/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Our Pets in Islam

ammarhio
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
On the first day of Ramadan, my family had sat down to begin our fast. Now we have a family pet, a parrot named Buddy. He plays with the kids and is a very good pet.

We sat down to eat when he suddenly started to chirp very loudly. I immediately brought him out his cage and he flew down to sit with us and prompted me give him some bread. I displayed him the food but he did not eat before I said bismillah and the entire family took there first bite.

Then when I came home from work i had found his food bowl untouched.

We opened our fast and he began this unusual behavior once again...eating only after we said the prayer.

I know this sounds a bit loony but is my parrot a muslim??

P.S.-Please do not judge I am a new Muslim

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramisa
08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
:sl:
Masha'Allah. Maybe it is acting the same way as you since the Parrot copies everything you say(possibly do now). But it can't be a Muslim since it never said the Shahada..(not sure if an animal can be a muslim,though). To be honest, you shouldn't be worked up over little things like this as a Muslim needs to be prepared for the many problems coming as hardships.Allah knows the best.
:w:

Snowflake
08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Everything is the heavens and earth praises Allah. Hence any living being displaying any behavior which seems islamic, isn't unbelievable. One of the signs of the end of times is that animals will talk. So we'll be seeing some more amazing stuff if we're still alive by then.

(As for the unbelievers, their deeds are like a mirage in the desert that the thirsty traveler supposes to be water, but when he comes near to it finds that it is nothing. But he finds that Allah (has always been present) with him, and that He will pay him his account in full; for Allah is swift in reckoning.

Or else, like the depths of darkness in a vast deep ocean, made yet more dark by wave billowing over wave, with clouds above it all: Depths of darkness, layer upon layer, (so that) when one holds up his hand, he can hardly see it. Indeed, those from whom Allah withholds light will find no light at all.

Are you not aware that it is Allah Whose limitless glory all creatures that are in the heavens and earth extol, even the birds as they spread out their wings? Each of them knows how to pray to Him and to glorify Him; and Allah has full knowledge of all that they do.

To Allah belongs the dominion over the heavens and the earth, and to Allah will all return.) (An-Nur 24:39-42)

ammarhio
08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramisa
Masha'Allah. Maybe it is acting the same way as you since the Parrot copies everything you say(possibly do now). But it can't be a Muslim since it never said the Shahada..(not sure if an animal can be a muslim,though). To be honest, you shouldn't be worked up over little things like this as a Muslim needs to be prepared for the many problems coming as hardships.Allah knows the best.

Agreed, thank you for the insight brother.

What is a "Shahada"?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ammarhio
08-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Sisters*

Hayaa
08-24-2009, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ammarhio

What is a "Shahada"?

'Shahada' is the declaration of faith and the first fundamental pillar of Islam.

Shahada in Arabic with its translation-

Ash-hadu anla ilaha illal-Lahu Wahdahu la Sharika Lahu wa-ash-hadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu

I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, the One, without any partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and His Messenger.

Ramisa
08-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Shahada is testifying that there is one God and that is Allah. The Shahada is this(exact wording): I testify that there is no God but Allah,he is one and has no partner.I also testify that Muhammad(peace and blessings be upon him) was his servant and messanger.

That is also the English translation of the second Kalmah.Wa Iyaak brother.

Snowflake
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Everything is 'muslim' even if it doesn't voluntarily submit to the Creator.

'Do some people seek a way of life other than the way of Allah? Is this what they do even though everything within space and the Universe surrenders willingly or unwillingly to Him. Certainly they will return to Allah.' (Quran 3:85)
:statisfie

cat eyes
08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
lol cute parrot.. can you upload a picture of him? awwwwwwww:statisfie yeah parrots tend to copy there owners and you would be suprized also most animals knows the orders of Allah and they follow it awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hehehehe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.