly ones on websites such as (www.askimam.org) May Allah give you the will to convert your wife and immensly grant all of us Paradise. Ameen. May Allahs blessings be upon you two. Ameen.

:w:

GuestFellow
08-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Asslamu Alikum.

Just say you're not hungry. =)

BTW you really should tell your wife you're a Muslim as soon as possible. Tell her when she is calm and relaxed.

cat eyes
08-22-2009, 08:58 PM
tell her that you stoped eating pork :statisfie

and in future you should buy meat from the halal meat shop for when your having party next time because it would not be fair on your wife to go through all that bother of making something you will not eat:statisfie

you should really tell your wife you are muslim.. i think you people do not open up? most married couples are like best friends also they are free and open with eachother but i think yous are not like this?

i will make make duaa Allah makes things easy for you, Ameen

markislam
08-22-2009, 09:17 PM
i don't communicate a lot with my wife :(

cat eyes
08-22-2009, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
mabe thats the problem then.. you haven't been communicating for so long now you feel like you can't approach her about anything..

supose you may go to plan B then send her a text when your at work;D

GuestFellow
08-22-2009, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
Have you considered getting a third party involved?

markislam
08-23-2009, 12:47 AM
no i have never involved a third party

GuestFellow
08-23-2009, 12:49 AM
^ A mediator or a counsellor could help you ease the communication with your wife...even a friend or a relative could help you explain to your wife you're a Muslim.

It might help.

Tony
08-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Whatever you do dont lie about being Muslim, however hard it might make things brother, lying about Islam is the same as not being muslim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.