/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Misc language section?

Danah
08-23-2009, 11:59 PM
I thought there was something wrong with my eyes :blind:

but seriously, did you guys "deleted" the whole section? or put it somewhere else?
I couldn't reach there directly, I had to search through all my threads to find one thread I posted there and then went through the section.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramisa
08-24-2009, 12:14 AM
:sl:

Possibly put to an restricted section until Ramadhan is over...last time I checked though,it was only closed....

:w:

Danah
08-24-2009, 12:18 AM
^yeah it was closed I know
but I could go through it like any other closed section yesterday
but now its not even there!!

Beardo
08-24-2009, 01:21 AM
We've taken it down for at least the month of Ramadhan because it is hard to moderate those boards. You'd need someone fluent or at least have a little knowledge on every language.

For all I know, you guys could be scheming a way to overthrow me like you did to eHafiz!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
08-24-2009, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
We've taken it down for at least the month of Ramadhan because it is hard to moderate those boards. You'd need someone fluent or at least have a little knowledge on every language.
where we can find such a person have a little knowledge on every single language in that section that's really impossible :hmm:

For all I know, you guys could be scheming a way to overthrow me like you did to eHafiz!
who? us? we were so nice with ehafiz, it seems that it was him who didnt like us here <_<
anyways, Ramadan Mubarak brother Rashad previously ehafiz

I really hope that the section will be back after Ramadan. btw, I can find my way to the section "through the way I mentioned on my first post", so if I post again there, will it appear on the latest posts? or?

Danah
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
bump

Ramadan has gone now, will we have the misc languages again?

Fטлку
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Am I the only person who isn't allowed to reply to any thread in that section? <_<

anatolian
10-30-2009, 10:51 PM
?..seriously

Woodrow
10-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Do you mean the section for other languages that was in the languages section. It became too large with too many languages to be moderated and there was no way to moderate the posts as most of them we did not know what was being written. We would have had to have a moderator who speaks every known language.

Danah
10-31-2009, 05:05 AM
I think to have such a mod speaks all those languages is something impossible
How about you assign more than one mod "2 or 3 or even 4" who approximately speak all languages? I mean try to pick Mods speak different languages

glo
11-01-2009, 04:14 PM
That's a shame. I was just going to check out if there is a Polish thread ...

Danah
11-01-2009, 04:17 PM
^ and I have been waiting impatiently for the Japanese thread <_<

Alim Apprentice
11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Perhaps if you two can volunteer to moderate those threads? :)

sister herb
11-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I miss Finnish section.

imsad

But I know, too many languages.

:hmm:

Danah
11-01-2009, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alim Apprentice
Perhaps if you two can volunteer to moderate those threads? :)
I am still a beginner learner in Japanese, so its kinda hard somehow. We need some international members speaking more than one language to moderate the section

Alim Apprentice
11-01-2009, 07:10 PM
My apologies sister, I thought you were already fluent in Japanese :)

I personally want to learn Japanese too. Interesting language!

Danah
11-01-2009, 07:19 PM
^ no its okay, don't worry......there were more than one good thread about japanese in that section, and we also got some help from some Japanese speakers here. I hope they will find someone to moderate that section as soon as possible.

Woodrow
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
With the mods we are well covered in English, Urdu and Arabic. We also seem to be reasonably covered in French, German and Spanish. To a lesser degree in Turkish, Italian, and Russian. But the only languages we can be certain of having a mod on line at any given moment are English, Urdu and Arabic. So unless us admins become fluent in any desired additional languages it will be difficult to find anybody to stay on the section 24/7 moderating and us admins would also like to know what is posted.

What languages are everybody interested in?? I notice Polish and Japanese mentioned. I believe we only have one member who is fluent in Japanese and he is seldom on line. As far as Polish:

Mówię po polsku (But not enough to monitor any in depth conversations)

sister herb
11-01-2009, 08:04 PM
FINNISH

I am voluntary mod to Finnish section

;D

Woodrow
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
FINNISH

I am voluntary mod to Finnish section

;D
Just out of curiosity, do you speak any Lapp? I am fascinated by it.

Beardo
11-02-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm thinking Bengali shouldbe allowed... Just as long as we stick to transliteration.

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Coz our head admin speaks bengali? :P We need atleast 2-3 mods to check over a section daily.
That is the absolute minimum and far short of what would be needed to assure all posts conform to forum policies.

anatolian
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Well, that section stayed there for years without mods. Was there a problem out of the lack of moderating?

anatolian
11-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Me thinks that it is basically impossible anyway to modorate a mix languge forum with mods since it is open to all world languages. A self control is an option. If there are at least a few members over at least 50 posts who are trustworty and speak that language it would be a safer* place.

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Well, that section stayed there for years without mods. Was there a problem out of the lack of moderating?
It was moderated by the Admins. We can moderate all of the sections. In the past the forum was smaller and there was enough coverage by the mods at that time. However, as the forum it was no longer possible for any admins to keep track of the language section.

Ar-RaYYan
11-02-2009, 10:41 PM
what a shame :hmm:

It was very interesting and fun section of the forum

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
what a shame :hmm:

It was very interesting and fun section of the forum
I liked it too. I had a thread about Native American Languages and was trying to teach the Tsalagi alphabet and some Tsalagi phrases.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.