/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Mubarak in Turkish

Grace Seeker
08-23-2009, 04:41 AM
Normally I would have asked this in the Misc. Languages forum. But it is closed for Ramadan. I understand that decision and fear that asking this question here might be considered by some to be trying to get around that decision. Guilty as charged. But I hope that the mods will agree that it is for an acceptable cause.

I would like to know how does one extend wishes for a blessed Ramadan to someone in Turkish? I know it is Ramazan Bayrami. And that the festival at the end is called Şeker Baryami. But what are some of the common greetings, wishes, and blessing that might be offered or exchanged between people in Turkey?

I've noticed that Ramadan Mubarak does not appear to be very common. So what is customary?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
08-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Assalamu aleiykum. Its universal. Hosgeldiniz, nasilsiniz......Welcome,how are you.........Adigerushues (spelling bad) ....see you later
Can post later when my wife is around to tell you more

Grace Seeker
08-23-2009, 06:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
Adigerushues (spelling bad) ....see you later

Can post later when my wife is around to tell you more
Teşekker ederim. Sana "Görüşürüz" demek düşünmek. "Görüşürüz" demektir "see you."

But, I wasn't asking for generic salutations. I was interested in those specific to the celebration/observance of Ramazan Bayrami.

north_malaysian
08-23-2009, 07:36 AM
A friend of mine on facebook taught me these:

Ramazan Mubarek Olsun, iyi Ramazanlar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.