/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pray asr pray at prohibited times and question about tarawih

nutty
08-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Assalamun alaikum

1) - r u allowed to prayer asr five mins before sunset i no if prohibited it but due to work couldnt find the time and that was the only time you could pray is it better to read at sunset then to miss asr prayer or miss it and pray qaza

2_ can we read tarawih in section say 6 rakah first then rest for 10 mins then read another 4 rakah then rest for 10 mins etc what about in normal circumstance when ur healthy and what about when yuou r recoverin from an illness

jazak-allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimah4Eva x
08-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Heres an authentic hadith:

Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Which act is the best?'' He (PBUH) said, "As-Salat at their fixed times.'' I asked, "What next?'' He (PBUH) said, "Being dutiful to parents.'' I asked, "What next?'' He (PBUH) said, "Striving (Jihad) in the way of Allah.''

ardianto
08-26-2009, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Assalamun alaikum

1) - r u allowed to prayer asr five mins before sunset i no if prohibited it but due to work couldnt find the time and that was the only time you could pray is it better to read at sunset then to miss asr prayer or miss it and pray qaza
You are allowed to shalaah asr few minutes before maghreeb time, because it is better than don't shalaah. But if you have a time for shalaah asr in fixed time you must shalaah soon after adhan asr. Shalaah in the last time is 'makrooh' except in the case of emergency. Or if you predict you have no time for shalaah asr you can jama your shalaah asr in duhr time.

2_ can we read tarawih in section say 6 rakah first then rest for 10 mins then read another 4 rakah then rest for 10 mins etc what about in normal circumstance when ur healthy and what about when yuou r recoverin from an illness

jazak-allah khair
6 rakah ?. Maximum rakah is 4.
In 11 rakah tarawih, you can shalaah tarawih 4 then 4 rakah, then continue with 3 rakah of witr. Or you can shalaah tarawih in 2,2,2,2 rakah and 3 witr. But I notice some people shalaah tarawih in 2,2,2,2,2 rakah and 1 witr.
You can take a rest or say/listen to khutbah in the middle of tarawih. Or you can shalaah tarawih without rest/pause.
When you are recoverin from illnes you can shalaah tarawih while sit or even while lie down.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.